Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

It seems to only be the one tower. I drove around some last night with the Sensory app running and lost connection whenever I got too far away from Kentridge. I first noticed 4g on my phone last Thursday and it has worked mostly at night and turns off in the morning, although it is still on as I type this and don't remember having a connection this late before.

Sprint just announced more markets

Bremerton/Silverdale, WA are included but no Seattle, Tacoma or any other puget sound area yet

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2495

They probably have more completed or close to completed sites compared to Seattle or Tacoma. It seems they get all the rural areas are being pushed out before the more urban areas; and there has to be either lease contracts or something. But it is coming and soon we wont have to here about people with At&t or Verizon talk about their lte, but complain how they don't have unlimited data.

Edited by tommy24
  • Like 1

So we can confirm that the tower in the middle marked "2" is an LTE tower.. after rush hour, correct?

Can't confirm that it's on LTE 24/7 but it was definitely running some speedy LTE as I sat outside it last night at 2AM doing some speed tests.

That site is right across from a high school at the top of a hilly area. As you leave the area and head downhill, the signal degrades pretty quickly until it's gone at the bottom of the hill. The map of the area on Sensorly is pretty much the signal strength I was getting.

• Like 1

I wonder what other towers are being worked on I hope they light up nv and lte up soon in federal way because my service has been horrible since the beginning of november and everytime I call they say my tower has intermittent service.

So we can confirm that the tower in the middle marked "2" is an LTE tower.. after rush hour, correct?

I thought number represent how many upgrade there are at the tower..

for example, 2 could mean 2 data speed upgrade, or (1 data upgrade, 1 data speed upgrade), etc

I thought number represent how many upgrade there are at the tower..

for example, 2 could mean 2 data speed upgrade, or (1 data upgrade, 1 data speed upgrade), etc

What's interesting is that the site lists data capacity and voice capacity upgrades. No data speed upgrades.

What's interesting is that the site lists data capacity and voice capacity upgrades. No data speed upgrades.

That's not unusual. If the backhaul upgrade was completed over six months ago, it will not show up.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yep this is exciting... I've found 3 sites with the NV equipment installed so far in Centralia (this is the easiest to spot--it's the silver monopole next to the freeway by exit 82, top set of panels), Vader and West Olympia -- the new panels, RRH's and ground cabinets are in, but no LTE to the phone.

Nat

Yep this is exciting... I've found 3 sites with the NV equipment installed so far in Centralia (this is the easiest to spot--it's the silver monopole next to the freeway by exit 82, top set of panels), Vader and West Olympia -- the new panels, RRH's and ground cabinets are in, but no LTE to the phone.

Nat

If you can send or post the pictures, I can add these as In Progress. Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

In the south sound we never officially got WIMAX but in Olympia I used to get varying signals in parts of Olympia, Tumwater & Lacey. I did a phone upgrade to a Galaxy S3 a few months back and am anxiously waiting on LTE. Have been seeing eHRPD through a lot of the Olympia area & am hoping this is a sign that LTE will be here 'soon'.

• Like 1