Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I was getting mad dropped calls entering Jacksonville this morning. Data might not be the greatest, but I’ve NEVER had an issue with dropped calls unless I’m deep in the country. I couldn’t place a call until my phone switched to an extended network. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Seems like in Jacksonville. T-Mobile has
20x20 band 2, 4, 66
5x5 band 12
I haven’t come across any band 71 yet.

That could be possible they have enough AWS spectrum for 20x20 plus 5x5, so the 5x5 could be on 2G/3G. 

10 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Florida on a whole is one of the last states to get b71

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like B71 is ready for deployment in Miami. 

• 1 month later...
Possible small cell sighting. Don’t know the carrier but it’s the first I’ve seen in the Jacksonville market. On Wells Road Orange Park. In front of Burger King. 
92999A57-21FE-4F39-94E9-ADD3F2412B46.thumb.jpeg.72d68dd2476bc5d57902eb066e584f21.jpeg

Turns out these small cells belong to ATT. They have the one pictured and one closer to the Orange Park Mall. I have an ATT device but not sure which band it’s broadcasting.

Turns out these small cells belong to ATT. They have the one pictured and one closer to the Orange Park Mall. I have an ATT device but not sure which band it’s broadcasting.

Only Samsung and iPhone have full info on what band is on AT&T. It’s likely b46 tho

• 5 months later...
Looks like Sprint went around and added Tri-band panels to all the old Clear wire only sites. Giving them 800/1900/2500 in which it covers some of the problem spots.

16 port equipment?

Not sure but it’s the Big wide single panel setup.
Likely 16 port triband if it's a one for one replacement.

Some seem to get octoport 800/1.9 + a 2.5 antenna of some kind (reuse mini Mac / 8t8r / M-mimo).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, I’m still on sprint. I know about the Walgreens thing. Service has been amazing inside and near Walgreens around the city. I was asking more about macro upgrades.