Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Not for Sprint sad to say. For others like US Cellular, sure. Considering that rumor had it that AT&T was to get the Note 2 on or before the Oct 24th event day, I personally do not think that will be the case. Since the AT&T consumer blog just came out with a posting that the LG Optimus G is being put up for pre-orders tomorrow for a schedule release date for Nov 2. What does this have to do with the Note 2, well in that blog it states the first quad core device on AT&T. If the LG is the first quad core device on their network, then the Note 2 will be the second which means after the Nov 2 date. And if AT&T is getting it in Nov, then I believe all the others will too, including Sprint.

I still feel that Sunday Nov 11th is the day.

TS

• Like 1

Not for Sprint sad to say. For others like US Cellular, sure. Considering that rumor had it that AT&T was to get the Note 2 on or before the Oct 24th event day, I personally do not think that will be the case. Since the AT&T consumer blog just came out with a posting that the LG Optimus G is being put up for pre-orders tomorrow for a schedule release date for Nov 2. What does this have to do with the Note 2, well in that blog it states the first quad core device on AT&T. If the LG is the first quad core device on their network, then the Note 2 will be the second which means after the Nov 2 date. And if AT&T is getting it in Nov, then I believe all the others will too, including Sprint.

I still feel that Sunday Nov 11th is the day.

TS

I agree, NOV 11

Samsung Galaxy Note II with Sprint 4G LTE Available Oct. 25 for 299.99

It's pricey. But not enough to deter me. I think I'm in.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I am also curious as to what the off-contract price will be. I hate it that it doesn't support svdo but neither does my gnex so I think I may end up with this and just sell the gnex.

With this being only 9 days away, does anyone think there will be a pre order?

Maybe they'll do the "buy a $50 gift card in store and that will hold one for you"

With this being only 9 days away, does anyone think there will be a pre order?

Maybe they'll do the "buy a $50 gift card in store and that will hold one for you"

I agree, there is really no point in a pre order at this point.

Sent via CleanROM DE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hi, new to the forum and Sprint Galaxy Note II is going to be my first smartphone (I have a good amount of knowledge of them though, having worked with Android coding before... but now I'm getting off topic).

I was reading about this new data, and the $299.99 doesn't deter me as I've been waiting a long time and willing to pay it for a good device which fits my needs and this would appear to be the best option.

However, I just read about the lack of SVDO. As a first time user, I don't have a lot of experience with actual use, but I think I can see this issue becoming massively annoying. I intend to take calls on this over bluetooth - freeing up the device and S-Pen for in call use. Am I correct in understanding that, until LTE hits New Britain/Hartford/Eastern CT where I school/work/live/etc, I'm not going to be able to use EVDO data on this device at all during a call? If so that's a major bummer, but my next question would be if I can still be connected to Wifi on this device while taking a call?

I'm getting it to supplement in class work at my college, have access to unlimited streaming music and (more eventually on LTE / when EVDO handles it) video etc, streaming off my own servers so I'm able to control the bitrates on the fly if bandwidth is an issue. Lacking SVDO would seem to not hit my main reason for sticking with Sprint (locking into unlimited data with an LTE device for when that becomes full blown).

I guess the question is, given what I've stated, and that SVDO doesn't appear to be possible on this device (instead we wait for SVLTE)... is this a big issue for most or not?

Also, I really hope they make the 32GB model available at launch for 349.99 because even with microSD, I'd like a decent amount of storage internally. I was really hoping they'd hit the 16GB/32GB at 249.99/299.99 respectively, but I highly doubt that now.

EDIT: I saw the post over in this thread: http://s4gru.com/ind...ng-except-svdo/ Which details that you can use Wifi at the same time on the call (makes sense, just wanted confirmation).

So I guess then my only question is, how badly has a lack of SVDO bothered people in the past, and does it deter them from this phone (despite knowing that we'll have SVLTE eventually)?

Edited by PTLCT

I agree. High price + lower consumer demand = I can walk in and buy one without trouble on day one as long as their supplies are decent.

I am somewhat annoyed that a 16GB iPhone 5 can hit the market at $199.99 and have a higher unlocked price than this, yet this costs $100 more. They should drop it to, at a minimum, $249.99 and the GSIII to $149.99 minimum to promote competition. I know it's a premium device, but making people pay more for something that costs less on contract implies we aren't worth the same amount of subsidy...

I know they're kinda kitschy, but, you know those Flip Covers for the GS3? I want a N2 and one of those. Real bad.

