Jump to content
drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bob Newhart said:

New band 26 sites aren't set to full power right away.

Yes—sometimes not even for a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else around Seattle/North Seattle been dropping connections more often within the past couple weeks? I've lost connection multiple times on 405 near Bothell, in Kenmore, Lynnwood, Shoreline. Trying to figure out if it is me or something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JThorson said:

Has anyone else around Seattle/North Seattle been dropping connections more often within the past couple weeks? I've lost connection multiple times on 405 near Bothell, in Kenmore, Lynnwood, Shoreline. Trying to figure out if it is me or something else.

What do you mean by dropping connections?

I'll be back in that area in about a week. I can let you know what I find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

What do you mean by dropping connections?

I'll be back in that area in about a week. I can let you know what I find. 

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. I've been losing data connection on a consistent basis in the surrounding areas; I'll have good B25 or B41 connection then nothing, I don't even get ehrpd. I have Signal Check setup to alert me every time I lose data connection and it has been happening more frequently. I would check myself but don't really have the know-how . Does that make some sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JThorson said:

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. I've been losing data connection on a consistent basis in the surrounding areas; I'll have good B25 or B41 connection then nothing, I don't even get ehrpd. I have Signal Check setup to alert me every time I lose data connection and it has been happening more frequently. I would check myself but don't really have the know-how . Does that make some sense?

Interesting. I've never experienced that before but I'll let you know when I'm back. 

What device do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

Interesting. I've never experienced that before but I'll let you know when I'm back. 

What device do you have?

I've got the S9+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found my first two M-MIMO sites in the area: SE03XC104 (located by Wild Waves in Federal Way) and SE03XC278. They are both broadcasting five L2500 carriers. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did some upgrades to at least one of the towers in Woodinville and my d/l speed just clocked in at 186Mbps. Additionally, I am seeing a good amount of B26 LTE out off Avondale Rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

They did some upgrades to at least one of the towers in Woodinville and my d/l speed just clocked in at 186Mbps. Additionally, I am seeing a good amount of B26 LTE out off Avondale Rd. 

Which site in Woodinville? Are you referring to the one by the town center (by the AMC, Target, etc)?

Yes, all of the towers along Avondale are triband-enabled barring one Clear site. Backhaul has also been upgraded on all of those sites. 

There is a new site in planning on Avondale between NE 116th Street and NE Novelty Hill Road. Fingers crossed that site gets built!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Which site in Woodinville? Are you referring to the one by the town center (by the AMC, Target, etc)?

Yes, all of the towers along Avondale are triband-enabled barring one Clear site. Backhaul has also been upgraded on all of those sites. 

There is a new site in planning on Avondale between NE 116th Street and NE Novelty Hill Road. Fingers crossed that site gets built!

The one over off NE N Woodinville Way right next to Metier Brewing (the CDMA location says 14125 NE 189th St, Woodinville). I believe the tower is triband based on the logs (I see B25, B26, and B41 from it) though usually I am on B41. 

800MHz LTE is really ideal for that area based on the relative low-density of the area. 

 

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That site (SE03XC157) is triband enabled. It was upgraded last year.

I suspect the speed increases you're seeing aren't because of any upgrades to that particular site. Rather, the site in the Check Ride Driver Training Services parking lot (SE52XC053) was upgraded from legacy Clear equipment to triband recently. That has taken a lot of load off of surrounding sites and improved coverage greatly in Town Center area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another M-MIMO site: SE03XC055. We might need to setup a map/spreadsheet to start logging these soon. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, RAvirani said:

Found another M-MIMO site: SE03XC055. We might need to setup a map/spreadsheet to start logging these soon. 

How do these show up in Signal Check? Can you tell that a site is MMIMO? Where is this site located?

 

Also, I just hit over 200MBps from SE03XC157. Things are flowing very smoothly in this part of Woodinville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

How do these show up in Signal Check? Can you tell that a site is MMIMO?

Not currently by signal.  Possible with site notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VoLTE live throughout Bellevue and Seattle this morning. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VoLTE just went live in Woodinville about 5 min ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

VoLTE just went live in Woodinville about 5 min ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
 

Just checked, is also up in Bothell and Kingsgate. So I get this section got turned on around noon. 

Edited by PedroDaGr8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Just checked, is also up in Bothell and Kingsgate. So I get this section got turned on around noon. 

Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Issaquah, Renton and Woodinville are live too. The launch is market-wide. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it's live on the Olympic Peninsula too, if there was any doubt.  :)

Robert

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that Sprint REALLY loves MM and MM/SC type cells in this area, often grouping them in three's.  For example, Evergreen Hospital in Totem Lake has three B41MM to supplement the 3G/B25 tower nearby. 

