Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Anyone know the status of the tower that serves Downtown Jax (ie near main/bay)?

According to the maps in the sponsor section and sensorly. There's a 3g/4g site on Adams near the Hart bridge that is active.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Holy smokes I can't wait until Sprint gets their 4g off the ground here. Using T-Mobiles network has gotten me excited about the potential that Sprints LTE will bring forth.

Its demoralizing those seeing the performance of T-Mobile compared to Sprint's current network. I am not a huge data hog but it'll be nice always having 3mbps+ speeds everywhere I go. :P

• Like 2

Holy smokes I can't wait until Sprint gets their 4g off the ground here. Using T-Mobiles network has gotten me excited about the potential that Sprints LTE will bring forth.

Its demoralizing those seeing the performance of T-Mobile compared to Sprint's current network. I am not a huge data hog but it'll be nice always having 3mbps+ speeds everywhere I go. :P

I miss my old T-Mobile phone. As long as you're in the city their service is crazy fast. The girlfriend just picked up a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile and we've now defaulted to using it instead of my iPhone whenever we're out and about because the iPhone on Sprint just doesn't work especially around rush hour. Siri is more likely to tell you it has a problem than actually work unless you're on WiFi.

When I was on Sprint LTE over on the west side all was well, but obviously LTE in Jax isn't going to be a quick roll out like Orlando was starting to turn into. Heck the beaches don't even have any towers listed as "in progress" or whatever. North Kernan/Wonderwood/Mayport needs love too!

The rollout in JAX has been less than fast, no doubt. But work is still very active. They just seem to be having acceptance issues that seem to plague some markets. Sometimes you have an over aggressive inspector who gets unreasonable, sometimes you have a problematic Contractor that just can't seem to get it right. Either way, should improve in the next few weeks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

New tower live near buckman bridge. Most of the bridge through San Jose is now covered on I-295. Tried to map what I could in Sensorly.

If so, it is testing. It was not accepted as of yesterday. I wonder if it might be the new site that was accepted off Phillips Hwy. If you lose it more than 1/2 mile from the bridge on either side, then it probably is the new site on our maps.

Thanks for posting your new find!

From the signal level shown in sensorly it looks like the signal is stronger on the west end of the bridge but I know depending on the direction the antennas are pointing I could be wrong and the signal could be coming from the eastside (the Philip's Hwy tower)

If so, it is testing. It was not accepted as of yesterday. I wonder if it might be the new site that was accepted off Phillips Hwy. If you lose it more than 1/2 mile from the bridge on either side, then it probably is the new site on our maps.

Thanks for posting your new find!

From the signal level shown in sensorly it looks like the signal is stronger on the west end of the bridge but I know depending on the direction the antennas are pointing I could be wrong and the signal could be coming from the eastside (the Philip's Hwy tower)

Yeah, this would be expected, as the trees on the east bank would shield the Phillips site to the east more. Whereas on the west side, you have open water to the east of you and more likely to have line of sight to the Phillips site.

The best way to determine is to get the Cell ID from the LTE Engineering screen, then go to the Phillips site, get out about 500' away from the tower on the SW side and see if it has the same Cell ID.

I keep getting random 4G out in clay county. Some days driving down Blanding through Orage Park I can keep 4G from Wells to college drive area.

I have yet to find anything out though on that tower at old jennings and brannan field. I cant get time to stop by and take a peek at the base, but my house less than 1 mile away still only gets 2-3 bars on a good day.

3G speeds are still very hit or miss down I10 and 295 through the westside and the few times ive mapped in sensorly I get only 3G.

I was able to map a little 4G with sensorly on Blanding and down to Old Jennings so its getting out my way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I saw a site being worked on today. A couple weeks ago a saw a truck at the site. (I assume its back haul) Today I saw a truck there again looks like they may have been doing base station work. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Come on Sprint! Is there any way to figure out what's holding a site from being turned on? Maybe I can email American Towers Co. again and get some info. LOL

My local site has NV panels installed for 3 weeks now and backhaul appears to be in place. I think they're just migrating the equipment over but it's taking forever...! (it seems)

Come on Sprint! Is there any way to figure out what's holding a site from being turned on? Maybe I can email American Towers Co. again and get some info. LOL

My local site has NV panels installed for 3 weeks now and backhaul appears to be in place. I think they're just migrating the equipment over but it's taking forever...! (it seems)

Three weeks is not long. There is a lot of set up, provisioning, drive testing, etc. that happens. Panel install is not the end. It's not really even the middle. You can complain after two months.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Hey Robert I have a question. There is a site in Ocala Fl, that you put as in progress but nothing has been done to that tower and you put that up over a month ago. Its the one on sw 8th st 34471. Also the 4G tower on silver springs is not active for some reason.

Hey Robert I have a question. There is a site in Ocala Fl, that you put as in progress but nothing has been done to that tower and you put that up over a month ago. Its the one on sw 8th st 34471. Also the 4G tower on silver springs is not active for some reason.

What's your question? Those are statements. Is your question why, my answer is...I don't know.

The In Progress site in Ocala was on a site dispatch report. Which means it is ready to start. As for the Silver Springs site, it was accepted as complete. I cannot even begin to speculate why Sprint sits on accepted sites. But it seems to be happening more often the past few weeks.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yea it was a question. I don't know why I typed it like that. Thanks seems like they are just behind. Hopefully before May there will be wide spread lte in the city

The site in North Ocala was accepted on Saturday. I'm updating the map now. Additionally, the Silver Springs site appears to be live now. I see a blip on Sensorly. You just must have missed it.

Robert

I see thanks Robert that's why they pay you the big bucks :)

LOL

My bank just won't accept my big fat rolls of Monopoly money I keep trying to deposit!

• Like 1

I'm actually right across the street from the tower on silver springs eating at Denny's lol very good building penetration. Then again I'm basically at the tower so yea. Ill check out the other later.

Denny's on a Sunday morning and LTE surfing. Ahh, it's the little things in life...