jegillis

Report Your LTE Connection Here

I just mapped a bunch more, and at the Jack-in-the-box at 620/Great Oaks, got a speed test of 16m/3m.

Impressive

251553184.png

• Like 1

It would sure help if there was a Sensorly app for Iphone.

Or you didn't have an iPhone... Sorry, couldn't resist. Props for being here, seeing you have n iPhone n all... Dang, again sorry haha

~Stock 2.13 LTEvo Certified replacement with screen bleed... waiting for second replacement tomorrow... :o

P.S. Stock blows!

• Like 1

Or you didn't have an iPhone... Sorry, couldn't resist. Props for being here, seeing you have n iPhone n all... Dang, again sorry haha

~Stock 2.13 LTEvo Certified replacement with screen bleed... waiting for second replacement tomorrow... :o

P.S. Stock blows!

Does my profile say I have an Iphone? I must have misspelled Evo 4g. I was just looking for a little help from the massive influx of LTE users today.

• Like 1

Nope... I have lte reception at 4301 rancIer ave. I'm at fort hood right now and no 4g here..

If you get a chance to run the Sensorly app the next time you are connected, that would be great. Thanks!

Robert

Everything mapped in New Bedford, Ma I did with my EVO and my brother did with his Viper(I think). Guess I have too much time on my hands? :lol:

Bobby

• Like 1

Getting good 4G connectivity in Tewksbury, MA today, on Route 38 about a mile east of the I-495 interchange. This was in my car. Got VERY fast download and upload speeds when connected to 4G, much faster than even my WiFi connection at home. I would say Comcast should be worried, but so far I haven't gotten a 4G connection at home, even though it's only about a mile from this location and I appear to be connecting to the same tower at home. Must be below the signal strength threshold for 4G at home. (Is that setting something that can be tweaked on an unrooted Evo?)

Anyway, a few screenshots follow. A speed test showing a few tests for 4G and 3G, along with a WiFi speed test from my home which makes for a pretty interesting benchmark, and a couple of shots from NetMonitor showing the tower and location info.

2012-09-21_13-17-13_zpsef8c6c1f.png

2012-09-21_13-07-53_zps806d1eb1.png2012-09-21_13-06-55_zpsa1bd5aee.png

• Like 1

It would sure help if there was a Sensorly app for Iphone.

There is one. I have it on my iPhone 4s.

I have a pretty consistent connection, but pretty slow speeds, on Beacon Hill.

At 1:30 p.m. today in Fanueil Hall, however, it was much faster.

My speed test results: Ping: 71ms, Download: 30230kbps, Upload: 11481kbps

I have a pretty consistent connection, but pretty slow speeds, on Beacon Hill.

At 1:30 p.m. today in Fanueil Hall, however, it was much faster.

My speed test results: Ping: 71ms, Download: 30230kbps, Upload: 11481kbps

When you have a poor speed, you have a poor signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert

Anyway, a few screenshots follow. A speed test showing a few tests for 4G and 3G, along with a WiFi speed test from my home which makes for a pretty interesting benchmark, and a couple of shots from NetMonitor showing the tower and location info.

Don't forget Netmonitor doesn't always show the true location of the tower, and it does not ever show the LTE tower you are connected to, only the 1xRTT connection you have. Best bet to decipher tower location is to become a sponsor of the site and check out the tower maps in the sponsor section of the forums.

• Like 2

Getting 4G, -110, in Hull, MA. Never got wimax 4G at home in Hull.

• Like 1

Drove up Loop 1 (Mo-Pac) in Austin from Hwy 71 to Hwy 183 and back with Sensorly running.

It showed 40 something hits on 4g. Not sure where yet the 4g actually was. Still trying to learn the app.

I think its uploading those results now.

Hip hip Hooray 4g is here

Amazing how fast the folks here work....

yesterday just a little island by my house, now, lots:

78681-09-21-2012.PNG

• Like 2

Amazing how fast the folks here work....

yesterday just a little island by my house' date=' now, lots:

[/quote']

Yeah, wireless enthusiasts are a committed bunch.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

+1

P.S. Stock blows!

there is lte in taunton ma around the green the nu tower is behind truccis an theres another live site on the water tower in rainham by the walmart im geting around 6 /12 mbs down

• Like 1

4g lte showing up in Austin and Round Rock along 45 toll road and in brushy creek

I have been running sensorly app and picking up 4g hits in SouthWest Austin Mo-Pac and US HWY 290 area. Not been able to get it in a stationary area yet to do any speed tests.

Also got some hits in the Round Rock area I-35 and EXIT 254 area.

• Like 1

i tried to post from my S3 earlier and when i hit 'add comment' the button highlights and does nothing, very frustrating!! SO what i was going to say is that i was driving around south austin for a white earlier today. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the LTE signal came from the sprint store that is at mopac and 290 w. there are a few towers in the area, including a sprint tower across the street but it wasn't on the list for a tower to have LTE work done. i drove over there anyways and confirmed there are no lte antennas or recent work done to the tower. the other tower is an at&t tower. i drove around using sensorly and did some more lte plots. the lte signal was very weak and would only last a few blocks. i did a speedtest and it was less than regular 3G ! my girlfriend S2 got 18mbps on what i call 3.5G or wimax. i feel like i own a ferrari without a motor, it looks pretty but doesn't go anywhere. i now regret chosing sprint. :(

I had to register just to confirm Iroseman.

I live in Round Rock, TX also, and today 9/22/12 is the first time I have seen 4G on my Galaxy S3!

BTW Iroseman, since you know the area, I picked up 4G in the Forest Creek area of Round Rock.

And a side note, I have seen many different towers around here with cranes at there bases raising up what looks to be new antennas. They are round white cylinders that seem to be being mounted at the bottom of the other antennas on the towers.

• Like 1

i tried to post from my S3 earlier and when i hit 'add comment' the button highlights and does nothing, very frustrating!! SO what i was going to say is that i was driving around south austin for a white earlier today. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the LTE signal came from the sprint store that is at mopac and 290 w. there are a few towers in the area, including a sprint tower across the street but it wasn't on the list for a tower to have LTE work done. i drove over there anyways and confirmed there are no lte antennas or recent work done to the tower. the other tower is an at&t tower. i drove around using sensorly and did some more lte plots. the lte signal was very weak and would only last a few blocks. i did a speedtest and it was less than regular 3G ! my girlfriend S2 got 18mbps on what i call 3.5G or wimax. i feel like i own a ferrari without a motor, it looks pretty but doesn't go anywhere. i now regret chosing sprint. :(

You regret choosing Sprint? You're in an active LTE deployment area that is just beginning. What in the heck do you expect? Your posts have been great to date, but this one really surprises me. Did someone hack your account?

Robert on Samsung Galaxy S-III via Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just had my iPhone 5 jump into LTE here in Rockford IL, right outside Cherryvale Mall

• Like 4

Round Rock, TX.... Suburb of Austin, TX...

post-5378-0-56702400-1348416390_thumb.png

• Like 3

Had LTE connection last night in suburb of Chicago. :D

• Like 1