Report Your LTE Connection Here

Ok I'm confused.. How do you add a picture (without trying to juggle between the KBs of image space given on the forum. I tried Flickr (not allowed)' date=' ImageShack (not allowed).. Anything allowed????

:([/quote']

I use photo bucket.

I got my first 4G indication on my Galaxy SIII today, but it doesn't seem to hang around long. This is in Round Rock/Brushy Creek/Austin, TX.

We also just got a Radio/Firmware upgrade on the SIII today.

So, I hope(!) this means good things :)

• Like 2

I got my first 4G indication on my Galaxy SIII today, but it doesn't seem to hang around long. This is in Round Rock/Brushy Creek/Austin, TX.

We also just got a Radio/Firmware upgrade on the SIII today.

So, I hope(!) this means good things :)

Please run the Sensorly app the next time in this area so we can plot the location. This is great news! Thanks!

Robert

Please run the Sensorly app the next time in this area so we can plot the location. This is great news! Thanks! Robert

Ok, I've loaded sensorly, and tried(!) to report when it was showing 4G, but it's having a hard time.

Ideas?

• Like 1

Ok, I've loaded sensorly, and tried(!) to report when it was showing 4G, but it's having a hard time.

Ideas?

Success!!! It is now on Sensorly: http://sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

We have our first Austin LTE confirmation there in Round Rock. Yeehaw! Thanks for uploading it.

Robert

Success!!! It is now on Sensorly: http://sensorly.com/...t/lte_310sprint

We have our first Austin LTE confirmation there in Round Rock. Yeehaw! Thanks for uploading it.

Robert

If you get a chance to drive around with the Sensorly app running to plot the area, we would be very grateful! Just click "Map Trip" in the lower right hand corner of the main app screen and then hit the start button. Make sure that points start counting up in the 4G section.

Robert

If you get a chance to drive around with the Sensorly app running to plot the area, we would be very grateful! Just click "Map Trip" in the lower right hand corner of the main app screen and then hit the start button. Make sure that points start counting up in the 4G section.

Robert

Will do when I'm out and about tomorrow (I'm on vacation this week). Was VERY surprised to see the 4G indication from the phone :)

• Like 1

copy and paste this into google maps and zoom in. you can see they were working in the site with a truck in the driveway. i have a hunch this is the tower the LTE came from. 2250 1/2 Park Pl Cir, Round Rock, Williamson, Texas 78681

• Like 1

Would make sense, as I'm just north of there. Although NetMonitor is saying 2409 Mockingbird Dr

NID: 22 BID 2209 -78dBm

1) Netmonitor is telling you the CDMA 1x sector radio you are connected to, which is not necessarily the LTE site.

2) Even for mapping the CDMA towers, the coordinates reported by Netmonitor and similar apps may not be the actual tower site, but rather some distance offset around the tower. See this short primer on that anomaly.

ATX4G's hunches have been fruitful before. Since you are a sponsor, I suggest that you explore S4GRU's Sponsor-level map in that immediate vicinity and look for the precise location of any Sprint towers. (Commenting on those details should be confined to Sponsor-level forums here, not this public Network forum.)

Then explore around any such tower on the ground. Running Netmonitor or CDMA Field Test in conjunction with the S4GRU sponsor map can help you determine if this is the tower where your CDMA 1x connection really is. Then, if you still are getting an LTE signal, you can explore the vicinity with Sensorly to record the LTE connection.

• Like 1

1) Netmonitor is telling you the CDMA 1x sector radio you are connected to, which is not necessarily the LTE site.

2) Even for mapping the CDMA towers, the coordinates reported by Netmonitor and similar apps may not be the actual tower site, but rather some distance offset around the tower. See this short primer on that anomaly.

ATX4G's hunches have been fruitful before. Since you are a sponsor, I suggest that you explore S4GRU's Sponsor-level map in that immediate vicinity and look for the precise location of any Sprint towers. (Commenting on those details should be confined to Sponsor-level forums here, not this public Network forum.)

Then explore around any such tower on the ground. Running Netmonitor or CDMA Field Test in conjunction with the S4GRU sponsor map can help you determine if this is the tower where your CDMA 1x connection really is. Then, if you still are getting an LTE signal, you can explore the vicinity with Sensorly to record the LTE connection.

Already looking into the 4.1 sdk to see if there are updated methods in the telephony class to handle LTE tower coordinates. We will see..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Got it!!!! Lte is live on Killeen/fort hood area!!!

Where at? Have you uploaded using the Sensorly app?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Doesn't Sensorly upload automatically when you stop mapping a trip?

Nope... I have lte reception at 4301 rancIer ave. I'm at fort hood right now and no 4g here..

• Like 1

Doesn't Sensorly upload automatically when you stop mapping a trip?

When you hit stop, Sensorly puts the data collected in your queue. Depending on your Sensorly upload settings is when it will upload. Because you can have it set up to upload only on WiFi or when using mobile networks.

I've lost data in the past at times when at the moment Sensorly went to upload, my Sprint data was non existent and would lose the batch. So when I am doing a large amount of drive testing, I will send small batches every few minutes. That way if I lose data, I lose a small segment and not a whole afternoon of drive testing.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner