Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

The previous tower I posted I confirmed today is a new nv site for sprint. Also here are the pictures of the site 2 roads down from me and the outside cabinets are new they were not there the last time I visited the site.

e5e7upeq.jpg

esamyga6.jpg

regery3u.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The previous tower I posted I confirmed today is a new nv site for sprint. Also here are the pictures of the site 2 roads down from me and the outside cabinets are new they were not there the last time I visited the site.

e5e7upeq.jpg

esamyga6.jpg

regery3u.jpg

Seems like there's a lot more there than I've seen from other NV site pics. I wonder what's different.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

e5e7upeq.jpg

esamyga6.jpg

regery3u.jpg

I do not see Network Vision panels or RRU's in these pics. The top rack looks like AT&T to me. Because what would be legacy panels on that rack also have an RRU attached. So that cannot be Sprint.

Robert

<br /><br />I do not see Network Vision panels or RRU's in these pics. The top rack looks like AT&T to me. Because what would be legacy panels on that rack also have an RRU attached. So that cannot be Sprint.<br /><br />Robert
<br />I posted a couple of pictures after those to show that this site is a sprint site. I checked on the network.sprint.com site, the cdma field test, and mapped the base station with Google maps. So your telling me nothing on that tower or on the ground looks sprint Edited by JuAnM269

Its nice all you Knoxville people can start getting rid of your dial up (kidding!), but I am more concerned with Nashville. Any updates? I live outside murfreesboro in Walter hill and got lte 3 days in a row for about 1/2 mile on Jefferson pke but that's all I have seen. None in Nashville where I work around Belmont. Yes I work on top of the hill at the building with the huge tower if you know Nashville.

<br />I posted a couple of pictures after those to show that this site is a sprint site. I checked on the network.sprint.com site, the cdma field test, and mapped the base station with Google maps. So your telling me nothing on that tower or on the ground looks sprint

You are misunderstanding me. I said that I do not see Network Vision improvements. This site has not been converted yet. This is my point.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Its nice all you Knoxville people can start getting rid of your dial up (kidding!), but I am more concerned with Nashville. Any updates? I live outside murfreesboro in Walter hill and got lte 3 days in a row for about 1/2 mile on Jefferson pke but that's all I have seen. None in Nashville where I work around Belmont. Yes I work on top of the hill at the building with the huge tower if you know Nashville.

There is a site In Progress in Murfreesboro. The Nashville market is under deployment. More sites will go live in the area every week.

You are misunderstanding me. I said that I do not see Network Vision improvements. This site has not been converted yet. This is my point.

Ok I understand now. What about those Grey cabinets behind that black barrel? Those are new I've never seen them before

I cannot tell by the photos with certainty. However, new cabinets can show up more than 6 months in advance.

The antennas on the shaft of the tower look exactly like one I have seen in the Chicago area that is confirmed sprint. The tower went from legacy to NV without antenna replacements.

The tower is similar to that one, all the usual places were full.

It did not get 800 service.

Sent from my EVO LTE

There is a site In Progress in Murfreesboro. The Nashville market is under deployment. More sites will go live in the area every week.

Where I picked up the lte ( same place for a couple days) I nowhere near the site shown on the map.

Still looking in Nashville. Anyone we can talk to about leasing some of our tower? I will pm you with further details.

I've also noticed in the last 2 days 3g is randomly dropping out and coming back and so is my signal in Knoxville. I'll go from full service to no bars and back and not be moving. I'm not sure if that's a sign of them working on the towers around here or if Knoxville is just having problems

Can anyone else confirm this? This happens to me several times a day. Not sure if its the network or just my phone.

Can anyone else confirm this? This happens to me several times a day. Not sure if its the network or just my phone.

The same thing happened in Nashville in areas they were working on towers

The only thing that happened to me was I was able to get over 2mbps at home for about a month and now I am back to .5mbps

Where I picked up the lte ( same place for a couple days) I nowhere near the site shown on the map.

Still looking in Nashville. Anyone we can talk to about leasing some of our tower? I will pm you with further details.

If you grab the Sensorly app from the Play Store you can see where LTE sites are active (or at least were active at one point). Nashville is still pretty sparse but if you feel like doing a bit of driving around town you could find the active sites and check em out.

I'm going to rant real quick here in this thread followed by a quick question for those in the know.

Rant: It is more than a little irritating to see US Cellular unveiling their LTE in Knoxville, and more specifically, Maryville, before Sprint. I've got grandmothers rolling on LTE with their new smartphones while I'm sitting with my GS3 just hoping to get a 3G signal good enough to do any kind internet activity.

Question: Speaking of Maryville. The title of this thread mentions Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Tri-Cities. I am assuming Maryville is also considered part of this market too, but it not being mentioned has me a little worried. Can someone talk me off the ledge and let me know Maryville will be getting Sprint LTE as a part of this market?

Thanks everyone. Love the site.

Question: Speaking of Maryville. The title of this thread mentions Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Tri-Cities. I am assuming Maryville is also considered part of this market too, but it not being mentioned has me a little worried. Can someone talk me off the ledge and let me know Maryville will be getting Sprint LTE as a part of this market?

I'd say you're probably safe:

gallery_1_5_221233.jpg

Source: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/142-sprint-market-map-nashville/

Edited by Longstride

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's accidently hit submit before I wrote anything.. Won't let me edit, kept saying "quote error" or something like that..

But to answer your question:

Yeah, it's part of the Nashville market... So, please back from the ledge. Lol!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2