Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

17 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Is the site you're looking for close to Kirkland Marina or the intersection of 405 and 85th? There are two mini macro sites within range of SE03XC353. 

I already identified the one near the 405 (eNBs: B6BCD, B6BD1, and B6BD2).

I am looking at the one near the marina, which I think is eNBs: B6BC9, B6BCA, and B6BCC. I am certain B6BCA is there and the other two seem to radiate out from there as well. I think it is on top of the Portsmith Condominiums near the Marina. 

5 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I am looking at the one near the marina, which I think is eNBs: B6BC9, B6BCA, and B6BCC. I am certain B6BCA is there and the other two seem to radiate out from there as well. I think it is on top of the Portsmith Condominiums near the Marina. 

You are correct. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Saw a 5 carrier B41 on the 520 by UW. Also, have noticed B12 showing up on my phone as Sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Yes the site at the Mountlake exit off 520 broadcasts 5 L2500 carriers. Many sites in the area do nowadays.

The B12 is T-Mobile/AT&T roaming. If it's displaying as Sprint, it's T-Mobile roaming and it's unlimited and unthrottled. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Finally! Spotted a Samsung 64x Massive-MIMO panel in the wild. The tower at the Lynnwood intersection of the 5 and the 405 (by the Target) has one on the top rack pointing down the 405 corridor.
Is it new?

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

I believe so, it wasn't there a month or so ago when I was up in Lynnwood.

Glad to see upgrades still happening. Is there any 5G from Sprint in the seattle area yet?

29 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Finally! Spotted a Samsung 64x Massive-MIMO panel in the wild. The tower at the Lynnwood intersection of the 5 and the 405 (by the Target) has one on the top rack pointing down the 405 corridor.

Yup, it's been there for a few months. There are a few more by the Microsoft campus in Redmond and quite a few in Tacoma. I also recall seeing 3-4 in downtown Seattle. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Yup, it's been there for a few months. There are a few more by the Microsoft campus in Redmond and quite a few in Tacoma. I also recall seeing 3-4 in downtown Seattle. 

Oh and the cell tower in Monroe also has M-MIMO equipment.

Oh and the cell tower in Monroe also has M-MIMO equipment.

Freaking Monroe..wtf!?

Kirkland, Bothell, and Woodinville don't have Massive MIMO. Hell, even Duvall doesn't have it but Monroe does.

Also the aforementioned tower has 3 Samsung Massive-MIMO panels, as expected: one pointing down I-5 towards Seattle, one pointing up I-5 towards Everett, and one pointing down I-405 towards Bothell. I was surprised how much smaller they are than the older panels right next to it.

As an aside, I went on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail over the holidays. Wow are the eNBs different there. Up here, outside of MM/SC cells, each tower has a single eNB for all bands. In Kentucky, it seems like each band on each tower has its own eNB (meaning tri-band towers have three eNBs). Even worse, for B41 the Cells look like MM/SC. Made it really hard to map very many towers.

a6834ce00c6f089e3963d659acf65f13.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Freaking Monroe..wtf!?

Kirkland, Bothell, and Woodinville don't have Massive MIMO. Hell, even Duvall doesn't have it but Monroe does.

It's all about demand. The 405/I-5 site has Massive MIMO because it serves Alderwood mall.

Apparently Sprint has a lot of customers in Monroe. I drive out on 2 quite often and always noticed that site in Monroe was a bit congested. 

I was surprised how much smaller they are than the older panels right next to it.

They're quite a bit smaller than the KMW 16-port triband antennas (the ones in your picture) and a lot smaller than the Commscope 8-port dualband antennas. 

As an aside, I went on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail over the holidays. Wow are the eNBs different there. Up here, outside of MM/SC cells, each tower has a single eNB for all bands. In Kentucky, it seems like each band on each tower has its own eNB (meaning tri-band towers have three eNBs). Even worse, for B41 the Cells look like MM/SC. Made it really hard to map very many towers.

Yes - I'm out in Louisville, KY now and I've noticed that. It makes any type of tracking very hard. 

a6834ce00c6f089e3963d659acf65f13.jpg

I spy Commscope split-sector AT&T panels on the bottom left. Do you know if Verizon has installed a rack on that tower yet? They permitted to do so a little while back. 

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Yes - I'm out in Louisville, KY now and I've noticed that. It makes any type of tracking very hard. 

I spy Commscope split-sector AT&T panels on the bottom left. Do you know if Verizon has installed a rack on that tower yet? They permitted to do so a little while back. 

I do not, the shown antenna are the only ones on the tower. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, RAvirani said:

You are correct. 

FYI Sprint just applied to upgrade the Portsmith Condos location from B41 MM/SC to I assume Tri-Band (as discussed). Unfortunately, no attached PDFs this time:

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/BNR20-00353/Kirkland

34 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

FYI Sprint just applied to upgrade the Portsmith Condos location from B41 MM/SC to I assume Tri-Band (as discussed). Unfortunately, no attached PDFs this time:

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/BNR20-00353/Kirkland

That is actually the permit to do the physical upgrade.  The original planning permit was filed in 2018 and was finally approved this month.  Here is the link: https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/WIR18-00056/Kirkland.

Hopefully they will get that site upgraded soon.  That area could really use a coverage boost.

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

That is actually the permit to do the physical upgrade.  The original planning permit was filed in 2018 and was finally approved this month.  Here is the link: https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/WIR18-00056/Kirkland.

Hopefully they will get that site upgraded soon.  That area could really use a coverage boost.

You aren't kidding, I frequent Flat Stick in downtown a lot and other than right by the door, there is ZERO service. Additionally, up the hill to the north into Norkirk by Kirkland Jr. High and onto the Forbes Creek area are pretty much total dead zones. The only major ones I have encountered which aren't covered by any roaming either.  

Edit: It looks like they are getting started on the 11250 Kirkland Way site as well: 

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/ENR20-00296/Kirkland

Edit 2: I just noticed that Clearwire/Sprint used to have a tower up by Kirkland Jr high. That tower would have definitely improved service to that area if they had converted to triband. As stated, that region is BY FAR the biggest dead zone in the area. 

4 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Edit: It looks like they are getting started on the 11250 Kirkland Way site as well: 

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/ENR20-00296/Kirkland

Nice!

4 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Edit 2: I just noticed that Clearwire/Sprint used to have a tower up by Kirkland Jr high. That tower would have definitely improved service to that area if they had converted to triband. As stated, that region is BY FAR the biggest dead zone in the area. 

Yes. I have no idea why they chose to decommission that site. It would fill a massive dead spot were it still online.

AT&T has a site in that park's parking lot (at roughly 47.6908142, -122.1973845) which provides stellar coverage in the area. 

22 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

What is the conversion total like in your area? 

Clearwire Towers still exist but they are rare (mainly random B2 or B4 sightings). 

Almost all = Clearwire locations have been converted over to Nokia MM/SC clusters, though some have been upgraded to Tri-band towers. I assume the Clearwire sightings are from full-towers which also have legacy Clearwire equipment. Recently, some of the Nokia MM/SC clusters are starting to be upgraded to Tri-Band. 

• Like 1

Clearwire Towers still exist but they are rare (mainly random B2 or B4 sightings). 
Almost all = Clearwire locations have been converted over to Nokia MM/SC clusters, though some have been upgraded to Tri-band towers. I assume the Clearwire sightings are from full-towers which also have legacy Clearwire equipment. Recently, some of the Nokia MM/SC clusters are starting to be upgraded to Tri-Band. 
Orlando is a mess. The good part is 5mhz of b26 and 15mhz of b25.

Band 41 equipment is all over the place. Nokia, Ericsson and maybe 10% are Clearwire equipment. Then maybe 5% massive mimo antennas.
Get that clear equipment out.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

B2/B4 that appears as Clear LTE is T-Mobile roaming. 

On 1/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

Almost all = Clearwire locations have been converted over to Nokia MM/SC clusters, though some have been upgraded to Tri-band towers. 

All Clear sites in Washington are either Nokia MM or triband. Sprint was mandated by the government to replace all Huawei equipment some years back. Any sites that were not converted were decommissioned. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...