Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Please do not start a new thread for an exceedingly local concern. Now, moderator action is required to merge this sensibly into the Knoxville market thread.

But as an edit, I guess we are going to have some fun with this conversation first...

AJ

I can appreciate that.  But when you do not provide any photos or links, your constructive audience is 99 percent limited to locals with direct experience.  That is doubly why this belongs in the local market thread.

AJ

• Like 1

them huge towers are just that, huge towers  :lol:  :D  :P

They are the towers of Barad-dûr and Orthanc.

AJ

• Like 5

Please do not start a new thread for an exceedingly local concern. Now, moderator action is required to merge this sensibly into the Knoxville market thread.

But as an edit, I guess we are going to have some fun with this conversation first...

AJ

What did we miss? I'm lost

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Anyone have any inside information, or ideas on when the NV upgrades will be completed here in the Knoxville area?

I'm still on 3G and honestly haven't seen any improvement when I run speedtests. Well, unless I'm sitting at that Weigels on Middlebrook and North Gallaher View.  :)

Anyone have any inside information, or ideas on when the NV upgrades will be completed here in the Knoxville area?

I'm still on 3G and honestly haven't seen any improvement when I run speedtests. Well, unless I'm sitting at that Weigels on Middlebrook and North Gallaher View.  

You should get a phone that connects to LTE, and stop running speed tests. All the world's problems are solved.  ;)

I'm still on 3G and honestly haven't seen any improvement when I run speedtests. Well, unless I'm sitting at that Weigels on Middlebrook and North Gallaher View.   :)

You won't be able to see LTE if your still rolling with the iPhone 4, secondly only LTE has been rolled out in Knoxville, 3G enhancements will come at a later time.  :)

You won't be able to see LTE if your still rolling with the iPhone 4, secondly only LTE has been rolled out in Knoxville, 3G enhancements will come at a later time. :)

From our and other markets, they should get going on the 3G acceptances ASAP because the tri-band devices are no good with 4G and no eCSFB updated towers.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So we got 4G in Athens back in mid Summer at least on one tower and It was the tower I would be connected to at work all day. The data speeds were awesome even at the weaker signal level I was getting indoors. Two weeks ago we lost the 4G. After a week of not being able to connect again I called sprint to see if they would check it out, they said would but also said my area had not been officially launched yet. I called them back yesterday and said the tower still wasn't working and they said every tower in my area would be complete by the end of February and they offered me a $25 discount on my bill for the next two month's which I thought was kind of generous. Anyway after speaking with them yesterday I had 4G once again today. Just thought I would share this experience with others in this market

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to Knoxville/Oak Ridge today from OC. I'm really not ready to trade my beach attire for jackets and gloves as I'm a beach bum.

I will report on my experience and how it compares to OC. From the looks of it, I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to ORAU and Energy Solutions for training and benchmarking.

• Like 1

Heading to Knoxville/Oak Ridge today from OC. I'm really not ready to trade my beach attire for jackets and gloves as I'm a beach bum.

I will report on my experience and how it compares to OC. From the looks of it, I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to ORAU and Energy Solutions for training and benchmarking.

Enjoy your trip to Knoxville/Oak Ridge, Tennessee!  Its a shame your not going in the Spring/Early Summer very beautiful around here when everything doesn't look dead.  I have family in Oak Ridge, you should swing by the Y-12 National Security Complex (bad idea don't do that :lol:) and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory which won't disappoint.  

Enjoy your trip to Knoxville/Oak Ridge, Tennessee! Its a shame your not going in the Spring/Early Summer very beautiful around here when everything doesn't look dead. I have family in Oak Ridge, you should swing by the Y-12 National Security Complex (bad idea don't do that :lol:) and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory which won't disappoint.

Thanks dude. I wish I was staying for longer so I could check out those places as well. I'm just staying for a week and will be kept busy with a few vendors.

I just got back a couple months ago from Idaho National Labs which was really cool to see all the stuff they buried (nuclear powered locomotive). I do pick the worst months to see places btw.

The 4g is awesome in Oak Ridge. I have never once fell back to 3g even when inside buildings.

Btw... It has been snowing almost all day. My training is delayed until 10am tomorrow.

I can tell Oak Ridge is a gorgeous looking town. There are trees everywhere vice the desert like theme of Southern California. I'm surprised how the government doesn't hide things here like uranium enrichment facilities. There is even a top secret tourist route.... Haha! My training is in the Manhattan Project building which I find funny too.

• Like 1

The 4g is awesome in Oak Ridge. I have never once fell back to 3g even when inside buildings.

Btw... It has been snowing almost all day. My training is delayed until 10am tomorrow.

I can tell Oak Ridge is a gorgeous looking town. There are trees everywhere vice the desert like theme of Southern California. I'm surprised how the government doesn't hide things here like uranium enrichment facilities. There is even a top secret tourist route.... Haha! My training is in the Manhattan Project building which I find funny too.

Sounds like Los Alamos. ;)

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds like Los Alamos. ;)

Robert says, "I remember...Los Alamos."

AJ

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this network? Apparently the Knoxville area is finally getting the fallback switch upgrades. Anyone have updates on how that's going?

Yeah, Tri-Band phones are going crazy.

Yeah, Tri-Band phones are going crazy.

I got the M8, my first ever Tri-Band phone. Heck of a time to get it, huh?

It's all jacked up. LTE obviously doesn't connect. But also 3G drops, calls drop, and texts are coming to me hours after they were sent. I'm in Maryville, which I assume is also getting the upgrades currently. I was in Knoxville yesterday and the same behavior was taking place.