Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I too will likely pay full retail price for this when it comes out. I just need to scrounge up another seminar to teach.

Robert

Ditto to that. Thankfully Samsung planned the launch around the same time our company preps for annual inventory, which amounts to some great OT hours for me. I think they knew somehow..

• Like 1

Now that its official :

One part says "International voice and data capable with GSM/UMTS/CDMA networks." Does that sound like more than what a Galaxy S3 has?

Near the bottom they say "By the end of 2013, Sprint expects to have largely completed the nationwide build out of its all-new 3G and 4G network, a program known as Network Vision. The project also includes significant improvement in customers’ 3G network experience, including expanded coverage, improved network reliability, better voice quality, and faster 3G data speeds. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE rollout, visit www.sprint.com/4GLTE."

I don't see it happening that fast. Largely completed gives a lot of wiggle room I guess.

Like I mentioned in another thread, Sprint is working toward having every market launched before the end of 2013. However, it will not be 100% complete with all sites until later in 2014.

Robert

Like I mentioned in another thread, Sprint is working toward having every market launched before the end of 2013. However, it will not be 100% complete with all sites until later in 2014.

Robert

I edited my post while you were replying sorry about that. I know it says 2013 but I swear I read 2012. My bad. Just hopping I Guess.

Edited by DaQue

Yes, I believe LG and HTC are making or planning on making phones that big.

Samsung, LG, and HTC making phones that big???

AJ

• Like 2

I too will likely pay full retail price for this when it comes out. I just need to scrounge up another seminar to teach.

Robert

If the reviews are generally positive for sprints version, this gs3 is gonna be on ebay/craigslist! Id like to see a solid day of heavy usage with that 3100 sized battery

Any guesses on full retail price? UsCell has priced theres at 299 w/ contract. I think the original note was 550 or 650 full retail. Im wondering if the cdma variant could hit or exceed 700. Ugh.

• Like 1

If the reviews are generally positive for sprints version' date=' this gs3 is gonna be on ebay/craigslist! Id like to see a solid day of heavy usage with that 3100 sized battery

Any guesses on full retail price? UsCell has priced theres at 299 w/ contract. I think the original note was 550 or 650 full retail. Im wondering if the cdma variant could hit or exceed 700. Ugh.[/quote']

I also fear this could be a $700+ cash price monster.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I also fear this could be a $700+ cash price monster.

I read that it will be $800

Man, $800?! Thats nuts lol.

I was interested in the Galaxy Note 2, maybe even as a secondary line on T-Mobile. But even at $700 unsubsidized, let alone $800, I am out. That is outrageous for a handset that will be long in the tooth and almost certainly be replaced with an updated model within a year. Samsung is going to have to look long and hard at this "phablet" business model; otherwise, the business model is going to fail. The inexpensive 7" tablet market is going to kill it. To illustrate, for basically $400 total, I already have an EVO LTE and a Nexus 7, which -- dare, I say -- is a better combo than this jack of all trades, master of none "phablet." Really, the only advantage the "phablet" provides is a single package. And the cellular connectivity in the "phablet" is definitely not worth an extra $500 over the Nexus 7, especially when I can Wi-Fi tether the Nexus 7 to the EVO LTE if needed. Nope, no sale.

AJ

• Like 4

Man' date=' 800?! Thats nuts lol.[/quote']

The gs3 retail is 549 and sprint proports to give a 350 discount to make the price 199. Unless they decide a contracted note gets more than 350 in contract discounts, we could worst case scenario look forward to a 299 contract price (like us cell) and add 350 to that, making it 650 or so

The gs3 retail is 549 and sprint proports to give a 350 discount to make the price 199. Unless they decide a contracted note gets more than 350 in contract discounts' date=' we could worst case scenario look forward to a 299 contract price (like us cell) and add 350 to that, making it 650 or so[/quote']

I think I can swing $650. I even have someone willing to give me their upgrade if I give them my GS3. I might be willing to do that.

• Like 1

Now to see how much i can get outta this white 16gb gently loved gs3.......

The last time i actually paid for a phone was the og epic. Got it for about $229, sold it a year later for $185 and picked up a gs2 for $149..... sold the gs2 a year later for $225 and picked up this gs3 for $150 plus a $50 best buy phone freedom coupon. I can stomach $200 -$300 out of pocket for a note2!

