Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

The only action I've seen from Sprint lately is they add another set of triband panels. IIRC, I believe someone said that Ericsson is adding additional panels for overloaded 1x.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Not anything from Sprint. Only AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Only att & lots of Verizon. No S ot Tmus. Verizon's new set up looks very similar to sprint to the point that I mistook it for a Spark tower. 6 panels with rrus attached to the back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only att & lots of Verizon. No S ot Tmus. Verizon's new set up looks very similar to sprint to the point that I mistook it for a Spark tower. 6 panels with rrus attached to the back.

All VZW setups here in Jacksonville has ground mounted radios. Also they claim to have band 4 XLTE but I haven't seen any changes of their hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

All VZW setups here in Jacksonville has ground mounted radios. Also they claim to have band 4 XLTE but I haven't seen any changes of their hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Come down south a bit you will see. Also Verizon has band 4 all over the place I can go from Gainesville to Orlando and be on band 4 at least 50% of the time. Even small towns like belleview have plenty of band 4.

• Like 1

On another note I think Sprint needs to adjust their LTE scan times and their LTE dropoff thresholds. I'm dropping LTE way to early on my device and its been like this with every device I have. My AT&T iPad and my sons MetroPCS device hangs on to LTE way longer than my Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Come down south a bit you will see. Also Verizon has band 4 all over the place I can go from Gainesville to Orlando and be on band 4 at least 50% of the time. Even small towns like belleview have plenty of band 4.

I'll be heading down to Orlando Sunday to hit Universal for Halloween Horror Night so I'll keep my eyes to the sky and on the road lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

On another note I think Sprint needs to adjust their LTE scan times and their LTE dropoff thresholds. I'm dropping LTE way to early on my device and its been like this with every device I have. My AT&T iPad and my sons MetroPCS device hangs on to LTE way longer than my Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I think they have. My note went all the way to Alachua on I75 and not once did I go to 3G. On the Nexus 6 I would have lost LTE 2-3 times. Even the Moto X pure edition 2015 I here is better at LTE. The Nexus 6 is without question dethroned in the rf department.

• Like 1

I'll be heading down to Orlando Sunday to hit Universal for Halloween Horror Night so I'll keep my eyes to the sky and on the road lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6

You will be on band 4 like 80% of the time at universal on Verizon with ridiculously high speeds for such a congested area.

• Like 1

Another thing I finally tested CA on a spark tower in the Villages and something odd was happening. At 6pm I went and got 2 CA I made sure I checked but speeds never reached more than 21 on download. I was seeing better speeds on the Nexus 6 so I turned off CA and made sure it was off then I proceeded to run another test. My speeds did not change. Actually it was a few mbps faster. I tried with my girlfriends S5 sport and still slower than expected. I came back a few days later at 4am since I was in the area taking someone home and even that late with no cars in site where I used to get 70mbps easy on one carrier I still could not get more than 28 mbps with or without CA. Also I tested that Walmart just for kicks. Where the Nexus 6 loses band 41 very shortly after you walk in the Note 5 held band 41 all the way to the electronics department in the back of the store. I was amazed. Not to mention samsung pay has changed my life. I love this phone more and more everyday but that tower has something up with it for sure.

• Like 1

Another thing I finally tested CA on a spark tower in the Villages and something odd was happening. At 6pm I went and got 2 CA I made sure I checked but speeds never reached more than 21 on download. I was seeing better speeds on the Nexus 6 so I turned off CA and made sure it was off then I proceeded to run another test. My speeds did not change. Actually it was a few mbps faster. I tried with my girlfriends S5 sport and still slower than expected. I came back a few days later at 4am since I was in the area taking someone home and even that late with no cars in site where I used to get 70mbps easy on one carrier I still could not get more than 28 mbps with or without CA. Also I tested that Walmart just for kicks. Where the Nexus 6 loses band 41 very shortly after you walk in the Note 5 held band 41 all the way to the electronics department in the back of the store. I was amazed. Not to mention samsung pay has changed my life. I love this phone more and more everyday but that tower has something up with it for sure.

