NV not started yet in Tampa Bay, why all the handshake problems

thtguyuknw

So recently, in the last 4-5 weeks I have been getting a lot of call drops first with my EVO 4G and now with my EVOLTE. I know they haven't started any upgrades here yet, Anyone know why more towers in the area aren't handing off to the next tower. I have about 5 areas where Handshaking has become a problem. To the point where I can tell exactly where I am going to loose a call. and as soon as the call drops the next tower picks up because signal goes from no bars to full strength. Has anyone noticed this in any other markets?

Who said NV has not started in Tampa? I don't have the schedule near me at the moment, but working from memory, it is supposed to start this summer.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I was just going on your last Map which only showed a single site in Palm Beach as being started in FL. So then is the hand off issue a possible sign that these area's are getting the NV treatment :lol:

That's the only site scheduled for 4G LTE to go on air in Florida this month. However, its usually 45 days from the time NV works starts in a market before the first site goes live with LTE. So, if Ericsson mobilized in Tampa June 1st, the first site would go on air around Mid July. So, it is possible. We have a Tampa article coming soon. :tu:

• Like 1

I have the same issue here, but in my case, its the GNex.

Saw this from the other thread about network vision jobs...

THE ASSIGNMENT 3 year project assignment as the Backhaul Project Manager, as part of the Sprint Network Vision Project Team, for various markets (650 sites) managing the design, delivery, and migration of a hybrid AAV/Microwave transport network.

This network will replace the existing copper T1 backhaul and will include the capacity (average 300 Mbps) to carry all the CDMA, as well as the new LTE, and WiMax traffic.

SCOPE OF WORK

• Establish a team to design, deploy, install, integrate, and migrate the existing copper backhaul network to a new microwave network supporting 3G and 4G technology.

• Develop market specific designs, project plans, dependencies and essential process/documentation, MOPs, staffing requirements/plans that can be transitioned into the actual market deployment.

• Coordinate the design activities for Microwave backhaul.

• Coordinate and manage the ordering and deployment of fiber backhaul circuits with AAVs appointed by Sprint.

• Identify dependencies and sequencing of all necessary planning and deployment activities.

• Develop timeline and critical path for all activities as an input to the overall market deployment schedule.

• Take strategic direction from overall backhaul CPM whilst supporting the project needs of the Market program manager.

• Identify issues/concerns and assumptions for deployment plan.

• Refine as required, as the deployment and design requires.

PRIMARY SERVICES GROUPS INVOLVED ASPs, MW Engineering, RF Engineering, RAN Engineering, Site Engineering, Cutover Services, Network Integration (NI), I&C readiness teams and PM, AAVs.

Includes Travel.

Markets: TN: Memphis, Clarksville; LA- NOLA; FL: Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Hollywood

I don't like seeing 3 year project, but cool other than that.

When I was talking to some tower tech contractors working on an AT&T site up here a few days ago they said they had counterparts doing Sprint builds in the Tampa area right now, and I would assume it was Network Vision that they were doing.

When I was talking to some tower tech contractors working on an AT&T site up here a few days ago they said they had counterparts doing Sprint builds in the Tampa area right now, and I would assume it was Network Vision that they were doing.

I hear Sean Payton is doing the hiring for the NOLA and surrounding markets. Guess he didn't have anything else to do for the next year. The carriers should watch out for the NV contractors trying to get bonuses for "working" on the wrong cell equipment :)

• Like 2

I haven't had many dropped calls while transitioning from tower to tower, but I have noticed a few towers near me "have gone missing" so to speak. Hope NV is the culprit and that we can start enjoying the benefits soon.

I hear Sean Payton is doing the hiring for the NOLA and surrounding markets. Guess he didn't have anything else to do for the next year. The carriers should watch out for the NV contractors trying to get bonuses for "working" on the wrong cell equipment :)

Close but not quite. In actuality, Gregg Williams is looking for work for the next several years, so Sprint called him in as a motivational speaker to fire up the Network Vision contractors before they go out and do their site installs.

AJ

I thought cdma/1x advanced had only launched in Chicago and there were production prls to use the towers?

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

I thought cdma/1x advanced had only launched in Chicago and there were production prls to use the towers?

Ah this may be the case. I haven't been following it too closely for the past couple of months. Finally found time lol.

Areas where I had full bars in Tampa now I have one or two or it roams during the last month. This happens in certain areas though notably the Busch Gardens area and the suburb of Brandon.

Yeah the Busch Gardens/USF area is really quite bad now.

I feel everyone's pain! I work in the Lakeland area and the service here has went to hell in some places and only certain times of the day as well. It'll be interesting to read S4GRUs article on the Tampa and Orlando market's once he post them!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The SIDs have since been removed from the public prls. They were having too many issues in Chicago and didn't want it adding to the mix.

The SIDs have since been removed from the public prls. They were having too many issues in Chicago and didn't want it adding to the mix.

I must have missed that, thanks for the follow up :)

capacity has been my biggest issue at work, but has been since I started here. we are in a office park near the fairgrounds, and I think everyone in this area must use Sprint Blackberries. I know 99% of our business supplied BB's are Sprint. I can do a Speed test in the morning before the place fills up and I am getting 1.2Mbps but by late morning or lunch. I am lucky if I am getting 100Kbps.

• 1 month later...

Not trying to sound like a complainer, but it almost seems like they are not even doing bandaid fixes here. Something has to be happening soon, service has gotten completely rediculous. I am dropping calls constantly and lately data throughput has been lower than dial up. I am lucky to get better than 33K with almost 2 second ping latency (2200ms). I was at IP today and even though I had full signal and my 3G was showing transfer, I couldn't open any web, or web enabled apps. I would say it has gotten progressively worse around here in the last 3 months.