If 4G LTE is still turned on at about 12:30am tonight, you can expect a full SW SF Valley report by 2am. I will 'Sensorly' as many major streets as I can and try to get a perimeter.

Lte seems to be amazing in that area as it is based on sensorly. I hope it does get turned on. Keep us updated.

Not much LTE activity here to report. Had friends with sgs3 flipping on and off around down town and ucla areas.

Edited by Febby

So I drove around Northridge a bit. Down Zelzah, Roscoe, Hit Parthenia, and Woodley as well. LTE is definitely spotty. Most of the time I was dropped back down to 3G. Im in my apartment now, literally RIGHT across the street from where I had GREAT LTE coverage earlier, and no dice. Ill blame my apartment for that though (Or Sprints frequency), my reception in this building isnt the best. And right now, im on 3G. So, hopefully coverage does get better. But ill tell you this, ITS AWESOME! Super satisfied with the speeds!

Edited by dw3bb10
  • Like 1

Screenshot_2012-10-09-21-57-21.png

Hey guys I just went to Reseda.in LA to check the glorious first 4G LTE in LA county.In the pic you can check the speeds.between 10-20mbps download and 3-10mbps upload(pretty fast)Its super spotty yet,i guess it doesnt even get into The buildings,and if you go little bit away from that purple zone in sensorly bye 4G,also when i lost 4G,to recovery again I had to activated airplane mode and desactivated again,that was the only way to catch it again,no smooth change from 3G to 4G yet.Also there is a new purple spot on Wilbur Ave and Victory Blvd that was me.I mapped from my house to there(20 milles)But well finally La is lighting up.

• Like 1

Hey guys I just went to Reseda.in LA to check the glorious first 4G LTE in LA county.In the pic you can check the speeds.between 10-20mbps download and 3-10mbps upload(pretty fast)Its super spotty yet,i guess it doesnt even get into The buildings,and if you go little bit away from that purple zone in sensorly bye 4G,also when i lost 4G,to recovery again I had to activated airplane mode and desactivated again,that was the only way to catch it again,no smooth change from 3G to 4G yet.Also there is a new purple spot on Wilbur Ave and Victory Blvd that was me.I mapped from my house to there(20 milles)But well finally La is lighting up.

Good work friend! Anything over 15 is nice!!

I hope i can connected here in west covina soon

Alright! At first I didn't get any 4G in the SFV when I got there tonight.. then suddenly on Ventura Blvd near Tampa going west, I got it.. and strong! I got a 26.30 Down speed test! I went up south on Tampa from Ventura Blvd then back down and over to Winnetka, took the freeway to Canoga, went north on Canoga to Erwin and then to Topanga and south all the way home. The 4G died a short while after crossing Ventura Blvd. on Topanga Canyon Blvd. It is very spotty and unpredictable and I had to do multiple PRL updates for it to 're-find' 4G while I was stationary in several places when it dropped it. But folks, this is a testing phase... LA hasn't even been officially launched by Sprint (even an official date hasn't been given by the 'pin drop' company.. remember that commercial?). So let's be thankful for a light at the end of this tunnel!

ny9e8u2a.jpg

ny9e2ane.jpg

I love the speeds.. Needs coverage now.. which I have no doubt, we'll see soon. Maybe next issue: phone being able to stay connected to 4G??. Haha

Ben

• Like 2

Hey guys I just drove from Glendale to Olive Ave in Burbank and i put the mapping thing on sensorly and i found another 4G LTE area,In Burbank,by the 134 freeway,on Alameda and Buena Vista,I didnt notice right away,but when I looked at my phone it said 4G 6 points,so that means it found something,and now i got home and I saw the purple spot exactly where I was.

Everyone in LA should get the Sensorly application to help map out coverage. If you look at the image below (click the link below the image for an interactive map) you can see LTE has popped up on Sensorly's maps.

uj7Sg.png

http://sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

Here's a link to the Android application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer

Great now we're on to something!!! Btw do you guys have to do anything special like update prl or does the phone automatically find 4g reception?

Last night I went to Reseda to check the 4G LTE in that zone and I had to activate airplane mode and then desactivated,because it didnt get LTE automatically.

On my iPhone, I just flip the switch for it to find LTE. Im hoping coverage is better once its launched, hate that its so spotty. I got 25Mbps on my highest test. I actually used about 1GB of LTE data last night lol Ill be using more tonight too :D

On my iPhone, I just flip the switch for it to find LTE. Im hoping coverage is better once its launched, hate that its so spotty. I got 25Mbps on my highest test. I actually used about 1GB of LTE data last night lol Ill be using more tonight too :D

So glad we have unlimited data. i'd hate to be with a different carierer and worry to even use lte for a speed test O.o
  • Like 2

Damn...

Edit: Thanks for deleting my DP. How do you erase posts?

By being the site admin...and being awesome. That second part is the key. ;)

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

North Hollywood, near Coldwater Canyon and Sherman.

26M down, 10.5M up.

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to upload the screenshot.

damn i was there earlier today and didn't get any lte. they must have turned it on afterwards