I was in the zip codes of 33993 and 33991 today and did some speed tests on speedtest.net
I got speeds of about .8 Mbps with peek rates of 1 Mbps. I tried to upload pictures but the uploader said files were to large but even though they were below the maximum file size
I've been following the network.sprint.com site and just in the past year in South Florida there have been over 700+ upgrades to towers in my area (Miami/Fort Lauderdale) with another like 400+ planned! I've been taking screen grabs and adding them up. I know we are on the second tier LTE launch list but could they be doing the upgrades now? I mean I have noticed the speed on my 3G shoot up from unbearable to quite fast in the past 6 months or so. Also the speed of 3G on my new EVO LTE is about double+ of that on my OG EVO! So are these just a lot of 3G upgrades, normal maintenance, Network Vision or new LTE cabinets? When I choose other cities from the drop-down list they have a quarter of the updates that the towers in my area are getting except for say New York, lol. I've tried 4G LTE on my new EVO LTE with no luck. I remember that before the 4G Wimax launch down here in some areas I could get Wimax on one or two towers in certain locations so I thought they might test like last time. Thanks for any answers in advance.
Yes the site at the Mountlake exit off 520 broadcasts 5 L2500 carriers. Many sites in the area do nowadays.
The B12 is T-Mobile/AT&T roaming. If it's displaying as Sprint, it's T-Mobile roaming and it's unlimited and unthrottled.
This is a follow-up to my posts of Sept 7 and Sept 20.
Well, things haven't worked too well with the Sprint MiFi8000. After a promising start, things degraded quickly and I started to experience the spontaneous reboot problem that Sprint MiFi 8000 and Verizon MiFi 8800L users have reported. Originally I thought that it was related to the signal level -- but in the end I decided it was some thermal issue. The units do get warm... So I sent my 4 MiFi 8000 units back to Sprint.
And I was never happy with the Peplink/Pepwave Max On-The-Go (OTG) unit. I had several problems with it and the support folks weren't very supportive.
So I bought a second HTC 5G hub (now I have two). Attached is a photo of the two units. I got my old Cradlepoint COR-IBR1700 out of the closet and am presently using its load balancing capability. The 1700 has 5 ethernet ports; 4 of which can be assigned as WAN or LAN and the 5th is set to WAN. So I set those as 1 LAN and 4 WAN ports -- the LAN port ties into my house ethernet, and two of those WAN ports go to the ethernet ports on the back of each HTC 5G hub. But the 1700 seems to be in Round-Robin mode even though I have it set to Device Usage mode (balanced usage) -- well, it clearly isn't doing that. The one on the right is 75.51 GB while the one on the left is 116 MB.
At this point I've been very happy with this setup and the internet has worked continually for the past 3 weeks since I brought this system up. No spontaneous reboots (e.g. MiFi 8000), no blank web-interface screens (e.g. Peplink MAX OTG), and no internet dropouts.