Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Came home this evening and happened to glance at my phone and notice the 4GLTE icon on my Note 3.  The icon has been steady all night, with the signal hovering around -90.  I think the site at Juanita Beach finally had the 4G switch flipped. My old S3 is also showing the 4GLTE indicator.  

I also happen to have an S4 Tri-Band here with me as well and it isn't seeing LTE at all. 

Question...

Can a device pick up two different sites at the same time? One for 1xRTT and another for LTE?

• Like 2

Came home this evening and happened to glance at my phone and notice the 4GLTE icon on my Note 3.  The icon has been steady all night, with the signal hovering around -90.  I think the site at Juanita Beach finally had the 4G switch flipped. My old S3 is also showing the 4GLTE indicator.  

I also happen to have an S4 Tri-Band here with me as well and it isn't seeing LTE at all. 

Question...

Can a device pick up two different sites at the same time? One for 1xRTT and another for LTE?

I'm not sure with the tri-phone.  With my EVO LTE, one radio can be connected to a 1XRTT signal (even a different tower), while the LTE radio is also connected.  Check out the SignalCheck app, the app will show you signal information.

You have a tri band phone, so I don't know. It might fall under the eCSFB

Check this article for more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

• Like 1

Wow, nice!

It is a flat city so it should work well for the whole area.

T-Mobile also enabled LTE in downtown Enumclaw, their service is pretty good down there.

AT&T haven't got LTE yet, VZW has.

AT&T is the last to the Enumclaw LTE party?  Nice!

Robert

Wow, nice!

It is a flat city so it should work well for the whole area.

T-Mobile also enabled LTE in downtown Enumclaw, their service is pretty good down there.

AT&T haven't got LTE yet, VZW has.

Mapped the coverage with Sensorly today on my way to and from work. Someone else must have drove down McHugh Ave/SE 432nd St because i didn't :tu: I also stopped by my PO Box in Buckley while mapping and you can see faint LTE reception. Made it a point to also run some speed tests while mapping. Next up is driving east out of the Scratch to see how far on SR410 the signal extends.

• Like 1

Did some more Sensorly mapping today around Enumclaw. Very good speeds along 410 especially in front of the ranger station. LTE Signal drops out right after the Enumclaw Golf Course.

I thought I would never say it but Good Job Sprint!

I need to get a triband phone because I suspect TD2500 probably works out here too. I always had great speeds with my WiMax modem off of the same tower.

Did some more Sensorly mapping today around Enumclaw. Very good speeds along 410 especially in front of the ranger station. LTE Signal drops out right after the Enumclaw Golf Course.

I need to get a triband phone because I suspect TD2500 probably works out here too. I always had great speeds with my WiMax modem off of the same tower.

You're suspicions may or may not be right but we know exactly what status that clearwire tower is in with our premier sponsor info. 

*hint hint get a triband & upgrade to premier sponsor so you can see exactly which clearwire tower has TDD-LTE live and their locations*

• Like 1

I drove through there today too.

Even though I have a triband Nexus5, can't use it yet. I know they have wimax/clear in town there.

You're suspicions may or may not be right but we know exactly what status that clearwire tower is in with our premier sponsor info.

*hint hint get a triband & upgrade to premier sponsor so you can see exactly which clearwire tower has TDD-LTE live and their locations*

And I'm working on a Band 41 LTE update this weekend of existing WiMax towers for Premier Sponsors.

;)

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I've been unable to send an SMS message all morning (3/24/14), starting at 04:30, and continuing until at least 10:00.  I've traveled from Vashon Island to SeaTac Airport to downtown Seattle.   

Is this just affecting me, or are others affected?  I do hope that this disruption indicates that there's some work going on in the area.

I've been unable to send an SMS message all morning (3/24/14), starting at 04:30, and continuing until at least 10:00.  I've traveled from Vashon Island to SeaTac Airport to downtown Seattle.   

Is this just affecting me, or are others affected?  I do hope that this disruption indicates that there's some work going on in the area.

I have been having that issue the past few days up north, but I am not sure of any work being done at the moment. Today I have had no issues(so far).

I'm not sure with the tri-phone.  With my EVO LTE, one radio can be connected to a 1XRTT signal (even a different tower), while the LTE radio is also connected.  Check out the SignalCheck app, the app will show you signal information.

You have a tri band phone, so I don't know. It might fall under the eCSFB

Check this article for more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

The same site just changed to 4G accepted a few days ago.  I've since rechecked a tri-band device or two and they are all now picking up the LTE signal.  The reason I asked about the different radios picking up different towers is the signal strength shows varies widely between 1x and LTE.

