Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I'm not positive if this is Sprint or not but looks like someone is either adding equipment or doing a complete upgrade.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/11607798931/1/f_97395355733

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/11607798931/1/f_97390935279

When I try to open these, they say that I cannot perform this function.  I signed into my Box account and still get the same error.

Robert

When I try to open these, they say that I cannot perform this function.  I signed into my Box account and still get the same error.

Robert

Oops, sorry about that. Try the link above now and let me know.

Oops, sorry about that. Try the link above now and let me know.

OK, that works.  However, there is no Sprint or Clearwire site there at 44th & 228th in Montlake Terrace.  And looking at the Google Maps, this site has been there awhile.  I believe it to be an AT&T site getting upgraded based on plotting from Cellmapper:  https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=410&type=LTE&latitude=47.789777561785705&longitude=-122.29688450028685&zoom=15&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=FirstSeen&showHex=true&bands=0,2,4,12,13,17&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false

According to Cellmapper, it was only broadcasting B17 there.  So they are likely getting additional bands now.

Robert

OK, that works.  However, there is no Sprint or Clearwire site there at 44th & 228th in Montlake Terrace.  And looking at the Google Maps, this site has been there awhile.  I believe it to be an AT&T site getting upgraded based on plotting from Cellmapper:  https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=410&type=LTE&latitude=47.789777561785705&longitude=-122.29688450028685&zoom=15&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=FirstSeen&showHex=true&bands=0,2,4,12,13,17&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false

According to Cellmapper, it was only broadcasting B17 there.  So they are likely getting additional bands now.

Robert

Well darn... :td: 

• 3 weeks later...

Kenmore has really good coverage b41 in the indoors

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Yea B41 is awesome in general around the puffer sound area. Up in Kirkland/Bellevue/Redmond I get B41 in areas VZW users see 1x or "No Service".

• Like 3

Yea B41 is awesome in general around the puffer sound area. Up in Kirkland/Bellevue/Redmond I get B41 in areas VZW users see 1x or "No Service".

I was at downtown bothel. Inside a bar, I had very strong b41 and my cousin had only 1x on Verizon. And we were deep inside the bar too ????
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Any independent confirmation from any of you on these type of speeds on b41 (over 170Mbps) to prove 3xCA? https://twitter.com/Sprint4PacNW

• Like 1

Lol, I don't remember the last time I saw b41 in Kirkland.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that for I am rarely not on B41 in Kirkland. Where around Kirkland do you do most of your usage?

Yes, in the Portland thread.

I can not find it. Link?  Thanks

Funny you should say that for I am rarely not on B41 in Kirkland. Where around Kirkland do you do most of your usage?

Mostly between Juanita and Willows, the length of 124th. I used to get b41 fairly regularly around my apartment, but not for a long time.

Mostly between Juanita and Willows, the length of 124th. I used to get b41 fairly regularly around my apartment, but not for a long time.

I've never had issues on 124th east of 405 but I can't speak for west of 405...

• 5 months later...

This what I'm afraid they'll do in Seattle. All 3x3, and only south facing sectors. Fortunately, most of Western Washington has ubiquitous B41 now. Hopefully B26 will only be used in far from site and deep interior building conditions.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I can confirm that B26 will be 3x3 in Seattle. Canada is primary and were secondary in this region so there’s a good chance 5x5 will never be turned up.

I moved our conversation here to keep the Michigan thread on topic...

I can confirm that B26 will be 3x3 in Seattle. Canada is primary and were secondary in this region so there’s a good chance 5x5 will never be turned up.

Yes, I'm on the same page as you that it will be 3x3.  My main wondering is if the 3x3 will end up being turned on south facing sectors only.  We've seen some of that in the Great Lakes.  IMHO, if they are south facing only, might as well do 5x5.  Also, I wonder where the 3x3 to 5x5 transition will be...King County/Pierce County line?  Pierce County/Thurston County line?  Thurston/Lewis county line?

I'm thinking it will be the Thurston/Lewis county line between Olympia and Chehalis.  But I fear it will be the Cowlitz and Lewis county lines between Chehalis and Kelso.  But I would prefer it be as far north as possible.  It would be nice to get the South Sound on 5x5. 

At this point for me, I'm waiting to port back to Sprint from Tmo when B26 starts deployment.  But this new 5 lines for $90 promo and 2for1 leasing on the S8, S8+ or MotoZ2 Force sure is tempting to get me back sooner.  I'm just dying for B26 to start deploying!!!

Robert

• Like 2

...My main wondering is if the 3x3 will end up being turned on south facing sectors only.  We've seen some of that in the Great Lakes...

That no longer seems to be true in Ohio.  A of a couple of weeks ago we observed that Sprint quietly has extended the 3x3 coverage beyond b25 in many cases and certainly has all sectors working at most sites.  The power given to the sectors pointed towards Canada is much harder to measure.

Does Seattle now have 1x800?  That alone would be a major improvement to dramatically reduce dropped calls.

• Like 1

That no longer seems to be true in Ohio. A of a couple of weeks ago we observed that Sprint quietly has extended the 3x3 coverage beyond b25 in many cases and certainly has all sectors working at most sites. The power given to the sectors pointed towards Canada is much harder to measure.

Does Seattle now have 1x800? That alone would be a major improvement to dramatically reduce dropped calls.

I believe Sprint hold footprint has 1x800. It's possible to have that but, not B26.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I believe Sprint hold footprint has 1x800. It's possible to have that but, not B26.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That wasn't the question... and no I do not believe that 1x800 has been deployed in the Seattle market yet, as the equipment has to be replaced or new equipment added to give sites 800 capabilities. Robert can confirm, but I don't think equipment changes have begun yet.

• Like 1

That wasn't the question... and no I do not believe that 1x800 has been deployed in the Seattle market yet, as the equipment has to be replaced or new equipment added to give sites 800 capabilities. Robert can confirm, but I don't think equipment changes have begun yet.

I can confirm that equipment changes have not begun yet.

• Like 2

I moved our conversation here to keep the Michigan thread on topic...

Yes, I'm on the same page as you that it will be 3x3. My main wondering is if the 3x3 will end up being turned on south facing sectors only. We've seen some of that in the Great Lakes. IMHO, if they are south facing only, might as well do 5x5. Also, I wonder where the 3x3 to 5x5 transition will be...King County/Pierce County line? Pierce County/Thurston County line? Thurston/Lewis county line?

I'm thinking it will be the Thurston/Lewis county line between Olympia and Chehalis. But I fear it will be the Cowlitz and Lewis county lines between Chehalis and Kelso. But I would prefer it be as far north as possible. It would be nice to get the South Sound on 5x5.

At this point for me, I'm waiting to port back to Sprint from Tmo when B26 starts deployment. But this new 5 lines for $90 promo and 2for1 leasing on the S8, S8+ or MotoZ2 Force sure is tempting to get me back sooner. I'm just dying for B26 to start deploying!!!

Robert

I’m with you in that I agree all south facing sectors should go straight to 5x5 B26.

As far as the line between 5x5 and 3x3 deployment goes, I don’t know for sure. I can reach out to my source at Sprint to see if they’ve got that planned out yet or not...

• Like 2