Washington DC market seemed to take two steps back...

chappo2000

A couple of questions :

Are the LTE installation guys the same as the network maintainence guys?

Robert have you heard anything on the Baltimore / Washington market since May?

Is there a new Goal date?

The newest S3 prl 25005 has opened up some new roaming areas

• Are the LTE installation guys the same as the network maintainence guys? No
  • Robert have you heard anything on the Baltimore / Washington market since May? No, other than sites complete
  • Is there a new Goal date? Not that I am aware of, but we monitor based on sites complete
  • The newest S3 prl 25005 has opened up some new roaming areas Where? You got some details to share? :confused:

I turned on the LTE and did a open signal test and got 1700+ kbs.

Rt 26 about 10 miles west of rt 32.

I'm not sure what this is but it looks pretty good.

You got some hot eHRPD action there.

Robert

I am jealous! I have been going between eHPRD, Unknown, 1xRTT and Out of Service. SSID: 356 though normally I connect to 296.

Although, I can't wait for NV to launch in this part of DC. We need it!

• Like 1

Typically I leave my home get out of airrave range and hit a dead spot. It's in the 21774 zip code. But on my usual rt 26 a northern parallel rt to I-70. I go over Liberty resivor but it was lit up with a great roaming signal. After 25005

Here is a different tower on the way to Owings Mills md

4257537b-a20c-acda.jpg

So I wrote in Sprint's community to see if anyone else was having issues. One of their web CSRs responded with the following:

Single Cellsite 9186353 At 2012/06/14 16:58:49 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Washington DC : Washington DC Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) Tier 2 engaged. 06/14/2012 11:58:00 CST 3 07/13/2012 23:59:00 CST 07/09/2012 09:52:08 CST DC03XC405 Washington DC 20001

So here comes my amateur question: how can I tell what tower I am connected to or supposed to be connected too? Most people reference something like this: DC03XC405 for a tower ID, so on my phone is the '405' the SSID?

Also, this tower has been having issues well before I noticed my problems, so I don't think it is the root of the problem. Would these CSR's be able to see when towers are taken down for NV upgrades or is that a totally different system?

Also, just found the tower they were mentioning and that is clear across town in the neighborhood of Shaw. Hmph. The lack of communication from Sprint about NV is annoying but thank god for s4gru! :)

This afternoon things returned to normal, hopefully anyway. Helping family in Montclair, service jumped to full, all bars showing. Dale City now back to normal 3-5 bars, 2-3 inside. Glad to see things working again.

Hopefully you experienced the same or will soon, in Arlington.

confirmed...Arlington, VA is back to normal.

My normal work tower came back online - sadly still same slow speeds but at least my phone can text and call normally. Oddly, eHRPD has also vanished..... Either way, I am excited to see changes are in progress in DC!

My tower right by the White House (15th and New York Ave NW) has been having intermittent issues all week. Either my SIII is acting up or they are finally putting a band aid on this often over worked tower. I normally pull down 30kbps, if I am lucky.

I am in Chinatown 7th n E st. ( getting 1x service) right now on my SGS3 horrible...some calls come in some don't.

I am in Chinatown 7th n E st. ( getting 1x service) right now on my SGS3 horrible...some calls come in some don't.

Sounds like my issues from earlier this week have moved to your side of town. Hopefully the tower in Shaw comes back online and restores some balance to the network.

Although at my apartment in Logan I have had no issues (regularly pull 500+ on speed tests) and the closer to 17th street I pick up the NV tower - my phone has never worked that well in my life.

I work on Penn Ave and 10th, and I have very bad reception in my building. I'm hoping that after NV comes on here, that this will be fixed.

Closer to the Mall (on 7/3/12), I got really nice 3G speeds. Screenshot_2012-07-12-16-33-36.png

Elsewhere, however, I am getting terribly slow speeds, the likes of 0.08/0.27 Mbps down/up.

slim chance DC is on the list for the 15th of July Flip Switch of LTE right yall? I was thinking just....maaaaaybe with all the netowrk issues we have been experiencing lately that we'd be rocking LTE come July 15.

slim chance DC is on the list for the 15th of July Flip Switch of LTE right yall? I was thinking just....maaaaaybe with all the netowrk issues we have been experiencing lately that we'd be rocking LTE come July 15.

Ummm...no. :(

Robert

I work on Penn Ave and 10th, and I have very bad reception in my building. I'm hoping that after NV comes on here, that this will be fixed.

I have a similar issue where I work in 14th and New York. Many times my phone roams on Verizon when I get call if the call comes in at all. It seems Verizon has good coverage here so I know Sprint could improve theirs. Hopefully NV will solve that if NV hasn't come my way yet... Do you guys know if it has?

I have a similar issue where I work in 14th and New York. Many times my phone roams on Verizon when I get call if the call comes in at all. It seems Verizon has good coverage here so I know Sprint could improve theirs. Hopefully NV will solve that if NV hasn't come my way yet... Do you guys know if it has?

We share the same intersection for our office and I can confirm that I have had the same issues but only recently. Historically, the voice/sms services were fine unless you were in the deep trenches of our building where even Verizon can't break through. I also think that the summer travel season has drastically increased local tower usage and that hasn't helped the situation. This should be temporary.

800 smr will give better building penetration when it is rolled out. Sometimes 1 carrier flat out has better position for an area. At my work, I can walk out the side door and the Verizon monopole tower is line of sight, where sprint, nextel, and att are all several miles north on 2 boomers. Not sure if T-Mobile is even native here or if they run on roaming. Sprint nextel and att are all usable outside but bad inside where Verizon works everywhere.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

We share the same intersection for our office and I can confirm that I have had the same issues but only recently. Historically, the voice/sms services were fine unless you were in the deep trenches of our building where even Verizon can't break through. I also think that the summer travel season has drastically increased local tower usage and that hasn't helped the situation. This should be temporary.

My phone jumps from roaming on Verizon to barely getting sprint. When I go to our storage area I'm roaming on verizon the whole time I am there, it is sad to say but I get higher speeds while roaming in the basement on Verizon 1X that while outside my building with excellent 3G sprint service. NV needs to hurry here.

I seemed to be noticing slightly better signals throughout DC, although I am not sure if that is actually NV, but I think Sprint is doing an admiral job of building out the network.

EDIT: Also, when driving back from NC, I was noticing a lot of cell towers along the major highways that seemed to be in the process of being upgraded, with the antennas closer to the top of the tower, although they seemed to still have the older two antennas at the lower position as well.

Edited by feteru

I'm going to close this thread. It was originally related to the storm damages. It is morphing into a general DC NV thread. You guys are welcome to set up a new DC NV Thread. Thanks!

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner