Connected to Verizon eHRPD today with new GS-III

2) Would the PRLs have to be updated to include new eHRPD sites? If so, would these have to be different on LTE-capable phones so they will connect to the eHRPD signal, but non-LTE phones would need a different PRL?

Nope. PRLs list SIDs, NIDs, and channels, not individual sites/sectors. Also, PRLs control only CDMA1X and EV-DO system selection. PRLs have no effect on LTE.

AJ

Look up editing PRL's on Google. There is a qualcomm plugin for excel that lets you do it.

I see from your BatonRouge site that you have a lot of experience with PRLs. I have two elementary questions:

1) How the heck does one read or edit a PRL file? They look like binary files to me.

2) Would the PRLs have to be updated to include new eHRPD sites? If so, would these have to be different on LTE-capable phones so they will connect to the eHRPD signal, but non-LTE phones would need a different PRL?

AJ already answered number 2, so I'll take number 1. Yes, they are binary files but it makes up all the data when read by your CDMA chipset. If you want it in human-readable format you can open with the PRL editor in the QPST package (google for it). It is daunting to look at all the numbers to determine what is what, but there are several white papers around the internet that explains how PRLs are layed out. But it does take some toying and experience with them to get the hang of them. My analysis/diff app does make the PRLs a little easier to read but you still have to understand what you are looking at.

Look up editing PRL's on Google. There is a qualcomm plugin for excel that lets you do it.

Yep, even an awesome little utility that has a mock cell phone that you can test any changes of the PRL on.

Robert did you find your GS3 MSL code? I didnt found it with the getprop command.

Connect it to your computer and use adb logcat or download a logcat application from the Play Store. Dial something like *#*#000000#*#* and the phone should spit out the msl in logcat you may have to go into *#*#33284#*#* and enter 6 zeros to get it to show up in logcat but either of those should work.

• Like 1

Connect it to your computer and use adb logcat or download a logcat application from the Play Store. Dial something like *#*#000000#*#* and the phone should spit out the msl in logcat you may have to go into *#*#33284#*#* and enter 6 zeros to get it to show up in logcat but either of those should work.

Would try that, i would let you know. Thanks.