HTC 1XXL 2 gig of Ram

QWIKSTRIKE

Aw, man, I was holding out for the HTC One XXX.

2059qa1.png

AJ

• Like 5

Saw this.

I think I would wait to see what HTC and Verizon have cooked up for the fall. I expect an iPhone 5 competitor with dual or quadcore S4 Pro and possible LightField camera since the S4 Pro supports it.

Interesting, with Verizon being the only carrier not to have a One X offshoot (EVO LTE included), this could be their phone of the year.

Although, I seriously doubt it will dent the iPhone sales.

Interesting, with Verizon being the only carrier not to have a One X offshoot (EVO LTE included), this could be their phone of the year.

I thought their offshoot was the Droid Incredible 4G LTE

• Like 1

I thought their offshoot was the Droid Incredible 4G LTE

I guess you can say its more of a One S jr. It has an s4 krait but its underclocked to 1.2ghz and I don't think it has the image sense chip, it also has 8gb of storage. Personally I don't understand why verizon would go with watered down specs. I wonder if they will find a way to gimp the gs3 as well.

• Like 1

I guess you can say its more of a One S jr. It has an s4 krait but its underclocked to 1.2ghz and I don't think it has the image sense chip, it also has 8gb of storage. Personally I don't understand why verizon would go with watered down specs. I wonder if they will find a way to gimp the gs3 as well.

Maybe price point?

That, and people believe Verizon is infallible.

The Droid Incredible line has always been for girls. Someone speculated that the processor was underclocked for battery life. As far as memory, the memory is expandable, I am a fan of more on-board memory for apps and that, but if you just want MP3/video storage, a microSD works great.

The Droid Incredible line has always been for girls. Someone speculated that the processor was underclocked for battery life. As far as memory, the memory is expandable, I am a fan of more on-board memory for apps and that, but if you just want MP3/video storage, a microSD works great.

I know memory is expandable but why not just release the actual one s and just call it the incredible 4g lte? Its bad enough tmobile wants 199 for a one s when you can get the better one x and even better evo lte(based on specs) for the same price(not comparing networks). If this phone was priced at 149 or even 99 then it wouldn't be so bad.

Edit:

I don't know how true this is but from what I could fine this phone comes in at almost 12mm thick. I mean that considerably thicker than any other one series variant.

• Like 1

I know memory is expandable but why not just release the actual one s and just call it the incredible 4g lte? Its bad enough tmobile wants 199 for a one s when you can get the better one x and even better evo lte(based on specs) for the same price(not comparing networks). If this phone was priced at 149 or even 99 then it wouldn't be so bad.

Edit:

I don't know how true this is but from what I could fine this phone comes in at almost 12mm thick. I mean that considerably thicker than any other one series variant.

I agree, I had read that the DINC3 would be at $150 because if it is the same price as the GS3 you would have to be in love with HTC or the Droid text message notification to buy this over the GS3.

The thing I find funny is that both HTC and Samsung come out and say, "we are consolidating our lines and we will not be releasing custom phones for each carrier" Samsung follows through, but HTC... there is a vast difference for each carrier. I guess HTC doesn't have the clout to dictate what the individual carriers will accept.

The thing I find funny is that both HTC and Samsung come out and say, "we are consolidating our lines and we will not be releasing custom phones for each carrier" Samsung follows through, but HTC... there is a vast difference for each carrier. I guess HTC doesn't have the clout to dictate what the individual carriers will accept.

On the flip side, the EVO and Droid Incredible line has a huge marketing and fan base behind it. It would be smart to stick with that branding. Samsung doesn't have that domestically, so they can change.

• Like 1

On the flip side, the EVO and Droid Incredible line has a huge marketing and fan base behind it. It would be smart to stick with that branding. Samsung doesn't have that domestically, so they can change.

Yeah, that was my thinking, Sprint and Verizon probably talked HTC into continuing their lines to capture repeat sales, then since it was down to AT&T and T-Mobile at that point, they probably figured a quad core would market well for T-Mobile and AT&T could have the scraps...

Yeah, that was my thinking, Sprint and Verizon probably talked HTC into continuing their lines to capture repeat sales, then since it was down to AT&T and T-Mobile at that point, they probably figured a quad core would market well for T-Mobile and AT&T could have the scraps...

Yeah, I don't think sprint would have sold as many evo's if it was simply called the one x. The evo name has a lot of value to sprint.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I saw an article suggesting Verizon getting a 1080p 1.7GHZ 1X variant soon.....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Monster-quad-core-HTC-phone-with-1080p-screen-headed-to-Verizon_id32221