Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

This is the best Ive seen in and around Orange Park. Speed test was at corner of College Drive and 220. Still no LTE at my house but with this speed I hope it gets here soon.

post-7967-0-29650500-1364766114_thumb.png

Anything slated for the shores in Ocala? Soon that is.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I was in the shores in today they only have one Sprint tower and that's behind the winn dixie. Doesn't look like they started anything yet from what I observed yet :(

I was in the shores in today they only have one Sprint tower and that's behind the winn dixie. Doesn't look like they started anything yet from what I observed yet :(

FYI, there's another tower further southeast on Maricamp by Lake Weir High School that covers the older part of the Shores. As for when they'll be upgraded, your guess is as good as mine; backhaul may be more of an issue in the Shores since the cable plant is Comcast rather than Cox, and Embarq has never put much effort into good DSL coverage out that way.

• Like 1

Below is what I got last night on Kindlewood/Brannan Field tower.

So far Sprint LTE is not very impressive at all, you have to literally be near the tower to get good speeds. All the speed test I have done have not been faster than 5MB unless I was right near the tower. I want to say I got better speeds over WiMax than I do now. I hope these speeds get better.

So far Sprint LTE is not very impressive at all, you have to literally be near the tower to get good speeds. All the speed test I have done have not been faster than 5MB unless I was right near the tower. I want to say I got better speeds over WiMax than I do now. I hope these speeds get better.

I pulled 12 down and 5 up from a tower 5.5 miles away from me. Average is about 6-8 down and 2-4 down though. If I'm at the tower its33 down and 12 up

FYI, there's another tower further southeast on Maricamp by Lake Weir High School that covers the older part of the Shores. As for when they'll be upgraded, your guess is as good as mine; backhaul may be more of an issue in the Shores since the cable plant is Comcast rather than Cox, and Embarq has never put much effort into good DSL coverage out that way.

The Winn Dixie on maricamp looked different from when I seen it 2 weeks ago it looks like I see ruus up there

I pulled 12 down and 5 up from a tower 5.5 miles away from me. Average is about 6-8 down and 2-4 down though. If I'm at the tower its33 down and 12 up

Can you really be that far from a tower? Someone told me that a cell phone can't pick up a tower very good if it's more than 3 miles away. Is that not true?

That Shores tower is where my phone parks when I'm in Ocala visiting family, so it'll be nice. At least he has Comcast broadband now; being at the fringe of EVDO on my Virgin Mobile 3G stick was no fun when I used to visit back in the day.

That Shores tower is where my phone parks when I'm in Ocala visiting family, so it'll be nice. At least he has Comcast broadband now; being at the fringe of EVDO on my Virgin Mobile 3G stick was no fun when I used to visit back in the day.

I know sprint has been bad there for a while. That tower is not being upgraded yet as I was checking out all of that area today and the only tower I know was being worked on was the one behind Winn Dixie across the street from sonic and walgreens

Also I need someones opinion on which one of these are sprint panels on this tower. I know this is a sprint and t mobile tower and from what I can see it looks like there are ruus installed but no lte.

IMAG0979_BURST002_COVER.jpg

Also I need someones opinion on which one of these are sprint panels on this tower. I know this is a sprint and t mobile tower and from what I can see it looks like there are ruus installed but no lte.

looks like the second tier down from the top is Sprints.

looks like the second tier down from the top is Sprints.

That's what I was thinking I just wasn't sure. There appears to be ruus on sprints part of the tower. Can anyone tell me if this is indeed ruus

If you had WiMax from that same tower, you wouldn't have had a signal at all.

The biggest issue with performance is signal strength. Signal strength is largely determined by panel downtilt. In rural sites, there is very little downtilt and the signal goes pretty far. In denser suburban and urban environments, he cells are much smaller, with the downtilt much more severe.

So if an urban site goes live with no others around it, the signal will not travel very far, and performance will degrade relatively quickly as you drive way from the site. The signals cannot overlap the adjacent sites by very much. Once LTE is fully live, you will notice it is much better than the deployed WiMax network in every way. You are just experiencing the limitations of an early immature network.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Has anyone seen any activity with at the Sprint site on the Belleview water tower? Haven't been back to my parents house in awhile, but I'm curious to see if anything has changed. I think the whole city is covered by just two or three towers so NV should fly there lol.