Report Your LTE Connection Here

Two days straight and the signal seems to be holding. BTW...this is indoors. I hope it's not a test. Nice to not have to use Wi-Fi when I'm at home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Since you are in a launched market, you will likely be able to keep this signal.

Robert

Since you are in a launched market, you will likely be able to keep this signal.

Robert

I hope so. I've seen a solid connection hold for a week and then go away for a month.

I would use LTE in my home when it first shows up just for grins and putting it through the ringer for a few weeks. But to stay on there indefinitely is certainly wasteful. All wireless networks are a shared resource.

Robert

I would use LTE in my home when it first shows up just for grins and putting it through the ringer for a few weeks. But to stay on there indefinitely is certainly wasteful. All wireless networks are a shared resource.

Robert

Agreed...I'm in day 2 though...

• Like 1

I'm in northwest Houston, and apparently the only towers in my areathat have been upgraded so far are over a mile away. I managed to get a 4G connection from the top floor of my office building once (got 3.8Mbps) but haven't since. A couple of the towers closer to me are on the 'past due' list, so I'm waiting eagerly.

Just out of principle...I feel I shouldn't have to...that's part of what I pay Sprint for.

What about power consumption/battery life?

Robert

This. When I have a choked data connection, I'm wondering how many people there are in my area that could just as easily be on a Wi-Fi network that I'm either not in range of or don't have the password to. Once the novelty of having an LTE connection wears off (also after a day or two), I'll be on Wi-Fi wherever I can again.

After finding a test tower last month, I performed about 20-25 speed tests. On LTE, that came out to over 600MB. In less than an hour. That put things into perspective for me.

After finding a test tower last month, I performed about 20-25 speed tests. On LTE, that came out to over 600MB. In less than an hour. That put things into perspective for me.

I used 8.6GB on just one of my devices running performance tests in 72 hours in Waco this past Labor Day weekend. Speed tests really add up.

Robert

I used 8.6GB on just one of my devices running performance tests in 72 hours in Waco this past Labor Day weekend. Speed tests really add up.

Robert

This is why it's necessary for unlimited data. :P Why even have Verizon or AT&T if you are worried about showing off the speeds!

• Like 2

Connected to 4g lte from corner of Harvard and Commonwealth Ave in Boston MA. See screenshot. Site still seems to be up as of this morning. Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.1 upgrade.

That's the first time I've ever seen someone post a screenshot using kb/s.....

I would assume that I'd have LTE in my area seeing that there's a tower (if im looking at the right one) that's only 4 miles from my house. I'm sure how signal vary from miles so unsure how that works if someone would enlighten me on that :)

I live in McDonough, GA

Just so I understand....the towers with the purple icon (4G) represent LTE?

If so, the tower marked as AT72XC039

Seeing how close it is...i may go as close as the tower as i can to see what happens.

Seesm to be a past due tower near me 2 miles from me....even closer then the other.....would be cool to find some news on that...

Really I just keep my phone on cdma for now since it seems to vary on where i go. Especially in Atlanta....in some places it works....some places it'll go in and out....like Metro area for example.

Also.....how do you do screenshoots on Android phones?

Iirc you can naturally do it on ipod/iphone but wasn't aware how you do it on Android

I would assume that I'd have LTE in my area seeing that there's a tower (if im looking at the right one) that's only 4 miles from my house. I'm sure how signal vary from miles so unsure how that works if someone would enlighten me on that :)

I live in McDonough, GA

Just so I understand....the towers with the purple icon (4G) represent LTE?

If so, the tower marked as AT72XC039

Seeing how close it is...i may go as close as the tower as i can to see what happens.

Seesm to be a past due tower near me 2 miles from me....even closer then the other.....would be cool to find some news on that...

Really I just keep my phone on cdma for now since it seems to vary on where i go. Especially in Atlanta....in some places it works....some places it'll go in and out....like Metro area for example.

Also.....how do you do screenshoots on Android phones?

Iirc you can naturally do it on ipod/iphone but wasn't aware how you do it on Android

I take it you have a device other than the Samsung Intercept listed in your profile. Because you will never get LTE with that thing.

Robert

• Like 1

Haha yes i forgot to change it

I have the Galaxy S3 now :D

Edit: Changed

You can either Palm Swipe the screen or you can press the power button + home button to take a screen shot on the GS3.

Once you have a 4G LTE connection, open the app. Click on "Map Trip" in the lower right hand corner. In the next screen, click the start button. Let it run and collect 4G data points. After a few minutes, you can press stop. It will then log all your 4G connection points to the Sensorly server and it will appear on their maps in an hour or two.

You can view other Sensorly uploads here: http://sensorly.com/...t/lte_310sprint I contributed most of the data around the Waco area.

It would be great if you could start it again the next time you are out an about in Fredericksburg, so it can log all the places around town that have a signal. Thanks for contributing!

Robert

I just wanted to say thanks for the note about Sensorly. I haven't read about it anywhere else on the site until this post.

Now I run it on every drive, and I like the idea so much that I even busted out my WiMAX phone to generate some coverage maps. I feel like everyone on this site should at least know about it (they don't have to contribute though.)

• Like 1

Thanks for adding the screenshot for me

I appreciate it.

Ok I'm confused.. How do you add a picture (without trying to juggle between the KBs of image space given on the forum. I tried Flickr (not allowed), ImageShack (not allowed).. Anything allowed????

:(