drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

7 minutes ago, Bob Newhart said:

New band 26 sites aren't set to full power right away.

Yes—sometimes not even for a few months. 

Has anyone else around Seattle/North Seattle been dropping connections more often within the past couple weeks? I've lost connection multiple times on 405 near Bothell, in Kenmore, Lynnwood, Shoreline. Trying to figure out if it is me or something else.

9 minutes ago, JThorson said:

Has anyone else around Seattle/North Seattle been dropping connections more often within the past couple weeks? I've lost connection multiple times on 405 near Bothell, in Kenmore, Lynnwood, Shoreline. Trying to figure out if it is me or something else.

What do you mean by dropping connections?

I'll be back in that area in about a week. I can let you know what I find. 

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

What do you mean by dropping connections?

I'll be back in that area in about a week. I can let you know what I find. 

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. I've been losing data connection on a consistent basis in the surrounding areas; I'll have good B25 or B41 connection then nothing, I don't even get ehrpd. I have Signal Check setup to alert me every time I lose data connection and it has been happening more frequently. I would check myself but don't really have the know-how . Does that make some sense?

15 minutes ago, JThorson said:

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. I've been losing data connection on a consistent basis in the surrounding areas; I'll have good B25 or B41 connection then nothing, I don't even get ehrpd. I have Signal Check setup to alert me every time I lose data connection and it has been happening more frequently. I would check myself but don't really have the know-how . Does that make some sense?

Interesting. I've never experienced that before but I'll let you know when I'm back. 

What device do you have?

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

Interesting. I've never experienced that before but I'll let you know when I'm back. 

What device do you have?

I've got the S9+

Found my first two M-MIMO sites in the area: SE03XC104 (located by Wild Waves in Federal Way) and SE03XC278. They are both broadcasting five L2500 carriers. 

• Like 4

They did some upgrades to at least one of the towers in Woodinville and my d/l speed just clocked in at 186Mbps. Additionally, I am seeing a good amount of B26 LTE out off Avondale Rd. 

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

They did some upgrades to at least one of the towers in Woodinville and my d/l speed just clocked in at 186Mbps. Additionally, I am seeing a good amount of B26 LTE out off Avondale Rd. 

Which site in Woodinville? Are you referring to the one by the town center (by the AMC, Target, etc)?

Yes, all of the towers along Avondale are triband-enabled barring one Clear site. Backhaul has also been upgraded on all of those sites. 

There is a new site in planning on Avondale between NE 116th Street and NE Novelty Hill Road. Fingers crossed that site gets built!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Which site in Woodinville? Are you referring to the one by the town center (by the AMC, Target, etc)?

Yes, all of the towers along Avondale are triband-enabled barring one Clear site. Backhaul has also been upgraded on all of those sites. 

There is a new site in planning on Avondale between NE 116th Street and NE Novelty Hill Road. Fingers crossed that site gets built!

The one over off NE N Woodinville Way right next to Metier Brewing (the CDMA location says 14125 NE 189th St, Woodinville). I believe the tower is triband based on the logs (I see B25, B26, and B41 from it) though usually I am on B41. 

800MHz LTE is really ideal for that area based on the relative low-density of the area. 

Edited by PedroDaGr8

That site (SE03XC157) is triband enabled. It was upgraded last year.

I suspect the speed increases you're seeing aren't because of any upgrades to that particular site. Rather, the site in the Check Ride Driver Training Services parking lot (SE52XC053) was upgraded from legacy Clear equipment to triband recently. That has taken a lot of load off of surrounding sites and improved coverage greatly in Town Center area. 

• Like 1

Found another M-MIMO site: SE03XC055. We might need to setup a map/spreadsheet to start logging these soon. 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, RAvirani said:

Found another M-MIMO site: SE03XC055. We might need to setup a map/spreadsheet to start logging these soon. 

How do these show up in Signal Check? Can you tell that a site is MMIMO? Where is this site located?

Also, I just hit over 200MBps from SE03XC157. Things are flowing very smoothly in this part of Woodinville. 

8 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

How do these show up in Signal Check? Can you tell that a site is MMIMO?

Not currently by signal.  Possible with site notes.

VoLTE live throughout Bellevue and Seattle this morning. 

• Like 6

VoLTE just went live in Woodinville about 5 min ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

VoLTE just went live in Woodinville about 5 min ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Just checked, is also up in Bothell and Kingsgate. So I get this section got turned on around noon. 

Edited by PedroDaGr8
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Just checked, is also up in Bothell and Kingsgate. So I get this section got turned on around noon. 

Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Issaquah, Renton and Woodinville are live too. The launch is market-wide. 

