Samsung / Sprint Launch event in Boston tonight

mercado79

People who rely on WiMax should not upgrade until LTE is available in their area. Good call.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I wish I could be as lucky as fever02. When I check the map for WiMax coverage, it show me as being within the coverage area, although I am on the edge of cutoff. But I can't not get any 4g signal. I am glad to hear that they started working on Boston, but at the same time kind of sad that they are doing a lot more work on the outskirts of boston rather than the city of boston itself.

Just placed an order over the phone last night, a white and a blue, I asked the rep when can I expect shippment of the phone, he replied, retail launch date is 21st, which we already know. But towards the end of the call, when he was confirming the order, he said, "Expect to recived the package on or before June 19th." I really hope this guy knew what he was saying. CANT WAIT!!

Edited by hyun1120

People who rely on WiMax should not upgrade until LTE is available in their area. Good call.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I don't get WiMax 10 miles outside of Boston, and when I do go into Boston most of the time it isn't worth it to turn on 4G, so getting an LTE phone works for me.

Or if you cheat at musical chairs (yes, I’m talking about you man) by physically pushing people out of the way and blocking one chair at all times…that’s wrong. Yes…I’m hating the player, not hating the game.

On the other hand, girl that won the dance off, you deserved it. Way to shake what your mama gave you. Oh, and way to bring back the running man. You nailed it.

Wow musical chairs was hilarious that guy was drunk. I'm glad they called a tie cause I didnt want to see a fight (or maybe I did?). They threw the old lady to the floor just reckless.

Hadn't thought of it last night, but... for anyone that was at the event and held on to their pass, there's a Tectile sticker on there. I just downloaded the Tectile app from the market and was able to reprogram it. Pretty cool.

• Like 1

Lucky the old lady didn't break a hip being thrown to the floor. She would have probably gotten a Galaxy for life.

Well I completely forgot the event was yesterday,

so mercado, did you get there early?

As for the conversation with the Samsung rep about the HTC EVO's HD voice, sure, granted they will downplay the competitors stuff, but calling it a gimmick is false. I experienced the HD Voice on the EVO and wish all phones had it. So crystal clear that you can hear a pin drop. (Yeah i went there) So no, its not a gimmick at least to me. Its true you need another EVO to notice the difference but I still wouldn't call it a gimmick.

As for the power button on the right, I still haven't gotten use to that on my Note so i know I probably won't get used to it on a S3 either. I keep turning off the damn phone. lol

Even without HD Voice, I still feel that the S3 is a (very small and tiny) bit better than the EVO LTE, but not by much. Each has its highs and lows and each would do well in anyone's hands.

• Like 1

Lucky the old lady didn't break a hip being thrown to the floor. She would have probably gotten a Galaxy for life.

Well I completely forgot the event was yesterday,

so mercado, did you get there early?

As for the conversation with the Samsung rep about the HTC EVO's HD voice, sure, granted they will downplay the competitors stuff, but calling it a gimmick is false. I experienced the HD Voice on the EVO and wish all phones had it. So crystal clear that you can hear a pin drop. (Yeah i went there) So no, its not a gimmick at least to me. Its true you need another EVO to notice the difference but I still wouldn't call it a gimmick.

As for the power button on the right, I still haven't gotten use to that on my Note so i know I probably won't get used to it on a S3 either. I keep turning off the damn phone. lol

Even without HD Voice, I still feel that the S3 is a (very small and tiny) bit better than the EVO LTE, but not by much. Each has its highs and lows and each would do well in anyone's hands.

thanks for checking in man. i did not get there early. family stuff came up and so i got there about 20 minutes before they opened. but... there was no line at that time. just a big crowd outside. so, by the time someone came out and lined everyone up, i was only a few people back. i did do what you suggested and bee-lined it to a samsung rep. got a lot of alone time with him while everyone else was filing in, grabbing food and drinks, etc.

we had a good chat. he was a samsung rep in charge of "boston north". he mentioned that he worked for compusa back in the day and has always been a gadget geek, and now he spends his days messing with new or unreleased gadgets. not a bad deal! honestly, everyone last night was great. very responsive and friendly. i'd definitely attend another event.

I sense seeing you holding the writing pad in your hands like a football knocking down folks in your way to get to teh Samsung rep first. lol

Glad you had a good time. Its fun going to these places.

TS

This is a great write-up.

+1 I've really come to like ACSyndicate. Also, check out qbking77 (hes a contributor to ACSyndicate) on YouTube... hes always got great reviews of all things Android.. and he usually uses Sprints latest phones. http://www.youtube.c...7?feature=chclk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great write-up.

Thanks, that's my write-up. I left ACS (nothing bad, just different direction than where I am and may be helping a friend out soon in their team) but will probably be writing again soon. Thanks again for the support!

Edited by The Root
  • Like 2