Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Unless they run less than 4 carriers per port then a second antenna set for PCS is almost always needed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I rarely see any with 6 antenna anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I rarely see any with 6 antenna anywhere.

Then they don't have it set up in your corner of the world.

4x2/4 Ericsson sites have been around and confirmed via iPhone field test menu over a year ago. They've been basically all Ericsson have been really doing since the 65 MHz project was completed.

Then they don't have it set up in your corner of the world.

4x2/4 Ericsson sites have been around and confirmed via iPhone field test menu over a year ago. They've been basically all Ericsson have been really doing since the 65 MHz project was completed.

Must look harder. Even in Orlando if I see a Sprint site it's usually either 6 antennae b41/25-26 or just 3 with b25. Remember the 15x15 site pics I sent you a while back? They were mostly set up with just b41 and 25/26 with 6 antennae total. So these site would have 9 total?

Must look harder. Even in Orlando if I see a Sprint site it's usually either 6 antennae b41/25-26 or just 3 with b25. Remember the 15x15 site pics I sent you a while back? They were mostly set up with just b41 and 25/26 with 6 antennae total. So these site would have 9 total?

Yep. Look at the Ericsson spotting guide thread. The 4x PCS setup is there in high quality pictures.

I can't see this tower anymore. The trees around it have grown over my vision of it. ????. I was stoked though because I tested last week and it was still 5x5. Strangely there's no building permits so it must've all been enabled on existing equipment?

I can't see this tower anymore. The trees around it have grown over my vision of it. ????. I was stoked though because I tested last week and it was still 5x5. Strangely there's no building permits so it must've all been enabled on existing equipment?

Considering it's an expanded C+G 10 MHz b25 carrier and not a 15mhz carrier then it's likely that there's only a mere 10 MHz total of PCS c block spectrum left for CDMA or a max of 3 cdma carriers.

3 cdma carriers + 1 lte carrier means you can do 4x MIMO without a second antenna set as you are within hardware max limit of 4 carriers of any technology per port.

• Like 4

I can't see this tower anymore. The trees around it have grown over my vision of it. . I was stoked though because I tested last week and it was still 5x5. Strangely there's no building permits so it must've all been enabled on existing equipment?

EDIT: Tim posted while I was typing. 

It's possible the equipment has been there for some time. Nothing new was needed for a 10x10 carrier. However 4x2 generally requires 2 NV antennas per sector. Some sites have had 2 antennas for well more than a year, some several years. If they have trimmed EVDO and CDMA to basically one carrier each, it's possible to add 4x2/4 with existing equipment.

• Like 1

Towers don't have to have 6 antenna for 4x2 do they?

I'd like to see a speed test from this. I'm still waiting for B25 CA in Samsung land.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Home site got it's 10x10 today!!! It makes a world of difference. c252b28ffc0fd9114317cc056575c955.jpg6e6ecd4b49ae93e678b5cdb257357659.jpg

I've been noticing a lot of 10x10 here in Jax. For some reason though. I don't think the backhaul has been increased.

• Like 1

I've been noticing a lot of 10x10 here in Jax. For some reason though. I don't think the backhaul has been increased.

Once the equipment is recertified 15x15 can happen in JAX. :)

Home site got it's 10x10 today!!! It makes a world of difference.

Where in Florida are you in again?

Once the equipment is recertified 15x15 can happen in JAX. :)

Jacksonville is an Ericsson market. The equipment there does not need recertification for 15x15.

Jacksonville is an Ericsson market. The equipment there does not need recertification for 15x15.

Ok then why not skip 10x10 and go right to 15x15?

Ok then why not skip 10x10 and go right to 15x15?

I have never seen a carrier so that. They always go up 5mhz at a time. T-Mobile had a 10x10 then 15x15 and now 20x20 band 4. At&t had a 5x5, 10x10 and now 15x15 band 2.

That's not a problem in Ericsson markets. That's a Samsung issue.

Sent from my LG G5

& Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia).

& Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia).

Does that means B25CA is only in Ericsson markets?

Over the past week I've traveled from Jacksonville to Valdosta, GA. Also from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach. Seems like LTE has filled out along the interstates. Or it could be that I'm using an iPhone now and the reception is better. I didn't hit any 3G spots like I normally would on my old Nexus 6.

Over the past week I've traveled from Jacksonville to Valdosta, GA. Also from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach. Seems like LTE has filled out along the interstates. Or it could be that I'm using an iPhone now and the reception is better. I didn't hit any 3G spots like I normally would on my old Nexus 6.

Sprint has most sites upgraded with b25/26. Now it's all about capacity, capacity, capacity.

• Like 2

Hope Gainesville gets one of those clusters of 10x10 like you did in Ocala.

It could be there for all I know. Also of the fifteen sites with it I can confirm at least 12 of them have the proper backhaul.

• Like 1