At this point, I have identified three clusters of three MM cells and  am trying to track down what I think is one more cluster possibly located at what was previously a Clearwire B41 LTE/WiMax site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Seems that Sprint REALLY loves MM and MM/SC type cells in this area, often grouping them in three's.  For example, Evergreen Hospital in Totem Lake has three B41MM to supplement the 3G/B25 tower nearby. 

Sprint doesn't love MM/SC setups, they were just the cheapest way to replace Huawei Clear equipment per government order. 

That particular site was a Clear equipment swapout. It is scheduled to get triband this year, I believe. 

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

At this point, I have identified three clusters of three MM cells and  am trying to track down what I think is one more cluster possibly located at what was previously a Clearwire B41 LTE/WiMax site. 

Any MM clusters in the area are from former Clear sites. We do not have any MM on NV setups in this area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Sprint doesn't love MM/SC setups, they were just the cheapest way to replace Huawei Clear equipment per government order. 

That particular site was a Clear equipment swapout. It is scheduled to get triband this year, I believe. 

Any MM clusters in the area are from former Clear sites. We do not have any MM on NV setups in this area. 

That makes sense, I said "loves" strictly because I have encountered so many of them near me. I didn't know about the Huawei aspect of things. They are very well located normally, providing coverage for weak spots from the "main" tower. 

 As for Evergreen, that would make sense, it's a high location in what has become a VERY busy area. I am guessing that is why the tower over on the Motel 6 nearby has not been upgraded.

Also, that is good to know about all of the MM clusters. That combined with this permit makes me think that I am correct on the location. The only thing I need to determine if all three eNB are at the same site.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

That makes sense, I said "loves" strictly because I have encountered so many of them near me. I didn't know about the Huawei aspect of things. 

Yes, Sprint was required by the US government to decommission all Huawei equipment due to security concerns. 

28 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

As for Evergreen, that would make sense, it's a high location in what has become a VERY busy area. I am guessing that is why the tower over on the Motel 6 nearby has not been upgraded.

Sprint has historically had issues with the property owner of that Motel 6. It was one of the last sites upgraded to LTE, and it will probably be one of the last sites upgraded to triband. 

28 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Also, that is good to know about all of the MM clusters. That combined with this permit makes me think that I am correct on the location. The only thing I need to determine if all three eNB are at the same site.

That permit is for the Clear site by Kirkland marina. There is a mini-macro setup on the roof of Evergreen Hospital by Totem Lake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Yes, Sprint was required by the US government to decommission all Huawei equipment due to security concerns. 

Sprint has historically had issues with the property owner of that Motel 6. It was one of the last sites upgraded to LTE, and it will probably be one of the last sites upgraded to triband. 

That permit is for the Clear site by Kirkland marina. There is a mini-macro setup on the roof of Evergreen Hospital by Totem Lake. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear, the Evergreen Hospital MM setup I already located a while ago. The eNBs for those were: B6BD7, B6BD9, B6BDB.

I meant for the cluster of MM which I can't locate in Kirkland. Just like Totem Lake and the John Muir school, there are three MM nearby with their eNB separated by 2 digits and one reports as an MM/SC. As expected, SE03XC353 tends to overwhelm them in most normal areas, making location more difficult. It seems that their job is to fill in the "shadows" for SE03XC353. My guess is all three are located at the aforementioned Clear site in Kirkland, but I am not 100% certain on that yet. I will drive around to see if I can collect better data on CellMapper.

As an aside, it seems like it is common in a cluster of three for one of them to report as an MM/SC on SignalCheck. Even the one I found which had the last eNB off by one, instead of two, still had one of them as an MM/SC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I meant for the cluster of MM which I can't locate in Kirkland. Just like Totem Lake and the John Muir school, there are three MM nearby with their eNB separated by 2 digits and one reports as an MM/SC. As expected, SE03XC353 tends to overwhelm them in most normal areas, making location more difficult. It seems that their job is to fill in the "shadows" for SE03XC353. My guess is all three are located at the aforementioned Clear site in Kirkland, but I am not 100% certain on that yet. I will drive around to see if I can collect better data on CellMapper.

Is the site you're looking for close to Kirkland Marina or the intersection of 405 and 85th? There are two mini macro sites within range of SE03XC353. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

    • By lilotimz
      Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

      Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 
       
      Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

      A close look at a Samsung setup





      Next Generation Samsung Configuration
      RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

      Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 
      4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

      (source: dkyeager)

      (source: dkyeager)
      Narrow beam setup

      High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).
      Second antenna is PCS only for now.


      Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

      Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ




      Close up of standard antenna connectors 

      Samsung Cabinets

       
       
      Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint
      *disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*
      *Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*
    • By pyroscott
      Sprint Nextel revealed their second quarter 2012 corporate earnings in a conference call to their investors today and S4GRU was covering for news on Network Vision.
      Network thinning of the iDEN network is complete, taking 1/3 of Nextel towers off air. The Nextel network was built to support 20 million subscribers, but was only supporting 4.4 million subscribers, so it could easily be thinned without [much] noticeable change in street coverage. Sprint also converted 60% of the Nextel subscriber loss into their Sprint subscriber base. Interestingly, they stated that Verizon has been the biggest poacher of subscribers leaving Nextel, grabbing 50% of former subscribers in the last 4 1/2 years. In that same timeframe, Sprint has grabbed 25%, AT&T 20% and T-Mobile 5%.
       
       
      On the Network Vision topic:
      4 additional cities will launch, including Baltimore, by the end of August.*Edit* Cities were disclosed VIA press release following the conference call. They are:
      Baltimore, MD Gainesville, GA Manhattan/Junction City, KS Sherman-Denison, TX  
      Over 2,000 sites are currently online with 12,000 sites to be online by the end of the year
      Network Vision towers are seeing 10-20% additional voice minutes usage per tower, overnight after activating Network Vision. This will equal roaming savings for Sprint, and ESMR will only increase that savings.
      CEO Dan Hesse confirmed that Sprint will be releasing the Motorola Photon Q "in the very near future." It will be a QWERTY slider "with robust business and consumer features." It will also be sporting world phone capability.
      Several hundred Network Vision sites are waiting for backhaul, and will turn on when the backhaul is installed, several hundred more sites have birds nesting on them and Sprint won't be able to turn them on until the birds leave, according to the conference call.
      Sprint sold 1.5 million iPhones during the quarter, even though other carriers saw slowing of sales with rumors ramping up that the new iPhone would support LTE. 40% of the iPhone sales were to new customers. They also stated that iPhone customers require less customer support and are expected to churn less than customers on other phones.
      Mr. Hesse confirmed that Sprint is not looking to change plans in the near future.
      Things are looking up for Sprint. This quarter saw their highest ARPU and their lowest churn rate to date. They posted a larger loss than Q1, but beat their revenue goals for Q2. For more detailed financial information, check the source link below.
       
      Source: http://investors.spr...spx?iid=4057219
      http://finance.yahoo...-141200985.html -Thanks to S4GRU sponsor marioc21 for finding this link!
    • By lilotimz
      Here are the Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) Network Vision equipment for Sprint. Their equipment consists of 2x base stations, 6 or 9 Remote Radio Unit (RRU) setups, and 1 standard NV antenna of with connectors on the bottom (4x PCS, 2x SMR). 

      Below are images of Alcatel-Lucent equipment. In these images, you will find Alcatel-Lucent base stations, Sprint Network Vision antennas, PCS 1900 & SMR 800 RRUs, and their configurations.
      Alcatel-Lucent 4x40w 25 MHz PCS 1900 B25 RRUs (Panasonic) [old]

      Alcatel-Lucent  4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU 

      ALU 2x50w B26 800 MHz RRU [KMW Communications]

      Older Panasonic Setup [4x40w 25 MHz B25]




      Standard Alcatel-Lucent Setup 
      Utilizes 2x50w 800 MHz B26 RRU and 4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU and compatible antennas. 



      Closer Look at the connectors on the bottom of the antennas

      Special Case Mexican IBEZ Setup
      Note the lack of 800 MHz RRUs though the antennas are capable of 800 MHz. 


      High Capacity Setup


      High Capacity no SMR 800 IBEZ setup


      * Credits go to those whom took the images of these equipment. You know who you are."
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!
       
      Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.
       
      Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?
       
      Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
  • Posts

    • That would involve another lengthy merger proposal with the FCC and DOJ.   Another 2 years wasted.   A possible new administration...  IDK.... don't like that idea.    Who's going to teach them  how to run a network?   (LOL)... please don't say ....    
    • A solution to what exactly?  anti-competitive?  Well when it is to buy or not to buy, the only answer is not to buy. I guess the judge is considering Dish's prospective. Will they get the job done.  I think, with deadlines so near, and them owning spectrum for so long, we have to look at intent.  So far, with the lack of building anything, that shows pretty solid intent right there.  As soon as the carriers get spectrum, they toss that stuff up on towers asap. Look how much has been deployed for B66, B71, B14. Look how much 5G is already deployed.  Dish, in the last year before deadlines annouced 1, maybe 1.5billion for an IoT network.    I was actually kinda thinking about this. Dish needs to be willing to buy Sprint's entire network. Sprint essentially stays as is, minus spectrum licenses and postpaid customers. 
    • I was just in Boulder yesterday. It works and also more than that works. You have 4xca interband active there too. 25/b41+b41+b41 is active. Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk
    • By the way, although I have VoLTE turned on, It doesn't actually work yet. I'm in Boulder county Colorado which I think has VoLTE activated. 
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...