Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

The race to the finish line.  Which group of sites will go live next, central Seattle or Bellevue?

No telling.  There should be plenty of backhaul available either way, so it shouldn't be long before it's all up and running!

That's good news, I was actually considering yesterday about switching due to all the forced roaming just to send a text (and 60% of the time I had to retry sending it) and all the dropped calls. I guess I'll send back my airave when it gets here. But has anyone picked up a tri-band phone?

I'm getting an S5 on the 11th.  I work down in Pioneer Square near King St. Station, and there are a couple of B41 sites nearby (one being CenturyLink Field).  I'm looking forward to the bandwidth and speeds...  It has been a long time coming!

In yesterdays acceptance report, it looks like Burien had some sites upgraded to 3G/4G that were previously only 4G, and the site on Vashon just south of VCCC was accepted as a 3G site.  There is good progress happening in the area.  Now, when the sites just above the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal and  by the Alki Light House are finished, there should be solid coverage in the waterfront communities all the way from downtown Seattle through Tacoma.

I picked up 4G from the site just south of VCCC this evening on the way home. That was fast!

I live in Chehalis wa and I have a iphone 5 and it gets no LTE service in Chehalis not until I get near Longview......I have checked the maps and coverage but for some reason its not pulling LTE in that area....the only way I can get LTE is using my Wilson Amplifier and then it pulls LTE in some areas.

I live in Chehalis wa and I have a iphone 5 and it gets no LTE service in Chehalis not until I get near Longview......I have checked the maps and coverage but for some reason its not pulling LTE in that area....the only way I can get LTE is using my Wilson Amplifier and then it pulls LTE in some areas.

It depends on which maps you are looking at. With the map that Sprint has, I see only 3G around Chehalis but LTE seems to be surrounding it such as Centralia. I don't think the map Sprint has is entirely accurate. Anyways, if you can spare a few bucks you can become a sponsor of this awesome site and get access to the tower information around Chehalis and anywhere else you are interested about. 

The race to the finish line. Which group of sites will go live next, central Seattle or Bellevue?

It looks like Bellevue gained the most with yesterdays update. Things are moving along quickly.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It looks like Bellevue gained the most with yesterdays update. Things are moving along quickly.

Good to see.  Hoping the site in Clyde Hill and Yarrow Bay come online soon.  

I am kind of surprised it has taken this long for Bellevue to get more updates. But still, I am happy to see it.

• Like 1

Well I just got some lte from Vashon to my home in Burien and I can even send texts and calls now without roaming,

The site just above the Fauntleroy Ferry Dock got a 3G acceptance yesterday. I hope 4G is imminent, as I spend too much time there waiting for boats. There will be plenty of users spending idle time on their mobile devices while waiting for the next boat, so I hope that site in particular gets B41 sooner than later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing a lot of 800MHz 1XRTT popping up in West Washington using Sprints internal system. Some even as far north as Everett. I thought they couldn't build 800MHz that far north? System is showing 12 towers so far with these upgrades.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seeing a lot of 800MHz 1XRTT popping up in West Washington using Sprints internal system. Some even as far north as Everett. I thought they couldn't build 800MHz that far north? System is showing 12 towers so far with these upgrades.

What is "Sprints Internal System?"  You said Everett, which tower?  Has anyone seen their phones connect to 800 MHz?  Great find!

What is "Sprints Internal System?"  You said Everett, which tower?  Has anyone seen their phones connect to 800 MHz?  Great find!

I haven't run across any in southwest Seattle, downtown or Tacoma, but I'll be looking for it. 

Unfortunately the information provided is confidential for work related reasons and for the sake of those paying for premier sponsorship accounts. I can say that so far I haven't connected to any myself and that I'll be travelling to one of these sites to try and connect to it

Unfortunately the information provided is confidential for work related reasons and for the sake of those paying for premier sponsorship accounts. I can say that so far I haven't connected to any myself and that I'll be travelling to one of these sites to try and connect to it

Keep us updated!  Please confirm, this would be great news!

• Like 1

What is "Sprints Internal System?" You said Everett, which tower? Has anyone seen their phones connect to 800 MHz? Great find!

I don't live far from Everett. What is the best app to use to find out what kind of tower I'm connected too?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't live far from Everett. What is the best app to use to find out what kind of tower I'm connected too?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Most people here use Signalcheck Pro. It's worth every penny. I believe it's just a couple bucks. Gives you signal strength in dBm and let's you know when you connect to LTE as well.

• Like 1

I am in the north end of Lake Washington and I haven't seen any yet. I will keep checking. They will be able to build 800 out once the US and Canada come to an agreement. But maybe I am missing something. Maybe Robert knows a little more information regarding this.

I am wondering though, where did you get this information?

Is this real, 800 Mhz signal in the PNW?

I'd like to know within a few days, as I'm just about to switch from Sprint after 8 years this week. This could make me change my mind of course.

While I wish it was real, I highly doubt it is. The information I have seen in the sponsor section hasn't said anything about 800 up here yet. I don't think the government has made a deal with Canada yet.