Is a tower that connects eHRPD already upgraded?

Installing the app grants it permissions that could enable reading your phone number and those you connect to' date=' as well as your location, and report them somewhere via an Internet connection over which you have no control. And if the widget is installed, then it runs full time as a service. I choose not to do that, although it is increasingly common as a business model to barter one's private details in exchange for the use of a "free" app. But even the paid "Pro" version has all those permissions.[/quote']

Where do you get your tinfoil hats? J/K

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Installing the app grants it permissions that could enable reading your phone number and those you connect to, as well as your location, and report them somewhere via an Internet connection over which you have no control. And if the widget is installed, then it runs full time as a service. I choose not to do that, although it is increasingly common as a business model to barter one's private details in exchange for the use of a "free" app. But even the paid "Pro" version has all those permissions.

Thanks for responding I didn't know that at all :(

Sent From EVO LTE

Thanks for responding I didn't know that at all :(

It's all right in the permissions tab shown in the Google Play Store. I could copy them here, but here is a handy link instead:

The Android ecosystem is basically set up on the premise that it will allow a lot of intrusions and just have them disclosed before an app is installed. (Unfortunately, these permissions are grouped quite loosely.) It is up to the user to protect himself or not.