Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Here's a screen shot of my phone just now at the Lovel Rd exit

What about near the bojangles. Have you seen it there? Currently I'm using a Galaxy Nexus on PRL 25009 and just seeing CDMA - EvDo rev. A:6. I also see it at Pellissippi hwy/college

What about near the bojangles. Have you seen it there? Currently I'm using a Galaxy Nexus on PRL 25009 and just seeing CDMA - EvDo rev. A:6. I also see it at Pellissippi hwy/college

Is your phone in CDMA/LTE mode? If it is in CDMA Only mode it won't pick up eHRPD

Well, would you look at this. After resetting my profile and prl again, restarting the phone, removing the battery, it finally switched on over to eHRPD:14. Hooray!! Thanks guys! I know this has no impact on speed but still seeing the same 81kbps =(

Edited by nocturnal

• 3 weeks later...

So how does the Nashville Schedule relate to Knoxville? I'm going to assume based on what I seen from the WiMax rollout that Nashville will get priority in the LTE rollout. Apparently work has already begun in Nashville. Will work in Knoxville start soon or wait until Nashville's is completed?

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

From what I've seen so far sprint has been updating towers in Knoxville. In some places they are even building new towers. I good example of this is at Broadway and 640. They just raised a new tower there and near the city police department near summit hill.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If they were smart they would launch some areas by the 12th of this month when us cellular launches their lte. Especially since they are offering unlimited data on lte and Verizon and AT&T just finished their lte launch here.

• Like 1

If they were smart they would launch some areas by the 12th of this month when us cellular launches their lte. Especially since they are offering unlimited data on lte and Verizon and AT&T just finished their lte launch here.

Yeah said something similar to that months ago, that at Sprints current rate of rollout, US Cellular would have LTE coverage here before Sprint. Which would just be sad.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

I drive around West Knoxville a good bit. I don't think I've spotted any towers yet with Sprint LTE equipment or what I think may be LTE. Looked at a few near downtown west today on my way home. If any change, I'll post here.

Deployment will be starting in Knoxville soon. It is a part of the Nashville Sprint market. Sites being deployed on first are not the ones you guys may seem best or most worthy. They deploy on the sites that are first ready for upgrade.

There are a lot of things that are variable in deployment. As when planning, zoning, permitting, backhaul and equipment are all complete at any site. The moment everything is ready on a site, crews run right out and convert it. They could wait for the best sites to get ready and let the less desirable sites in our eyes that are ready just sit there, but that makes no sense since Sprint is converting its entire network and every site.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

So there are live LTE sites in Murfreesboro and Ashland but none in Knoxville? That just doesn't seem right to me.

They are both closer to Nashville then we are. I sometimes think sprint sees Knoxville as a after thought. Almost like they are just here because the other big 3 are here.

Maybe if you would pay your bills, Sprint would be more interested...

Ain't no smoggy smoke on rocky top,

Ain't no telephone bills.

;)

AJ

Maybe if sprint was more competitive in Knoxville they would have more people paying bills. We have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular here all with faster 3g and Lte. And they all advertise alot more here then sprint. With both T-Mobile and US Cellular offering unlimited data please tell me why there's a reason for people to stay with sprint here.

Especially if they launch lte here like they did WiMAX and only cover about a 6 mile strip of west Knoxville and forgot about the rest of Knoxville. You couldn't even get WiMAX in front of the sprint corporate store in West Knoxville.

Maybe if sprint was more competitive in Knoxville they would have more people paying bills. We have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular here all with faster 3g and Lte. And they all advertise alot more here then sprint. With both T-Mobile and US Cellular offering unlimited data please tell me why there's a reason for people to stay with sprint here.

The more important question...is there a reason for you to stay at S4GRU? Our forums are not for you to proclaim the superiority of other carriers in Knoxville. Get on topic, or go somewhere else.

• Like 2

Especially if they launch lte here like they did WiMAX and only cover about a 6 mile strip of west Knoxville and forgot about the rest of Knoxville. You couldn't even get WiMAX in front of the sprint corporate store in West Knoxville.

WiMax was never launched in Knoxville. It is a WiMax Protection Site. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-are-protection-sites/

I'm currently with sprint just replied to the comment about maybe if we paid our bills sprint would pay more attention. I left Us Cellular over a year ago to switch to sprint and have since then moved my family over also. As for the Knoxville never launching WiMAX I know it was never officially launched in Knoxville and that was my point. I can get my EVO 3D back out and drive out to west Knoxville and connect to WiMAX but west Knoxville was as far as it ever made it. I've been to Atlanta and used lte with my 4g lte and can't wait for it to make its way up. I drive for a living back and forth between Knox and Nashville and Knox and battlefield ga. So I'm here to try and help users in this area Knox when and where I find lte sites that are live.

Maybe if sprint was more competitive in Knoxville they would have more people paying bills.

You need to learn to take a joke. You live in Knoxville, but do you even know the lyrics to or significance of "Rocky Top"?

We have AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular here all with faster 3g and Lte.

I would hardly crow about T-Mobile. As of a few years ago, T-Mobile maintained a skeleton presence in Knoxville, operating only license protection sites. That is still true of Omaha today, but I do not know if that is still true of Knoxville.

With both T-Mobile and US Cellular offering unlimited data please tell me why there's a reason for people to stay with sprint here.

Maybe there is no reason to stay with Sprint. I could not care less if you do or do not. Knoxville is not exactly a crucial market, and Sprint is somewhat spectrum constrained. So, Knoxville is not going to receive the priority that more viable markets do.

Regardless, this is not a Sprint complaint board. If you want to complain, you need to take it elsewhere.

AJ