Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Oh Boy !!!! Maybe that's why I have not seen anything maybe it's all done , must have been santa's little helpers...

I doubt they finished all the sites but I have a feeling they have quite a bit done though. Maybe 20%

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just something to do while we wait on a few sites to come online. Jacksonville is a hard city to cover but the coverage is going to be great once CDMA800 comes online.

• Like 1

Just something to do while we wait on a few sites to come online. Jacksonville is a hard city to cover but the coverage is going to be great once CDMA800 comes online.

Why do all you Jacksonville residents think it is so hard to cover the city with 1900mhz? You have any idea how much rural coverage sprint has using that same freq? You guys aren't that special. Mama lied... lol

• Like 1

Refresh my ailing memory... what was the timeframe when Jacksonville was supposed to start turning on the LTE locations?

It was supposed to be November, but the Ospreys delayed deployment until October. So we're a little behind. Jax is schedule to launch by December. But we'll see.

• Like 1

Hi I'm in Jacksonville also we've been keeping a watch on this site. Robert said that Jacksonville has an update coming this week. We keep all the Jacksonville market discussions in the Jacksonville market thread.

• Like 1

Well, I left for a total of 2 days and came back after the carrier I went to wouldn't penetrate the buildings where I needed my phone to work. After reading the forums and seeing exactly what sprint is planning to do I'm not going anywhere because sprint has big plans for the future and for the price you can't beat it.

IMAG0364.jpg

See anything? I see a problem its a huge nest on the tower and birds living there. Sprint said this was a problem to rolling out to some markets. I love animals but it needs to move there are plenty of trees in this town but it had to choose a tower lol. This is the tower near College of Central Florida in Ocala, Florida right by I-75. Also it does have a eHRPD signal since around October 5 but that's the whole city.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6cn1jygb58hedc/IMAG0364.jpg

Edited by Terrell352

Marion County may not require a permit for switching our equipment for an existing facility. It varies by jurisdiction.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I went by that exact area today and there is no LTE up yet

IMAG0364.jpg

See anything? I see a problem its a huge nest on the tower and birds living there. Sprint said this was a problem to rolling out to some markets. I love animals but it needs to move there are plenty of trees in this town but it had to choose a tower lol. This is the tower near College of Central Florida in Ocala, Florida right by I-75. Also it does have a eHRPD signal since around October 5 but that's the whole city.

https://www.dropbox....dc/IMAG0364.jpg

We need a different picture - it's too hard to tell. The Sprint panel will have RRUs sticking out of the back of the panel. This means you'll see boxes on the backside of it.

We need a different picture - it's too hard to tell. The Sprint panel will have RRUs sticking out of the back of the panel. This means you'll see boxes on the backside of it.

its really high up but ill go by and get some better shots. Had to use alot of zoom on the Evo LTE

Hi I guess this thread is the closest to the panhandle there is?

There will be a Panhandle thread as soon as someone creates one to talk about The Panhandle market. Which covers the Lake City to Tallahassee corridor.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Oh OK.... I meant Tallahassee and west I travel from Pensacola to Jacksonville and sometimes down to Orlando...

I don't know too much about forums and such just happened across this site!!

Panama City westward to the Louisiana state line is the Gulf Coast market. Including Pensacola, Mobile and Biloxi/Gulfport.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

None of the sites that I've identified are not active. They aren't even blocking connections or sending out enhanced 3g signals but I went back by the Busch Dr tower because I was at the sams club cycled airplane mode and still nothing. Maybe they are waiting to turn on all the completed sites all at once and not one by one like some of the other markets.