Report Your LTE Connection Here

I was making a delivery in west houston about a hour and was able to connect to 4g :D2012-07-13_11-35-17.png2012-07-13_11-34-51.png

Your first Netmonitor screenshot does indeed show an LTE connection, but it is not the same base station mapped in the other screenshot. Between those snapshots, your connection must have changed. Or something else is awry.

Your first Netmonitor screenshot does indeed show an LTE connection, but it is not the same base station mapped in the other screenshot. Between those snapshots, your connection must have changed. Or something else is awry.

post-2932-0-72557600-1342226247_thumb.png when i was in the area i was connecting to three towers one not in pic just north of my location. i have a screen shot of the tower but im getting file is too large to post here.

2012-07-13_19-26-25.png when i was in the area i was connecting to three towers one not in pic just north of my location. i have a screen shot of the tower but im getting file is too large to post here.

I see. Do be advised that the sites mapped by Netmonitor here, at least in the screenshot that maps the two sites labeled 03809 and 03795, are not actual Sprint tower locations. (Sponsor-level members here can see maps of the actual towers.) Netmonitor is plotting the coordinates broadcast by these two base station radios, but these coordinates apparently are offset some distance from their towers' actual sites. This phenomenon occurs on many Sprint towers, although many others broadcast their actual locations. So the LTE base station you logged (12706) may not be where your map shows it, either.

I have lte in lewisville tx (north dfw area)

Hmm - I'm not sure why, but I can't get it - tried in Lewisville (near Vista Ridge). I rebooted my Galaxy Nexus - still shows 3g... Bummer! Will try later today.

Also, noticed that Sprint.com/coverage has been updated with coverage maps for 4g LTE

Just hit some 4G in Centennial Olympic Park. Atlanta, Georgia.

speed test was absolutely terrible. 280 down and 120 up.

My jaw dropped for a second...thought you were talking megs!

• Like 1

That's my bad, sorry about that. I will be more thorough.

subsequent tests have been much better after a profile/prl update.

Getting 2.2mb down , 970 kbs up.

Open Signal is primarily an online app that crowdsources coverage areas and guesses at tower sites from that data. The tower guesses are not very accurate. I think it does run in the background if you give it permission to collect and post your logged signal strength data to their website.

Its nice...but very unstable.

Hmm - I'm not sure why, but I can't get it - tried in Lewisville (near Vista Ridge). I rebooted my Galaxy Nexus - still shows 3g... Bummer! Will try later today.

Also, noticed that Sprint.com/coverage has been updated with coverage maps for 4g LTE

I'm at 3040 and i35 and seem to get 3-4 bars of lte and my fastest speed test was 14.3 mbps which is actually a little disappointing see how my best friends HTC 3d with 1 bar of wimax beside my phone is getting between 9-11 mbps

I'm at 3040 and i35 and seem to get 3-4 bars of lte and my fastest speed test was 14.3 mbps which is actually a little disappointing see how my best friends HTC 3d with 1 bar of wimax beside my phone is getting between 9-11 mbps

That is crazy fast WiMax

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Are you really complaining about ONLY getting 14 mbps? You can't do anything on your phone that requires that much bandwidth anyway. Sprint advertises their LTE with speeds from 6-8 mbps with peaks of 25 mbps. The network is also brand new and I bet over time as they fill in more sites you will get more than 14 mbps, which you don't need in any way shape or form.

Are you really complaining about ONLY getting 14 mbps? You can't do anything on your phone that requires that much bandwidth anyway. Sprint advertises their LTE with speeds from 6-8 mbps with peaks of 25 mbps. The network is also brand new and I bet over time as they fill in more sites you will get more than 14 mbps, which you don't need in any way shape or form.

Well I use my phone as a hot spot constantly and there actually are aps that can use large amounts ie Netflix streaming in HD as well as you tube 1 hour of streaming in HD can be up to 5 gb. Also not trying to brag by any means or troll but my dodge viper technically could probably operate below 150hp yet it has 505hp and can do over 200mph when in Texas there is only one road that even goes up to 80mph the answer is I just want it. And if you dont need those speeds how come att released they are dumping more money in research of 5g data than there lte services this year and that you can look up all over the web

Edited by biqben01

That is crazy fast WiMax

Well considering sprints site says that wimax is 10mbps or faster and clear internet who shares the same wimax towers/systems says they can get speeds up to 15mbps

Well considering sprints site says that wimax is 10mbps or faster and clear internet who shares the same wimax towers/systems says they can get speeds up to 15mbps

Yeah. Most members here have been seeing a lot slower WiMax speeds...

Well I use my phone as a hot spot constantly and there actually are aps that can use large amounts ie Netflix streaming in HD as well as you tube 1 hour of streaming in HD can be up to 5 gb. Also not trying to brag by any means or troll but my dodge viper technically could probably operate below 150hp yet it has 505hp and can do over 200mph when in Texas there is only one road that even goes up to 80mph the answer is I just want it. And if you dont need those speeds how come att released they are dumping more money in research of 5g data than there lte services this year and that you can look up all over the web

Watching Netflix or Youtube in HD does NOT need 14mbps or 10 or even more than 4-5mbps for an HD stream that doesn't buffer. Anything more than 5mbps is not necessary for HD video over the internet, especially on a phone. Also, if you are tethering you should not be downloading huge amounts of data if you are rooted. Use it for internet on the go but don't abuse it and download tons over the cell network. That is a douche move for the rest of the users who use it the right away.

Just did a web search on "AT&T 5G network". Not much turned up and I don't know where you're getting your information from but that sounds like a fallacy to me. They are spending their money on LTE like Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile are.

• Like 2

You're dreaming if you think you will see 5G data on phones within 5 years. 10 years is pushing it. Carriers haven't even achieved the technical standards for 4G yet. As far as driving 200mph, that is a danger to society, and I sincerely hope that you do not kill or hurt someone innocent.

That is crazy fast WiMax

Yeah, I have found WiMAX sectors in Kansas City, San Francisco, and/or Chicago that can deliver 10 Mbps. Keep in mind that Clear WiMAX is utilizing 10 MHz bandwidth carriers, while Sprint LTE is currently limited to 5 MHz bandwidth carriers.

AJ

• Like 1

A lot of people don't understand that WiMax isn't really designed to be used while moving, doesn't have seemless tower to tower transfer. Speeds are fastest when you're stationary and not moving. I was able to get 10-15 down regularly.

A lot of people don't understand that WiMax isn't really designed to be used while moving, doesn't have seemless tower to tower transfer.

Not to be a stickler, but what you say about WiMAX is not necessarily true. Basically, WiMAX comes in two varieties -- fixed and mobile. Clearwire has deployed 802.16e, which is the later, mobile variety. It can manage handoffs perfectly well. Because of Doppler shift and other factors, mobility does affect all OFDM based airlinks, including LTE. But, for WiMAX, the problem is largely that Clearwire did not deploy enough cell sites for BRS/EBS 2600 MHz propagation, leaving coverage gaps between sites.

AJ