cle lte updates?

technoman888

Yes, LTE Advanced will be the first true 4G standard. So I'm sure Tmo marketing geniuses will try to call it 5G.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Haven't you heard? ITU standards don't mean anything when compared to whatever the heck the marketers want to call it. Pretty soon we'll be measuring our internet speeds in giga-watts, because it sounds cool and futuristic.

• Like 1

Last I checked LTE doesn't even completely meet the original 4g standards. Didn't they lower the 4g standard so that it includes LTE/Wimax? I still say calling HSPA+ 4G is just plain lies.

The ITU amended what can be considered 4G to include technology that can be upgraded and meet the standards. Since LTE-A, WiMax 2 and HSPA+ (some number) will meet 4G standards, their predecessors can be considered 4G.

The ITU amended what can be considered 4G to include technology that can be upgraded and meet the standards. Since LTE-A, WiMax 2 and HSPA+ (some number) will meet 4G standards, their predecessors can be considered 4G.

I think that may be more infuriating than just lowering the standards. Just because my ethernet network cable has the capability to run gigabit but I am still using 10/100 hardware doesn't mean I have a gigabit network.

I think that may be more infuriating than just lowering the standards. Just because my ethernet network cable has the capability to run gigabit but I am still using 10/100 hardware doesn't mean I have a gigabit network.

Couldn't agree more. Just tells you how gullible people are. "Oh, it's 4G, that's one more G than before so it's better." They couldn't just say it's LTE or quote speed numbers... They have to make the ITC change what is considered 4G so they can market to sheeple who have to have a special term to understand.

Couldn't agree more. Just tells you how gullible people are. "Oh, it's 4G, that's one more G than before so it's better." They couldn't just say it's LTE or quote speed numbers... They have to make the ITC change what is considered 4G so they can market to sheeple who have to have a special term to understand.

Do you think the general public knows what those numbers mean? I can't tell you how many times people have asked me "How much is a gigabyte?" Most people who aren't familiar with the ins and outs of technology have trouble quantifying things. I think that's why people still measure Gigbytes in "Songs".

But I digress. You can tell the general public "8Mb/s" all day long and they'll still wonder why their download speed is only "1MB/s", and believe that they're being cheated out of the other 7.

• Like 1

We are three quarters the way through our Second Round article series. Each article tells you about the details for each market. Also' date=' the Network Vision Deployment Running list shows that info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner[/quote']

Thanks Robert I will look through the articles.

-technoman888

Do you think the general public knows what those numbers mean? I can't tell you how many times people have asked me "How much is a gigabyte?" Most people who aren't familiar with the ins and outs of technology have trouble quantifying things. I think that's why people still measure Gigbytes in "Songs".

But I digress. You can tell the general public "8Mb/s" all day long and they'll still wonder why their download speed is only "1MB/s", and believe that they're being cheated out of the other 7.

I know, but there are rules and standards for a reason. Not for companies to circumvent so that they can use some fancy marketing phrase.

Pryo, you have a Verizon Gnex?

Ok, so here is my two cents on the whole 4G thing. It's marketing, pure and simple. But newspapercrane is right, people love buzz words. I had to explain to a contractor working on some stuff in my office that his iPhone 4S was not 4G, even though the iOS update relabeled HSPA+ to 4G.

Pryo' date=' you have a Verizon Gnex?

Ok, so here is my two cents on the whole 4G thing. It's marketing, pure and simple. But newspapercrane is right, people love buzz words. I had to explain to a contractor working on some stuff in my office that his iPhone 4S was not 4G, even though the iOS update relabeled HSPA+ to 4G.[/quote']

Yes, unfortunately. I had to jump to the dark side for a couple years until data speeds were fixed. St. Cloud was not Sprint's model market.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

Techies are no different than gear heads. To them the unwashed masses are all uninformed sheep because they don't know all the inside specs. The average consumer of any product has little interest in the under the hood stuff. They just want to know if the product will do what they need it to do, when they need it to be done.

I could care less whether my car has 4 valves per cylinder or uses four- channel, four-sensor ABS versus three-channel, four-sensor. I just want to know that it will start, run and stop like I need it to.

4G, LTE, LTE Advanced, HIPDQ++...who really cares what you call it? Bottom line is does the technology satisfy the perceived needs of the consumer?

We spend so much of our time interacting with other tech inclined folks that we forget that we're a small fraction of the total marketplace.

Techies are no different than gear heads. To them the unwashed masses are all uninformed sheep because they don't know all the inside specs. The average consumer of any product has little interest in the under the hood stuff. They just want to know if the product will do what they need it to do, when they need it to be done.

I could care less whether my car has 4 valves per cylinder or uses four- channel, four-sensor ABS versus three-channel, four-sensor. I just want to know that it will start, run and stop like I need it to.

4G, LTE, LTE Advanced, HIPDQ++...who really cares what you call it? Bottom line is does the technology satisfy the perceived needs of the consumer?

We spend so much of our time interacting with other tech inclined folks that we forget that we're a small fraction of the total marketplace.

Things like this are why us IT majors in my Marketing classes didn't have a good time. Marketing is all about fluff and appearance. IT is all about cold hard numbers and performance.
  • Like 1

HERESY!!!!

:rofl:

• Like 2

What does HIPDQ++ stand for? :P

HI Performance Data Quality Plus Plus? ;)

• Like 2

How does the cleveland área look?

-technoman888

Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. :rofl:

No...seriously. I really don't have any more information really since posting this article, except that design is finishing up right about now. Planning, permitting and scheduling should be under way soon. This appears to be on average about 3 months earlier than most 3rd Round markets. So I am optimistic that Cleveland will be in a slot with about approximately half a dozen markets in between 2nd and 3rd Rounds. I am loosely guessing these markets will have deployment starts between November and February. I should know more in a few months.

Robert

• Like 1

How does the cleveland área look?

It looks like this:

t6tncx.png

AJ

• Like 1

I meant like lte coverage

-technoman888

It will be on every Sprint site in the market when it is 100% complete. Everywhere you have 3G coverage today will have LTE coverage before Sprint is done with Network Vision.

Robert

• Like 1

It will be on every Sprint site in the market when it is 100% complete. Everywhere you have 3G coverage today will have LTE coverage before Sprint is done with Network Vision.

Robert

Robert must have a macro that spits out this blurb. I think I've seen it at least 50 times on this site. ;)

• Like 2

Robert must have a macro that spits out this blurb. I think I've seen it at least 50 times on this site. ;)

And now even our core members are often saying it for me. Sometimes I have to be an Automaton.

Robert

Robert is like Jim Gaffigan working as a waiter in a Mexican restaurant. Do you really need to ask the question, folks? The answer is always the same. "Tortilla with cheese, meat, or vegetables."

http://comedians.jok...-bottled-water/

AJ

• Like 1

Yes he is. He wont shut up about the 3D.

Robert via LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Has he or you flashed any new ics roms or updated the current Rom?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Has he or you flashed any new ics roms or updated the current Rom?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No. He has been happy with the ROM that came installed with it...so far.

Robert

Robert

Thanks again Robert

-technoman888

• Like 1