I agree with AJ. Samsung really needs to look at that market and not go overboard.

As for the $800 price, that is coming from converting the £546 British Sterling pound price to US Dollars = $883

Source link here

Now mind you, that is overseas and one of the first carriers over there to offer the device so naturally a markup may be involved. The same thing happened here in the states with the S3 and Note 10.1 being sold over at Negri Electronics. both were jacked up right off the gate. Since then, the price has gone down.

I am hoping it would be in the 650-700 range (or lower) and not more. I like getting devices every year and I have 2. One for each year contract. But I would like to start scaling back on just having one and looked forward to buying the device outright so I won't be tied down to a contract for two years. (Especially the way they spit out devices every few months that make the the previous ones obsolete).

TS

I think I can swing $650. I even have someone willing to give me their upgrade if I give them my GS3. I might be willing to do that.

Now to see how much i can get outta this white 16gb gently loved gs3.......

The last time i actually paid for a phone was the og epic. Got it for about $229, sold it a year later for $185 and picked up a gs2 for $149..... sold the gs2 a year later for $225 and picked up this gs3 for $150 plus a $50 best buy phone freedom coupon. I can stomach $200 -$300 out of pocket for a note2!

I was thinking the same thing. I thought $650 originally. I think thats about as high as I will go. Its all setup on the fact that I can sell off this GS3 when the times comes also.

An upgrade would be a nice trade off also~

The problem is that most likely the SIM card will not be removable meaning you will be forced to deal with Sprint's outrageous international rates abroad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I hope that's not the case as it would be stupid and sorta defeats one of the purposes of a SIM card. Either way I'm still getting it though! :lol:

I hope that's not the case as it would be stupid and sorta defeats one of the purposes of a SIM card. Either way I'm still getting it though! :lol:

Yeah, I don't go out of the country enough to care about the SIM card. I have an old Touch Pro 2 I can bring with me if I need to. So far every LTE phone released by Sprint has had non-removable SIM's. The Photon Q being the newest one with a non-removable one. Supposedly it has something to do with LTE which is why it isn't removable, but I think that is just a bunch of spin so people won't be mad at them. There is almost no LTE in other countries, so there is no point for that SIM to be in there in other countries. This is purely a money move for Sprint.

What ticks me off is that I think it was a little disingenuous of Samsung to release the Galaxy S3 with a dual-core processor in it spouting LTE issues, and then essentially 3-4 months later release the Note 2 with a quad-core processor in it. I would have held off on my upgrade had I known that was in the works.

Now I am faced with a choice of selling my S3 for hopefully $350-400 and paying another $200-300 out of pocket for an off-contract Note 2, or just keep my S3 for another 1 1/2 years until I can upgrade.

Yeah, I don't go out of the country enough to care about the SIM card. I have an old Touch Pro 2 I can bring with me if I need to. So far every LTE phone released by Sprint has had non-removable SIM's. The Photon Q being the newest one with a non-removable one. Supposedly it has something to do with LTE which is why it isn't removable, but I think that is just a bunch of spin so people won't be mad at them. There is almost no LTE in other countries, so there is no point for that SIM to be in there in other countries. This is purely a money move for Sprint.

What ticks me off is that I think it was a little disingenuous of Samsung to release the Galaxy S3 with a dual-core processor in it spouting LTE issues, and then essentially 3-4 months later release the Note 2 with a quad-core processor in it. I would have held off on my upgrade had I known that was in the works.

Now I am faced with a choice of selling my S3 for hopefully $350-400 and paying another $200-300 out of pocket for an off-contract Note 2, or just keep my S3 for another 1 1/2 years until I can upgrade.

I'm in the same boat. But I always thought that the Quad Core/LTE problem was going to be short lived.

Robert

Already planning it. But I'll be in Hawaii on Nov 11, so I would have to wait till i get back after Thanksgiving.

According to this article it can be Oct or Nov. I say Oct 21 to go along with the AT&T/T-Mobile deployment or Nov 11.

edit: If set for Oct 21 then I'll get it, if Nov 11, then i'll get it later.

TS