Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

13 minutes ago, oversight said:

Totem lake, by QFC. 

Interesting as Sprint has a site on the Motel 6 right there...

13 minutes ago, oversight said:

Mill Creek along Bothell Everett highway towards Canyon Park. Downtown Bothell. 

That’s also interesting considering Sprint covers 527 with LTE pretty well...

Handoff and roaming parameters/thresholds are probably still be worked out. Good thing T-Mobile roaming counts as on-network usage. 

Other than the stretch on Bothell Everett hwy, most only last for a few moments. The roaming by QFC was on 124th, right at the QFC. I was sitting at the light this morning and noticed the phone was roaming on b66. I think I was back on Sprint by the time I hit the freeway. Just interesting seeing these things happening that I haven't noticed previously.

That’s also interesting considering Sprint covers 527 with LTE pretty well...
Handoff and roaming parameters/thresholds are probably still be worked out. Good thing T-Mobile roaming counts as on-network usage. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, oversight said:

B26 is working in Bellevue now. I can actually use my phone in the deep recesses of my building's parking garage.

In downtown? 

L800 is only live on the site at the Key Bank building on 4th street.

We’re still waiting on the site on the Apptio building, the site covering the north side of Bellevue Square as well as all five Clear sites downtown. 

In downtown? 
L800 is only live on the site at the Key Bank building on 4th street.
We’re still waiting on the site on the Apptio building, the site covering the north side of Bellevue Square as well as all five Clear sites downtown. 
I work in the Civica building in Bellevue (the tower above Seastar), the same block as the Key Bank building.

1 hour ago, oversight said:

I work in the Civica building in Bellevue (the tower above Seastar), the same block as the Key Bank building.

Makes sense. How is L800 holding up performance-wise? There aren’t many other cases of 3x3 LTE deployed in big cities...

Makes sense. How is L800 holding up performance-wise? There aren’t many other cases of 3x3 LTE deployed in big cities...
Works a helluva lot better than it did a few weeks ago when they first turned it on. My phone connected to it and wouldn't let go. I couldn't do a damn thing online unless I switched to WiFi.

I spend most of the day on 25 or 41, but when it does switch to b26 the connection is definitely usable.

11 minutes ago, oversight said:

Works a helluva lot better than it did a few weeks ago when they first turned it on. My phone connected to it and wouldn't let go. I couldn't do a damn thing online unless I switched to WiFi.

I spend most of the day on 25 or 41, but when it does switch to b26 the connection is definitely usable.

That sounds about right. The site is probably fully optimized and integrated now.

What signal level is L800 at when L1900 drops? I’m curious if they’re optimizing L8000 for coverage or capacity in busy areas...

47 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

That sounds about right. The site is probably fully optimized and integrated now.

What signal level is L800 at when L1900 drops? I’m curious if they’re optimizing L8000 for coverage or capacity in busy areas...

It can take several months to fully optimize B26 LTE 800.  Same with 1x800.

5 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

It can take several months to fully optimize B26 LTE 800.  Same with 1x800.

Initial 800 optimization following our deployment here is usually completed within 2-3 weeks of 800 going live. I haven’t seen any sites altered since initial optimization *yet*. 

• Like 1

This is from four levels down in the Civica garage. 25a5054198013e6168a7b1e9c7b283a6.jpg

4 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Initial 800 optimization following our deployment here is usually completed within 2-3 weeks of 800 going live. I haven’t seen any sites altered since initial optimization *yet*. 

We have had some re-optimization occur when new infill sites have come online down here in Mason, Thurston and Kitsap Counties.

Robert