Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I think the other purple there marks airports not LTE signals

Yes indeed. Apple maps show airport in a purple color pretty similar to Sensorly.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

This is a pic of the tower at the Exit 82 in Centralia. I'm sorry it's not the best pic and the actual radio part is on the other side, but maybe it can help in identifying the tower?

I found out this is not the tower NGeorge was talking about. This is a microwave tower linking the fiber run down I-5 while they're doing construction on the freeway here. I'll try and get over and take a pic of the tower he's talking about soon.

I wonder if the Sprint/ATT/Verizon upgrades in my area are also causing the upgrades of the CenturyLink DSL lines.

After many years, I have been told fibre is replaced the T1s feeding the DSLAMs. Weird... :)

I hope Sprint it this fast , AT&T speed test at Seatac the other day. http://www.speedtest.net/wp/179375.png

Edited by JoeJoeJoe

My mysterious LTE signal has disappeared. I had been seeing this for a week:

uqytymes.jpg

The app was showing an LTE signal, but it wouldn't connect to the LTE network. Then yesterday the signal dropped off greatly and now today I have this:

5uzeby8u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's from my house in Lynnwood. I had been seeing that "phantom" LTE signal from my work in Seattle (First Hill) as well, and now it's gone too.

If you do get a signal again could use sensorly so we can map the lte signal

Well I'm seeing an LTE signal strength, but my phone won't connect to it. It's a " phantom" signal. I am seeing a signal again though, this is from my work on First Hill in Seattle

ame5yzam.jpg

I am using Sensorly so as soon as I can actually connect to the LTE it should map.

I'll try and see if I can get my dad to download sensorly for his iphone 5, he lives in Edmonds and works in Lynnwood.

There's a similar smudge just southwest of SR167/Kent Des Moines Road. It looks grey, not purple, but there it is...

Yeah I see that too. Interesting that it's showing up as gray and not a shade of purple.

Could anyone shed some insight on what that may mean?

Gray means no LTE signal.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That's what I thought, but why is it only those areas that are gray and not the whole map?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm seeing an LTE signal strength, but my phone won't connect to it. It's a " phantom" signal. I am seeing a signal again though, this is from my work on First Hill in Seattle

I am using Sensorly so as soon as I can actually connect to the LTE it should map.

I see the LTE signal of a similar strength of -103 dBm.

Does that mean there is a signal there, just not strong enough to use over EVDO?

Edited by JoeJoeJoe