Radio Comparison Article

if you want apples to apples we need an iPhone in a line up too. To be fair all of us been drinking different flavors of Android Kool Aid' date=' what about some apple juice?[/quote']

Who is going to donate an iPhone to the cause? Lol

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

We did get an Epic donated to the cause. However, no one would part with an iPhone. Go figure...

Robert

• Like 1

Tag.

Really want to see these results, being an Epic owner with a wife using Epic Touch. Think I'm going to wait on a jellybean phone this fall to upgrade (nexus or otherwise).

Plus, my wife let me get a 27" monitor for my game computer this weekend, which means I need to wait a bit longer before bringing up the phone upgrade issue again. :)

Now you get to see which one lies about the signal numbers :). I have seen phones hold perfect calls at one signal yet another phone shows a better signal number and it can't hold the call.

It's going to be interesting.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

I think I have a samsung uproar somewhere in my electronics hoarding pile. Do you want to include that in the test? It would only be able to connect to CDMA1x as it is pre-EVDO...

I think I have a samsung uproar somewhere in my electronics hoarding pile. Do you want to include that in the test? It would only be able to connect to CDMA1x as it is pre-EVDO...

Ummm, no. But thanks. :)

• Like 1

I have the HTC Touch Pro and the Mogul, but I figure those are ancient technology these days...they don't even have WiMAX :P

Never had signal issues on either phone though. It was kind of fun buying the Mogul with EvDO r0 and getting update after update that unlocked additional functionality on the phone (GPS, EvDO rev A, WinMo 6.1 if I remember correctly).

Oh, and running Android 2.1 on the Touch Pro, despite horrid battery life and no camera support, was fun.

Nope, it is worse than that. The Uproar is a cdmaOne handset. It was released in 2001, roughly a year before Sprint launched CDMA2000, so it is not 1X capable.

AJ

Nope' date=' it is worse than that. The Uproar is a cdmaOne handset. It was released in 2001, roughly a year before Sprint launched CDMA2000, so it is not 1X capable.

AJ[/quote']

Nice... I am not sure if that phone even had the vision web on it

Nice... I am not sure if that phone even had the vision web on it

It did not. PCS Vision and 1X went hand in hand. No 1X, no Vision.

AJ

It did not. PCS Vision and 1X went hand in hand. No 1X' date=' no Vision.

AJ[/quote']

And power vision was EVDO?

Vision, Power Vision, Network Vision. So Much Vision. 400 Vision!

And power vision was EVDO?

Sprint unfortunately rejected my idea to brand EV-DO as Double Vision. Imagine the catchy ad campaign...

AJ

Now you get to see which one lies about the signal numbers :). I have seen phones hold perfect calls at one signal yet another phone shows a better signal number and it can't hold the call.

It's going to be interesting.

I was thinking of this as well... I can make and keep a call on my epic when there is 1-0 bars. usually it starts off with one bar, then the screen will show 0 bars but i still am talking on the call. I assume that it is just because the signal meter on the screen is just a representation of the dBm, an I did have barely enough signal to hold on to a call even though it showed 0 bars. (calls sometimes were a little shaky, but I rarely loose them.)

Its going to be nice to be able to compare all the new models and see how they hold up to the old phones we currently have.

Awesome idea.

Double rainbow?

"Whoa, man, wow. That's so intense."

I feel quite certain that guy in the video could tell you where you could get some weed.

AJ

• Like 3

"Whoa, man, wow. That's so intense." I feel quite certain that guy in the video could tell you where you could get some weed. AJ

He really sounds like he "loves" nature...

I was thinking of this as well... I can make and keep a call on my epic when there is 1-0 bars. usually it starts off with one bar, then the screen will show 0 bars but i still am talking on the call. I assume that it is just because the signal meter on the screen is just a representation of the dBm, an I did have barely enough signal to hold on to a call even though it showed 0 bars. (calls sometimes were a little shaky, but I rarely loose them.)

Its going to be nice to be able to compare all the new models and see how they hold up to the old phones we currently have.

I wasn't talking bars. Bars suck. It's some made up number by a yoyo in his cubicle. I wish they would just put the numbers ok there or at least give you the option like they do in cyanogenmod.

I have seen phones that would show a -103 or so and one phone would talk fine and the other wouldn't it. I guess it's is due to receiver sensitivity and what not.

• Like 1