What app were you using? Ookla seems to have issues utilizing CA. Sensorly seems to have better performance in this case. Just don't expect good pings because, well, Sensorly.

What app were you using? Ookla seems to have issues utilizing CA. Sensorly seems to have better performance in this case. Just don't expect good pings because, well, Sensorly.

Ookla but we have seen plenty of Ookla tests over 100 mbps on S4GRU. The fact that even when I turned off CA and still only got 22-27 mbps at 4am when it was no one around is odd too.

Ookla but we have seen plenty of Ookla tests over 100 mbps on S4GRU. The fact that even when I turned off CA and still only got 22-27 mbps at 4am when it was no one around is odd too.

I have only seen good Ookla tests coming from Samsung markets. If you got 22-27 with CA off, you should have seen at least 40. Next time, try multiple apps and multiple servers. 

I have only seen good Ookla tests coming from Samsung markets. If you got 22-27 with CA off, you should have seen at least 40. Next time, try multiple apps and multiple servers.

I did try multiple servers. 5 to be exact all with the sam results. I will try different apps next time. Any suggestions on which apps I should use?

I did try multiple servers. 5 to be exact all with the sam results. I will try different apps next time. Any suggestions on which apps I should use?

Sensorly has given me the best results while on CA. In one spot, on the same tower, same sector with the same PCC and SCC, I got 133Mbps on Sensorly, while I only got 20Mbps on Ookla. Rootmetrics generally has reliable results as well. I haven't used it as much, but I have seen people using it more often lately.

• Like 1

Sensorly has given me the best results while on CA. In one spot, on the same tower, same sector with the same PCC and SCC, I got 133Mbps on Sensorly, while I only got 20Mbps on Ookla. Rootmetrics generally has reliable results as well. I haven't used it as much, but I have seen people using it more often lately.

Ill give it a shot

Results the same.923d69101dcb79dfed1461997b1857c6.jpga1af5ca6b7b914b918f62f68e9214da0.jpg0f603e4c277a7203a550b7b4d9f970d9.jpg

Results the same.

Perhaps there is an issue with backhaul or something like that. Those speeds are still within acceptable ranges, so opening a ticket probably wouldn't do much good at this point. But if it gets worse, I'd definitely report that on Sprint Zone.

Perhaps there is an issue with backhaul or something like that. Those speeds are still within acceptable ranges, so opening a ticket probably wouldn't do much good at this point. But if it gets worse, I'd definitely report that on Sprint Zone.

I'm not complaining or anything but CA is the same speeds as non CA so I know something is not right.

• 2 weeks later...

So another tower with TD LTE popped up on Sprints map in another place that I know well in rural middle of nowhere territory Morriston Fl. This tower was not spark a few months ago which I find interesting. I still question if Sprint is really targeting congested sites or using some other method. It just doesn't make sense. Look at central and northern Fl and you will see small towns getting band 41 love while biggers cities are left high and dry. I would say this site slipped through the cracks and just made it before the focus on bigger cities but this site was recently done no more than 2 months ago. It also has CA on it. 322f69fc874bccc11b9440391f74219a.jpgeba2da0130daea561b82a97f076290bf.jpg

• Like 1

So another tower with TD LTE popped up on Sprints map in another place that I know well in rural middle of nowhere territory Morriston Fl. This tower was not spark a few months ago which I find interesting. I still question if Sprint is really targeting congested sites or using some other method. It just doesn't make sense. Look at central and northern Fl and you will see small towns getting band 41 love while biggers cities are left high and dry. I would say this site slipped through the cracks and just made it before the focus on bigger cities but this site was recently done no more than 2 months ago. It also has CA on it. 322f69fc874bccc11b9440391f74219a.jpgeba2da0130daea561b82a97f076290bf.jpg

I think they target sites in which they've got their permits approved.

Lmao. Like I said I wish I knew how they got it.

Well I guess Sprint is really serious about densifying their network and adding band 41 to most of its footprint.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1