Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Somewhere In calfornia Sprint does have 10x10. It's to make up for not being able to Deploy B26.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Nope. It's because the spectrum holdings here on socal allows it. (40 MHz).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It can't be. There are some markets (such as San Francisco) in which they hold a total of 30 MHz of PCS spectrum (G block included), yet they have deployed two B25 LTE carriers (20 MHz) and pushed CDMA to only 10 MHz of spectrum.

Then there are markets in which Sprint holds 40 MHz of PCS spectrum, but have only one 5x5 B25 carrier.

This is true. We need that spectrum bad over here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Somewhere In calfornia Sprint does have 10x10. It's to make up for not being able to Deploy B26.

You're thinking of San Diego. But they didn't go 10x10 because of no B26.

For example, Las Vegas got B26 and B25 10x10 around the same time.

The point is that there is no consistency on how Sprint decides to repurpose spectrum. It definitely isn't LTE congestion. Maybe call demand?

You're thinking of San Diego. But they didn't go 10x10 because of no B26.

For example, Las Vegas got B26 and B25 10x10 around the same time.

The point is that there is no consistency on how Sprint decides to repurpose spectrum. It definitely isn't LTE congestion. Maybe call demand?

Wait Vegas has 10x10 finally? Last I heard it wasn't​ 10x10, I know 15x15 is possible cause if their swap with att. For calfornia I've never been there so I didn't know where it was.

That on Tmobile??

Sprint. Obviously I was in a spot where Sprint or Verizon didn't have signal. ATT has no service also and T-Mobile was on band 12 with a -126 signal and was actually usable.

• Like 1

Sprint. Obviously I was in a spot where Sprint or Verizon didn't have signal. ATT has no service also and T-Mobile was on band 12 with a -126 signal and was actually usable.

Funny I just left the dollar store and Sprint was on 1x800 while At&t and Tmobile had no service and we have full 700mhz on most towers for Tmobile. Also the nearest tower is shared by all 3 with Tmobile on the top and Sprint on the bottom. It's very clear Sprint's reliability would be bad if 1x800 was not around.

• Like 1

Funny I just left the dollar store and Sprint was on 1x800 while At&t and Tmobile had no service and we have full 700mhz on most towers for Tmobile. Also the nearest tower is shared by all 3 with Tmobile on the top and Sprint on the bottom. It's very clear Sprint's reliability would be bad if 1x800 was not around.

Something is up with AT&T I often lose service outside on bright sunny days.

• Like 1

Yet, Sprint's 1x 800 is around.  I like how Sprint outdoes everyone at a location, and you resort to "Sprint would be bad without 1x800" instead of saying, "1x800 allows Sprint to be better than AT&T and Tmo".  It appears your Sprint cup will always be half empty.

Robert

• Like 1

Yet, Sprint's 1x 800 is around. I like how Sprint outdoes everyone at a location, and you resort to "Sprint would be bad without 1x800" instead of saying, "1x800 allows Sprint to be better than AT&T and Tmo". It appears your Sprint cup will always be half empty.

Robert

I don't hate Sprint but I have to look at the facts. Nearly 4 years after deploying b41 they still have thousands of sites performing horrible because of lack of b41 equipment, they have the least capacity deployed per tower compared to the other carriers, they are just now starting to get there network good enough to deploy VOLTE years after everyone else (but I do believe this was the right call.), Son not investing in the network, the only carrier without aggregation to their low band spectrum, investing in unnessessary things like Pokemon Go and Tidal. They have the least customers but the slowest most inconsistent LTE network on a nationwide scale. Most of these problems should have been fixed by now but we still have them in 2017. It's crazy to me that the best part about Sprints network is the voice side. Like I said I'm not hating I just want them to do better faster.

• Like 2

I don't hate Sprint but I have to look at the facts. Nearly 4 years after deploying b41 they still have thousands of sites performing horrible because of lack of b41 equipment, they have the least capacity deployed per tower compared to the other carriers, they are just now starting to get there network good enough to deploy VOLTE years after everyone else (but I do believe this was the right call.), Son not investing in the network, the only carrier without aggregation to their low band spectrum, investing in unnessessary things like Pokemon Go and Tidal. They have the least customers but the slowest most inconsistent LTE network on a nationwide scale. Most of these problems should have been fixed by now but we still have them in 2017. It's crazy to me that the best part about Sprints network is the voice side. Like I said I'm not hating I just want them to do better faster.

No, you were talking about one location. Not the whole network. You chose the topic with your post. If we are discussing facts, the fact was that Sprint was better in that location. That's a fact. But based on your opinionated slant of that fact, you made it seem like it was a negative thing that they were better.

You've been busted for your slant. Now you're trying to change the subject. The subject you selected. Nice try.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

No, you were talking about one location. Not the whole network. You chose the topic with your post. If we are discussing facts, the fact was that Sprint was better in that location. That's a fact. But based on your opinionated slant of that fact, you made it seem like it was a negative thing that they were better.

You've been busted for your slant. Now you're trying to change the subject. The subject you selected. Nice try.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Oh I get you. Well honestly yeah, until I see a consistent LTE experience they will always be a dollar short. If we are talking about this area they have shown the least interest. They never really had a voice problem here even before network vision. If I see improvements on data I will give them props.

• Like 1

Oh I get you. Well honestly yeah, until I see a consistent LTE experience they will always be a dollar short. If we are talking about this area they have shown the least interest. They never really had a voice problem here even before network vision. If I see improvements on data I will give them props.

No one denies B41 rollout has been to slow. It's only been 2 years since att B30 and, that has past B41.

• Like 1

No one denies B41 rollout has been to slow. It's only been 2 years since att B30 and, that has past B41.

In the meantime though band 26+25 CA would not be a bad idea. It's working for the other carriers so that whole it should only be used for coverage excuse is tired. I dread band 26 and often 3G is a better experience. CA would likely help increase capacity without them having to do much except standardize it.

• Like 2

In the meantime though band 26+25 CA would not be a bad idea. It's working for the other carriers so that whole it should only be used for coverage excuse is tired. I dread band 26 and often 3G is a better experience. CA would likely help increase capacity without them having to do much except standardize it.

I do agree. So far only B25xB25 is happening which is good

• Like 2

I do agree. So far only B25xB25 is happening which is good

It is but they waited so long to deploy it that areas without b41 need to be 15x15 or better just to make a dramatic difference.

• Like 1

It is but they waited so long to deploy it that areas without b41 need to be 15x15 or better just to make a dramatic difference.

Yep. Here in Minnesota they got a good amount of B41. It's not on every tower. There is one City which it's popular here in the summer only has 3 towers with it. 10x10 is possible but, not sure if that has happened.

• Like 1

Is this a new location?

I believe it was installed when Sprint came in and add 8t8r's a few months ago. I could see the site from the highway but this was my first time being near it. Just happened to field test to see if the site was active and discovered this.

• Like 1