The same site just changed to 4G accepted a few days ago.  I've since rechecked a tri-band device or two and they are all now picking up the LTE signal.  The reason I asked about the different radios picking up different towers is the signal strength shows varies widely between 1x and LTE.

Yes, very common to have full bars, but have spotty LTE coverage.  This is normally due to being very close to a tower not supporting 4G, but the 4G radio is still obtaining some signal from a tower further away.  Always check SignalCheck to obtain the correct LTE "bars." Good to hear a tower was turned on!  Your problems should reduce as more towers are lit up.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this tower or towers https://www.dropbox.com/s/itc87ojj9krqmf9/2014-03-26%2007.47.12.png and where it's at?

I've been roaming since December and well it's annoying but I've also gotten this error message: lte: esm-65535.

Just wanna know if I'm going to get anything decent at my house.

Lots of progress in the Seattle area lately.  Looking at the maps, it looks like only a few clusters or red dots remain (Bellevue and central/south Seattle). Hopefully those will be taken care of soon, then the rest of the red and purple markers will start flipping to yellow.

I am looking forward to that as well. Up north the few towers I use are still just 3G. Every time Robert updates the sites and maps I hold my breath hoping they have been accepted for lte but not yet.  <_<

The site closest to me was just accepted a few weeks ago, then flipped to 3G/4G a week or so later. It's all good to see after seeing so little activity for so long.  Just a shame they can't do 800 here.  

• Like 1

The site closest to me was just accepted a few weeks ago, then flipped to 3G/4G a week or so later. It's all good to see after seeing so little activity for so long.  Just a shame they can't do 800 here.  

Well they will do 800 eventually but it will be a few years, but I feel your pain. At least we can still get hd voice over 1900, that's something...  :cry:

Thanks Canada! always ruining things for us....  :lol:

• Like 1

Any word about Vashon?

Vashon has three towers currently broadcasting b25 LTE, but they're all towards the south (one up by the sports field just above Granny's Attic, and one on the south end of Vashon and another on the south end of Maury.  The site at Pt. Robinson is still 3G.  The tall site you can see from the road just south of the Vashon Community Care Center has no announced Network Vision upgrades, however it appears that some recent work has been done on that site, as the 3G signal has become very strong near it and there are now three levels of antenna on it (the middle row of antenna appear to be new). 

West Seattle is lagging, but we'll have better service both at Fauntleroy and along the entire route of the water taxi when the build-out there happens, looking at existing tower placements.

There are maps in the sponsors area that can clarify this explanation.

• Like 1

Well they will do 800 eventually but it will be a few years, but I feel your pain. At least we can still get hd voice over 1900, that's something...  :cry:

Thanks Canada! always ruining things for us....  :lol:

Yeah, I know 800 will come eventually after the bureaucrats kiss and play nice with each other.

Not too much pain for me at the moment.  My device seems to keep the 4G indicator most places I travel on a day to day basis. Though it would be nice if the site at Yarrow Bay would wake up.  I know it's broadcasting a super weak b41 signal that tri-band devices pick up, while single band devices stay on 3G.

• Like 1

Vashon has three towers currently broadcasting b25 LTE, but they're all towards the south (one up by the sports field just above Granny's Attic, and one on the south end of Vashon and another on the south end of Maury.  The site at Pt. Robinson is still 3G.  The tall site you can see from the road just south of the Vashon Community Care Center has no announced Network Vision upgrades, however it appears that some recent work has been done on that site, as the 3G signal has become very strong near it and there are now three levels of antenna on it (the middle row of antenna appear to be new). 

West Seattle is lagging, but we'll have better service both at Fauntleroy and along the entire route of the water taxi when the build-out there happens, looking at existing tower placements.

There are maps in the sponsors area that can clarify this explanation.

Well I just got some lte from Vashon to my home in Burien and I can even send texts and calls now without roaming,

Well I just got some lte from Vashon to my home in Burien and I can even send texts and calls now without roaming,

In yesterdays acceptance report, it looks like Burien had some sites upgraded to 3G/4G that were previously only 4G, and the site on Vashon just south of VCCC was accepted as a 3G site.  There is good progress happening in the area.  Now, when the sites just above the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal and  by the Alki Light House are finished, there should be solid coverage in the waterfront communities all the way from downtown Seattle through Tacoma.

That's good news, I was actually considering yesterday about switching due to all the forced roaming just to send a text (and 60% of the time I had to retry sending it) and all the dropped calls. I guess I'll send back my airave when it gets here. But has anyone picked up a tri-band phone?