Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Sprint's new 10x10 network is actually a lot better than before. Data portion is more often useful than useless. I'd say this upgrade is a welcomed one but one that was overdue. That said, they should aim for 15x15 asap. B26 should be placed on the back burner only and let B25 handle most data.

Florida has alot of areas where 15x15 is possible and, 20x20 when CDMA is Gone. The rest of the country 15x15 isn't always possible. Their are some areas just not alot. In Florida 15x15 with 4x4 mimo 256qam yeah they could roll out B41 slower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Florida has alot of areas where 15x15 is possible and, 20x20 when CDMA is Gone. The rest of the country 15x15 isn't always possible. Their are some areas just not alot. In Florida 15x15 with 4x4 mimo 256qam yeah they could roll out B41 slower.

Only thing is 15x15 and 4x4 mimo requires a site visit and that's where Sprint fails the hardest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Only thing is 15x15 and 4x4 mimo requires a site visit and that's where Sprint fails the hardest.

That is true. Not in the 15x15 part but, 4x4 mimo 256qam yeah. Alot of their Nationwide Network is waiting on B25CA. Come on Samsung/Nokia

I'm stuck on 5×5 with no Band 41 in sight. Has Sprint made any public declarations about their intent to upgrade weak spots to 10 or 15? I'm not looking for promises - just some indication that they know I (and my slow service) exist.

• Like 1

I'm stuck on 5×5 with no Band 41 in sight. Has Sprint made any public declarations about their intent to upgrade weak spots to 10 or 15? I'm not looking for promises - just some indication that they know I (and my slow service) exist.

Are you in Orlando. I don't get why every tower doesn't have it by now. It's just a software update on the network.

15x15 does not require a site visit...?

4x4 doesn't necessarily require a site visit either if they are running CDMA and EVDO on one carrier each. 

15x15 does not require a site visit...?

4x4 doesn't necessarily require a site visit either if they are running CDMA and EVDO on one carrier each.

We have yet to see 15x15 and 4x4 MIMO using standard NV equipment. If they ran one CDMA and EVDo carrier then to increase voice capacity VoLTE would have to come with it.

We have yet to see 15x15 and 4x4 MIMO using standard NV equipment. If they ran one CDMA and EVDo carrier then to increase voice capacity VoLTE would have to come with it.

15x15 and 4x4 equipment runs on the industry standard hex port antennas and Ericsson rrus 31s. There is no "special" equipment needed.

An additional 1900 antenna radio set is needed only if a sites configuration exceeds eNB hardware limits.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So all of the sites in the Orlando area that are running 15x15 have two dual-band antennas?

15x15 and 4x4 equipment runs on the industry standard hex port antennas and Ericsson rrus 31s. There is no "special" equipment needed.

An additional 1900 antenna radio set is needed only if a sites configuration exceeds eNB hardware limits.

I thought he was saying 4x4 MIMO is possible without extra antennas if you use one cdma and one evdo channel. I was telling him if any equipment upgrade is apart of it then it's going to be a long wait since Sprint doesn't have the best track record for equipment upgrades or add ons.

Everyone that I have seen did.

Well a second antenna is not explicitly needed for 15x15, apparently all of the sites that have it were previously deemed high capacity sites. 

I understand you were saying that upgrades to the physical equipment often take a lot of time, but what Tim has said, and what I was saying is that a second antenna is not a requirement, though it is likely difficult to trim EVDO and CDMA down to one or two carriers right now. 

I thought he was saying 4x4 MIMO is possible without extra antennas if you use one cdma and one evdo channel. I was telling him if any equipment upgrade is apart of it then it's going to be a long wait since Sprint doesn't have the best track record for equipment upgrades or add ons.

If you use 3 CDMA carriers + 1 lte carriers.

There are Ericsson sites out there running 4x4 + cdma off one antenna radio set before CDMA thinning and spectrum swaps occurred.

The dual PCS antenna radio sector setups are not needed now in spectrum swap markets where a single wideband lte carrier can be used and CDMA is thinned to the three carrier maximum.

• Like 1

There are Ericsson sites out there running 4x4 + cdma off one antenna radio set before CDMA thinning and spectrum swaps occurred.

The dual PCS antenna radio sector setups are not needed now in spectrum swap markets where a single wideband lte carrier can be used and CDMA is thinned to the three carrier maximum.

Like the Orlando market?

Does the same hold true for Samsung and Alu equipment?

• Like 1

This is from the only b41 site in the county. Way slower. But I suspect this site does not have adequate backhaul since even at 3am 130 is the highest it goes and it's a 3xCA site.

2b48a204102d0094eceb6bf73c06adae.jpg

This is from the only b41 site in the county. Way slower. But I suspect this site does not have adequate backhaul since even at 3am 130 is the highest it goes and it's a 3xCA site.

Hmm Sprint is neglecting this area it looks like...

• Like 1

This is the best speed that I have gotten from a 10x10 site and this Is a high capacity site. 239584a41b6204df34e4926815f4d13c.jpg

That's great. The most I've gotten from a 10x10 is 30mbps. My son and I have been having speedtest battles. He's on T-Mobile I've been beating him 4 out of 5 times. T-Mobile has a lot of users here between T-Mobile and MetroPCS.

• Like 1

The lack of band 41 in the entire County to me says neglect

From the speed posts, i dont see any evidence of neglect. Also, the area just got 10x10.

• Like 1

From the speed posts, i dont see any evidence of neglect. Also, the area just got 10x10.

It was neglect until 10x10 showed up. But here Sprint is still by far the slowest. Also that same 10x10 site has 6 LTE antenna and 4 of the 6 are under 3mbps that sector was the only one pulling 50mbps. I would definitely say Sprint has neglected the area but is showing signs ofbm getting better.