Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I went by the site that was getting worked on last week here's some pics and I speedtest that I did when I was there. I cycled airplane mode on my EVO 4g LTE and didn't even get a hit on my LTE record.

http://db.tt/cRBBjhGX

http://db.tt/ZJX8fxeM

http://db.tt/SsQlhFuS

exact same results as my completed tower near me. Lol the ping was high and no lte. I think they are blocking it. Time will tell.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

What I don't understand is that they could've installed back haul at many other sites in the meantime so sites wouldn't need to have back haul installed later

I thought about this too awhile back, but I think at the time Sprint may have been a little more cash prohibitive and didnt want to foot the bill for hundreds of sites thru Florida that were not going to make use of them until Oct-Nov

I have said this before but I have a feeling when Florida starts its gonna roll.. I'm not sure about the Jacksonville area, but I know that here in Pinellas county because it is so densely packed towers are close to each other in a lot of cases less than 3 miles.. I can see two companies tower crews getting 8 to 12 sites done a day..

I think some of the markets that have had the best deployments are areas that are tightly packed.. Doesn't have to be a major city, just dense.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'll be so thrilled when that happens. A few months ago I swear I was the only one on my tower (pulling 2.7mbps) but I can tell people are joining sprint near me because my speeds are slowing down (1.8 mbps is around the avg). It's still awesome 3g but I am curious when 4G will rollout near me. <br /><br />Anyways, I'd like to get your views on this. My dad works over on old st Augustine road off the i95 exit and he's constantly sending me triple texts of the same thing. I've read that this is a side effect of network vision being in progress. Your thoughts?

Also, my eHRPD just went offline, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get connected to it so they might have just started on my tower near my house!

Heck dude, I have been getting and sending double texts for years with Sprint. It actually cost me a relationship a whil;e back because the girl I was talking to got the same text I had sent the the night before, but this time we weren't talking. She thought I was being shady and accidently sent it to her. Earlier this year my current GF got a text from me after my phone rebooted it was from weeks before..bad deal..

If you look at the maps I bet that Orlando site that went live is bumping with LTE in that area..there is like 11 sites in that general area..Wish we had someone over there..

What I don't understand is that they could've installed back haul at many other sites in the meantime so sites wouldn't need to have back haul installed later

Backhaul installation continued even though NV crews were pulled off. Backhaul is ahead of NV deployment pretty good. Most of the schedule hangups in Florida right now by Ericsson are equipment related, according to my sources there. But things are starting to get moving again. Florida will soon be moving as fast as the crews can work.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 3

This has potential... Just rolled by my lunch site and there is a Verizon van parked in front of it.. Backhaul? I'm gonna ask him worse that could happen is him punching me in the face and saying you must be from that S4GRU website.. Guy could be taking lunch too >_>

• Like 1

Maybe Robert can chime in on this but if these sites are compete. Why aren't we getting enhanced 3G or atleast a hit on our LTE records. I have an EVO 4G LTE so I know to cycle airplane mode and still ended up with nothing.

I cannot say with certainty that these are NV complete sites. Even if there are NV complete panels, it does not mean the work has been completed with setup at the base cabinets. Also, there could be an issue with the backhaul. No matter what, I can say that Sprint has not accepted any sites in the Jacksonville market. And it may be because Ericsson doesn't have any ready for inspection. Also, even if they did accept some sites this week, they won't show up until Sunday/Monday next week on our maps.

Robert

• Like 1

Has anyone seen any more work going on around town? I've been n Orange park, Middleburg, Green cove springs, Normandy, and 103rd. I haven't seen any work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing in Jax, yet. Sensorly is logging much more Orlando LTE signals. :(

Found a permit pulled for "219 SE Broadway St, Ocala for sprint/add antennas & equipment valued at 42,000.00". So it seems there first ocala site will be downtown. The permit statest a company named "NEW TECH CONSTRUCTION CORP" 240 RICH STREET VENICE FL IS DOING THE INSTALL!!!! Based off this being the only permit pulled so far and it taking approx a month to get a permit approved there is no possible way that the Ocala market will be active before March. There where no permits pulled out side of the incorporated city limits of Ocala i.e. Marion county. So Im not 100 % sure why sprint added Ocala to the 100 markets coming soon.?!?!?!?

• Like 2

Found a permit pulled for "219 SE Broadway St' date=' Ocala for sprint/add antennas & equipment valued at 42,000.00". So it seems there first ocala site will be downtown. The permit statest a company named "NEW TECH CONSTRUCTION CORP" 240 RICH STREET VENICE FL IS DOING THE INSTALL!!!! Based off this being the only permit pulled so far and it taking approx a month to get a permit approved there is no possible way that the Ocala market will be active before March. There where no permits pulled out side of the incorporated city limits of Ocala i.e. Marion county. So Im not 100 % sure why sprint added Ocala to the 100 markets coming soon.?!?!?!?[/quote']

Marion County may not require a permit for switching our equipment for an existing facility. It varies by jurisdiction.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

No LTE at the tower. I did a speedtest and got 1x speeds again. It's been this way since Oct 26th (probably a little sooner, this is the day I first checked it out.)

The antennas are definitely installed, they must be installing the backhaul to it.

P.S. Don't be fooled by my phone's status bar. I'm using the GS3 with a Sense theme. lol

No LTE at the tower. I did a speedtest and got 1x speeds again. It's been this way since Oct 26th (probably a little sooner, this is the day I first checked it out.)

The antennas are definitely installed, they must be installing the backhaul to it.

P.S. Don't be fooled by my phone's status bar. I'm using the GS3 with a Sense theme. lol

maybe that's way no lte. ???? Lol jk

lolol, I've heard EVO LTE connectivity issues, which is why I pointed that out.

P.S. I also went to CDMA only mode, and back to CDMA/LTE and still no 4G signal. Just to clarify.

That's the same thing that happens to me when I visit the tower off of I95 and Busch drive. Except my phone doesn't go to 1x. I have an EVO LTE I thought it was my phone at one point.

Not a single update, yet?!!!?! :'( We gotta have at least 1 active LTE tower sometime soon.

You will get your wish this week. Stay tuned.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 5