Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

I also was getting 4g while at the movies at turkey creek. It was odd that I had it the entire time I was inside but only off and on outside last night.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I also was getting 4g while at the movies at turkey creek. It was odd that I had it the entire time I was inside but only off and on outside last night.

Interesting, I live right next to Turkey Creek and haven't seen it at all. Maybe I'll drive around and see if I can pick it up.

You didn't map it by sensorly by any chance?

Edited by nocturnal

Interesting, I live right next to Turkey Creek and haven't seen it at all. Maybe I'll drive around and see if I can pick it up.

No I didn't sensorly has been crashing a lot on my htc one but like you the only place I really seen it last night was inside the theater not in the lobby and really spotty just outside the theater. I do know that the tower down by wild wings has had the ruus on it for about two weeks now so not sure if they were testing it or maybe regal has a repeater inside the theaters themselves and that was the reason for the spotty 4g just outside the building.

Updated the map today. Here's some of the notable updates.

Moved up to Pre-Launch status:

* Athens, TN

* Daytona Beach, FL

* Lawton, OK

* Lumberton, NC

* Milford, CT

* Morganton, NC

* Norwalk, CT

* Pinehurst, NC

* Sevierville, TN

* Southern Pines, NC

* Wayne, NJ

LTE now available:

* Denver, Colorado!

* Alice, TX

* Laredo, TX

* Aberdeen, WA

* Madison, WI

Athens, TN finally, but still nothing lit up yet. Riceville had a sector on it's tower lit up for a couple weeks but Riceville and Calhoun were both down last night.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was picking up 4g in Seveirville, TN Tuesday when i was there for a golf tourney. I even picked it up while i was in wilderness hotel room. I got 9.4mbps down and 7.7mbps up in the room!!! Was nice to see that area starting to get 4g.

Looking at Sensorly it appears a tower at Campbell Station was turned on in the last couple days.  Doesn't appear on Roberts reports.  Perhaps it's in his next update.

Mapped out some 4G around Cleveland on the way to Dayton. I was able to map out some points north and south of Dayton. When passing Campbell Station, I couldn't pick up any 4G.

I was picking up LTE along I40 between Cedar Bluff and Exit 379. Went away when I exited north. More West Knoxville LTE!

I mapped it this morning from the weight station past cedar bluff

Mapped out some 4G around LaFollette and on I75. Had to restart my phone before it would pick up any 4G. For some reason the LTE app nor toggling airplane mode would work.

Mapped out some 4G around LaFollette and on I75. Had to restart my phone before it would pick up any 4G. For some reason the LTE app nor toggling airplane mode would work.

Mine does the same thing. I even have to reboot to ehrpd sometimes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Took a trip to Turkey Creek and did get 4G!! Here are the speed tests:

The High:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_10_24_1.jpg

The Average:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_19_58_31_1.jpg

The Medium:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_05_10_1.jpg

The Low:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_22_39_1.jpg

As you can see, the speeds do range a bit.

The average stayed around 4-6 Mbps, followed by the lows which were 3.0-3.5 Mbps.

The high speeds stayed around 15-18 Mbps, followed by the mediums which stayed around 7-11 Mbps.

Also, the bars shown in the pictures might not be the bars at the time of taking the speed tests. I did have full bars and got around 2.3 mbps once, I didn't grab a picture at the time.

Edited by nocturnal

Took a trip to Turkey Creek and did get 4G!! Here are the speed tests:

The High:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_10_24_1.jpg

The Average:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_19_58_31_1.jpg

The Medium:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_05_10_1.jpg

The Low:

Screenshot_2013_05_21_20_22_39_1.jpg

As you can see, the speeds do range a bit.

The average stayed around 4-6 Mbps, followed by the lows which were 3.0-3.5 Mbps.

The high speeds stayed around 15-18 Mbps, followed by the mediums which stayed around 7-11 Mbps.

Also, the bars shown in the pictures might not be the bars at the time of taking the speed tests. I did have full bars and got around 2.3 mbps once, I didn't grab a picture at the time.

Did the speedtest cause your battery to drop like that?

Did the speedtest cause your battery to drop like that?

Yes... yes it did.

There were a few other speed tests, but for the most part, from 7:58 to 8:22 I dropped 17%.

However, I have complained about my phone's battery before, and many people told me it might be defective.

Edited by nocturnal

I see 4g popping up in Seymour now. Awesome

Does it come back down into Knox any? I'm heading up that way today to visit some family.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Its off in Seymour someone mapped it in 2 places in Seymour Friday sensorly shows 2 bars so it cant be from the Kodak tower way to far. I've tried to map it since saturday but cant get a signal. I bet it will be on fully this week

Where are you guys showing Sprint 4G LTE coverage in NASHVILLE?  Are you sure you aren't misintrepreting that as WIMAX?

I don't see any 4g LTE coverage anywhere on the maps anywhere in the Nashville METRO area....

Columbia, Lewisburg, and Shelbyville are the only areas that show Sprint4GLTE coverage so far.

i'm getting a Samsumg Victory in a few days, so I will be able to report on the coverage here.

but.. I don't think Nashville has it yet.....

Where are you guys showing Sprint 4G LTE coverage in NASHVILLE?  Are you sure you aren't misintrepreting that as WIMAX?

I don't see any 4g LTE coverage anywhere on the maps anywhere in the Nashville METRO area....

Columbia, Lewisburg, and Shelbyville are the only areas that show Sprint4GLTE coverage so far.

i'm getting a Samsumg Victory in a few days, so I will be able to report on the coverage here.

but.. I don't think Nashville has it yet.....

Yes Nashville has LTE  check the coverage check it out here http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

YET, more southern middle tennessee, such as lewisburg, columbia, and shelbyville are flooded with LTE coverage....and sprint's coverage map is only about 7-8 days old.

so that makes no sense.

ltemiddle.jpg

Edited by greg4lte

Greg, welcome to S4GRU.

You will come to realize that staff and members here have more solid info about Network Vision deployment than Sprint's own marketing department does.  So, do not bother with the Sprint coverage maps right now.  They are imperfect.  Become a Sponsor, and you can view our completed site maps, which are updated several times per week.

Also, you will soon understand that larger metros do not get priority over smaller cities and rural areas.  Network Vision deployment is about efficiency, not population density.  In order to complete Network Vision as soon as possible, sites that can be overhauled more quickly are finished first.

AJ