I like those covers a lot, but I think there's two problems: Drop protection is minimal except direct damage to the screen, and you're going to have to remove the whole thing to get it into a car mount - even with something like an iBolt car mount, which will work with an Otterbox case on the device, you'd still have the flap in the way. And if it's one of the official samsung cases, then you're actually removing the full back cover to do this. I'd like to avoid swapping those covers - no matter how strong the plastic is, I worry about wearing out the tabs that it clicks in with if forced to constantly swap the flip for the original back cover.

I don't know what case I'll use as I haven't seen one yet that fits me, and I think for certain occasions I'd like to have one of those official covers (or even the knockoff version with a stand to it)... but for every day use, I'd really like something like a N2 version of the S3 Casemate POP case.

Edited by PTLCT

Confirmed no pre-order

http://community.spr.../message/487884

I just called my Corp store, they have no details about this at all. Prolly do reservations, but not sure.

EDIT: I saw the post over in this thread: http://s4gru.com/ind...ng-except-svdo/ Which details that you can use Wifi at the same time on the call (makes sense, just wanted confirmation).

So I guess then my only question is, how badly has a lack of SVDO bothered people in the past, and does it deter them from this phone (despite knowing that we'll have SVLTE eventually)?

Basically if you have been with sprint, then you already know its something that wasn't really possible to begin with. So there isn't much sense in complaining about something you never really had in the first place. If you are coming from tmobile/att then you will probably end up missing it. As for me personally, since my evo lte has this feature, it would be difficult for me to go to a phone that does not support this feature. Even though I live in an lte market, I spend the majority of my time in non lte areas as well as not being able to connect to wifi when I am in the field so having data and voice at the same time over 3g allows me to be exponentially more productive.

• Like 1

Debating between the Marble White and Titanium grey. I've never had color choices when buying a new phone. Does anyone have experience with either color on other devices?

Does one seem to show less smudge/finger prints than the other?

I'm leaning towards the grey.

I was worried about the lack of SVDO, but living in the chicago area they are building out our LTE and it can do SVLTE. So, I think I will probably get this.

I got my wife a Galaxy S3 this weekend (and took her S2 as an upgrade to my S1 while I wait) and its pretty sweet. Very very light. But I want the massive screen and capabilities of the Note 2.

• Like 1

My iPhone4-wielding friends already make fun of my EVO LTE for being a "pocket tablet". I can't WAIT to get the Note 2, whip it out and say, in my best TF2 Heavy Weapons Guy impersonation, "YOU ARE SO SMALL! Is funny to me! HA HA HA"

While the sprint community forums say no pre-order,but according to phonescoop, he claims a leak about pre-orders in about 2 days. Also that there won't be a 64GB for the USA, but the guy didn't ask the Samsung rep about the 32GB. aarrgghh :mad:

Now whether this pans out to be true is anyones guess.

Sources: phonescoop

Mention of Sprint being first with Note 2

Pre-ordering reference

No 64

TS

Debating between the Marble White and Titanium grey. I've never had color choices when buying a new phone. Does anyone have experience with either color on other devices?

Does one seem to show less smudge/finger prints than the other?

I'm leaning towards the grey.

Lot's of cracking reported on the white Note I. I will go for grey.

• Like 1

I like those covers a lot, but I think there's two problems: Drop protection is minimal except direct damage to the screen, and you're going to have to remove the whole thing to get it into a car mount - even with something like an iBolt car mount, which will work with an Otterbox case on the device, you'd still have the flap in the way. And if it's one of the official samsung cases, then you're actually removing the full back cover to do this. I'd like to avoid swapping those covers - no matter how strong the plastic is, I worry about wearing out the tabs that it clicks in with if forced to constantly swap the flip for the original back cover.

I don't know what case I'll use as I haven't seen one yet that fits me, and I think for certain occasions I'd like to have one of those official covers (or even the knockoff version with a stand to it)... but for every day use, I'd really like something like a N2 version of the S3 Casemate POP case.

I use one of those sticky gel (clingo) carmounts and have the flap hang at the bottom when mounting. Works great for those with the flip case plus you don't have to worry about clamping/unclamping and if it loses adhesion you just run it through water to clean

I use one of those sticky gel (clingo) carmounts and have the flap hang at the bottom when mounting. Works great for those with the flip case plus you don't have to worry about clamping/unclamping and if it loses adhesion you just run it through water to clean

John, your freaking sig totally tripped me out!!

• Like 1