• Like 3

And it's live on the Olympic Peninsula too, if there was any doubt.  :)

Robert

• Like 3

Seems that Sprint REALLY loves MM and MM/SC type cells in this area, often grouping them in three's.  For example, Evergreen Hospital in Totem Lake has three B41MM to supplement the 3G/B25 tower nearby. 

At this point, I have identified three clusters of three MM cells and  am trying to track down what I think is one more cluster possibly located at what was previously a Clearwire B41 LTE/WiMax site. 

Seems that Sprint REALLY loves MM and MM/SC type cells in this area, often grouping them in three's.  For example, Evergreen Hospital in Totem Lake has three B41MM to supplement the 3G/B25 tower nearby. 

Sprint doesn't love MM/SC setups, they were just the cheapest way to replace Huawei Clear equipment per government order. 

That particular site was a Clear equipment swapout. It is scheduled to get triband this year, I believe. 

At this point, I have identified three clusters of three MM cells and  am trying to track down what I think is one more cluster possibly located at what was previously a Clearwire B41 LTE/WiMax site. 

Any MM clusters in the area are from former Clear sites. We do not have any MM on NV setups in this area. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Sprint doesn't love MM/SC setups, they were just the cheapest way to replace Huawei Clear equipment per government order. 

That particular site was a Clear equipment swapout. It is scheduled to get triband this year, I believe. 

Any MM clusters in the area are from former Clear sites. We do not have any MM on NV setups in this area. 

That makes sense, I said "loves" strictly because I have encountered so many of them near me. I didn't know about the Huawei aspect of things. They are very well located normally, providing coverage for weak spots from the "main" tower. 

As for Evergreen, that would make sense, it's a high location in what has become a VERY busy area. I am guessing that is why the tower over on the Motel 6 nearby has not been upgraded.

Also, that is good to know about all of the MM clusters. That combined with this permit makes me think that I am correct on the location. The only thing I need to determine if all three eNB are at the same site.

28 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

That makes sense, I said "loves" strictly because I have encountered so many of them near me. I didn't know about the Huawei aspect of things. 

Yes, Sprint was required by the US government to decommission all Huawei equipment due to security concerns. 

As for Evergreen, that would make sense, it's a high location in what has become a VERY busy area. I am guessing that is why the tower over on the Motel 6 nearby has not been upgraded.

Sprint has historically had issues with the property owner of that Motel 6. It was one of the last sites upgraded to LTE, and it will probably be one of the last sites upgraded to triband. 

Also, that is good to know about all of the MM clusters. That combined with this permit makes me think that I am correct on the location. The only thing I need to determine if all three eNB are at the same site.

That permit is for the Clear site by Kirkland marina. There is a mini-macro setup on the roof of Evergreen Hospital by Totem Lake. 

19 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Yes, Sprint was required by the US government to decommission all Huawei equipment due to security concerns. 

Sprint has historically had issues with the property owner of that Motel 6. It was one of the last sites upgraded to LTE, and it will probably be one of the last sites upgraded to triband. 

That permit is for the Clear site by Kirkland marina. There is a mini-macro setup on the roof of Evergreen Hospital by Totem Lake. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear, the Evergreen Hospital MM setup I already located a while ago. The eNBs for those were: B6BD7, B6BD9, B6BDB.

I meant for the cluster of MM which I can't locate in Kirkland. Just like Totem Lake and the John Muir school, there are three MM nearby with their eNB separated by 2 digits and one reports as an MM/SC. As expected, SE03XC353 tends to overwhelm them in most normal areas, making location more difficult. It seems that their job is to fill in the "shadows" for SE03XC353. My guess is all three are located at the aforementioned Clear site in Kirkland, but I am not 100% certain on that yet. I will drive around to see if I can collect better data on CellMapper.

As an aside, it seems like it is common in a cluster of three for one of them to report as an MM/SC on SignalCheck. Even the one I found which had the last eNB off by one, instead of two, still had one of them as an MM/SC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I meant for the cluster of MM which I can't locate in Kirkland. Just like Totem Lake and the John Muir school, there are three MM nearby with their eNB separated by 2 digits and one reports as an MM/SC. As expected, SE03XC353 tends to overwhelm them in most normal areas, making location more difficult. It seems that their job is to fill in the "shadows" for SE03XC353. My guess is all three are located at the aforementioned Clear site in Kirkland, but I am not 100% certain on that yet. I will drive around to see if I can collect better data on CellMapper.

Is the site you're looking for close to Kirkland Marina or the intersection of 405 and 85th? There are two mini macro sites within range of SE03XC353.