Jelly Bean

nocturnal

Flash needs to die. I Personally I hope they leave it out. If android doesn't support it going forward, that'll be the final nail.

Sent from my Acer A200 using Forum Runner

Flash needs to die. I Personally I hope they leave it out. If android doesn't support it going forward, that'll be the final nail.

It won't be cold turkey. The "browser" browser won't be replaced by Chrome right away. Once they go Chrome only though, Flash is gone, and most likely dead.

It won't be cold turkey. The "browser" browser won't be replaced by Chrome right away. Once they go Chrome only though' date=' Flash is gone, and most likely dead.[/quote']

And just like that adobe announces that mobile flash is dead. They aren't going to support 4.1 and it's stopping new installs as august 15.

And just like that adobe announces that mobile flash is dead. They aren't going to support 4.1 and it's stopping new installs as august 15.

And boom goes the dynamite. It was only a matter of time until HTML5 made flash irrelevant. This just speeds the development of HTML5. I'm not sure if this was a Google decision, or an Adobe decision, but it was a good thing, and keeps Google right on pace with the rest of the field.

C'est la vie! A year ago, I used flash occasionally on my phones/tablets. But I don't think I've used it in months. Seems like developers have been moving away steadily in the mobile environment.

Looks like Steve Jobs is getting one of his final wishes. The death of Flash. However, HTML5 is likely to allow more OS competition in the future, as it starts to even the playing field with apps. Could be ironic for Apple and Steve Jobs in the end.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

So all the sturm und drang from folks about Apple products not supporting Flash should be ceasing, right?

Way to work out my brain on a Friday. It was in FOF mode already (F off Friday)

• Like 1

C'est la vie! A year ago, I used flash occasionally on my phones/tablets. But I don't think I've used it in months. Seems like developers have been moving away steadily in the mobile environment.

Looks like Steve Jobs is getting one of his final wishes. The death of Flash. However, HTML5 is likely to allow more OS competition in the future, as it starts to even the playing field with apps. Could be ironic for Apple and Steve Jobs in the end.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

The only thing I use flash for on my Android devices is for MLS Live streaming soccer games. For some reason, MLS ignores Android and won't create a streaming app for Android even thought Android has supported http live streaming since HC.

Since Google just announced Jelly Bean along with the Nexus 7 and the Q at their show, what is the likelihood we will still a new Nexus phone this year?

Since Google just announced Jelly Bean along with the Nexus 7 and the Q at their show' date=' what is the likelihood we will still a new Nexus phone this year?[/quote']

There were rumors that there would be 5 nexus devices this fall/winter. I would expect to see at least one nexus phone sometime in the November to January timeframe.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

So all the sturm und drang from folks about Apple products not supporting Flash should be ceasing, right?

Achtung, Robert says "der Sturm und Drang."

AJ

• Like 1

We might even see another version of android this year...

All those apple fans will insert fragmentation every third word in their conversation if that happens.

Since Google just announced Jelly Bean along with the Nexus 7 and the Q at their show' date=' what is the likelihood we will still a new Nexus phone this year?[/quote']

About 100%. Probably around October.

There were rumors that there would be 5 nexus devices this fall/winter. I would expect to see at least one nexus phone sometime in the November to January timeframe.

We'll probably see a 10 inch tablet at some point. And we'll definitely see a phone around October. That would be a year after the last release.

We might even see another version of android this year...

All those apple fans will insert fragmentation every third word in their conversation if that happens.

I don't think we'll see another android release. Google committed to a yearly update cycle so manufacturers had more predictability.

We'll probably see a 10 inch tablet at some point. And we'll definitely see a phone around October. That would be a year after the last release.

Lol, unless they get sued to block the release. Can't have any competition for the next coming of the Jesus Phone.