Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

727c9a199ab531675f96dda2bb8883e4.jpg

Well I'm at the Town Center having lunch with my wife. Normally I don't use my phone for data much out here because it's slow. Well today I decided to look something up on google and noticed that pages were loading fast and videos actually played. So out of curiosity I looked to see what band I was on. There it was Sprint FINALLY added Band 41 to a site or maybe even a small cell to this area. This really gives me hope for Sprints future.

• Like 2

727c9a199ab531675f96dda2bb8883e4.jpg

Well I'm at the Town Center having lunch with my wife. Normally I don't use my phone for data much out here because it's slow. Well today I decided to look something up on google and noticed that pages were loading fast and videos actually played. So out of curiosity I looked to see what band I was on. There it was Sprint FINALLY added Band 41 to a site or maybe even a small cell to this area. This really gives me hope for Sprints future.

The problem is you will see one upgrade and then it takes 8-15 to see the next. They just don't do upgrades as fast as the other carriers. This is still great to see though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The problem is you will see one upgrade and then it takes 8-15 to see the next. They just don't do upgrades as fast as the other carriers. This is still great to see though.

That's true. It took them a while but I guess it's better late than never.

Sprint came through the Jax market a few months ago and added 8t8r's to the high traffic areas.

Wish they would do that here or a 10x10 b25 basically any type of capacity instead of a really slow network.

• Like 2

Got this on a -127 signal.

87ebe5de7691d8db1887c02f63fb5b84.jpg

In the same spot as the first screenshot.

I'm surprised the iPhone can hang on that long. Most LTE phones cut out at -124dBm. Impressive either way though.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the iPhone can hang on that long. Most LTE phones cut out at -124dBm. Impressive either way though.

I am heading to Jackson Florida in about three weeks how was the band 26 coverage down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am heading to Jackson Florida in about three weeks how was the band 26 coverage down there

Literally every site in the county has b26 now.

Coverage and speed is pretty good. You'll lose LTE every now and then. Mostly in buildings.

Coverage and speed is pretty good. You'll lose LTE every now and then. Mostly in buildings.

any densification efforts going on down there?

any densification efforts going on down there?

I haven't seen a new site in a few years. Band 41 is on most sites. If I had to guess about 90% of the Band 41 sites are old Clearwire gear. They don't reach as far as the 8t8r's.

I haven't seen a new site in a few years. Band 41 is on most sites. If I had to guess about 90% of the Band 41 sites are old Clearwire gear. They don't reach as far as the 8t8r's.

I can't wait to get down there and see what sprint can do

• Like 1

I'm satisfied with my service to price ratio. The service fits my needs. So that's why I stay. I considered T-Mobile but didn't pull the trigger.

I'm satisfied with my service to price ratio. The service fits my needs. So that's why I stay. I considered T-Mobile but didn't pull the trigger.

good because I have sprint as well as AT&T Verizon and T-Mobile where I do go outside of my house Sprint performance pretty well

• Like 1

It's okay but far from what Orlando, Tampa or Miami is. Jacksonville is only at 31% b41 deployment after all.

• Like 1

It's okay but far from what Orlando, Tampa or Miami is. Jacksonville is only at 31% b41 deployment after all.

are they still deploying band 41 down there

are they still deploying band 41 down there

Slowly. Really really slowly. You will quickly see Sprint is the slowest in Jacksonville if you have all 4 carriers mostly due to the other carriers having more capacity per site than Sprint which is not anything new.

Slowly. Really really slowly. You will quickly see Sprint is the slowest in Jacksonville if you have all 4 carriers mostly due to the other carriers having more capacity per site than Sprint which is not anything new.

well let's hope sprint gets their butts in gear and start deploying quicker

well let's hope sprint gets their butts in gear and start deploying quicker

B41 deployment has picked up a little and 10x10 b25 is now being deployed as well. Soon it should be 15x15 b25 like Orlando.

B41 deployment has picked up a little and 10x10 b25 is now being deployed as well. Soon it should be 15x15 b25 like Orlando.

so that's evident of CDMA refarming

Jacksonville has all 3 bands. More sites have B25/26 than 41. I was just their and saw B25/41 more than 26.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so that's evident of CDMA refarming

Jacksonville received 1900mhz C block from spectrum swaps last year. It should already be refarmed. It's just not on that many sites yet.

Jacksonville has all 3 bands. More sites have B25/26 than 41. I was just their and saw B25/41 more than 26.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

. The state I live in it's mostly been 25 and 26 and there's a lot of GMO's that have not been upgraded here. How many GMO's are in Florida