Report Your LTE Connection Here

I was all up and down San Francisco and north of San Francisco (San Anselmo) and I could not even get eHRPD. All this work must just be taking place south of San Francisco.

I was all up and down San Francisco and north of San Francisco (San Anselmo) and I could not even get eHRPD. All this work must just be taking place south of San Francisco.

FWIW - I'm on a Galaxy Nexus and I get eHRPD in my area but as soon as I hit a non eHRPD area, my phone reverts to EVDO even where I previously was on eHRPD. This persists until I toggle the lte/cdma setting.

I can confirm that I'm getting eHRPD in my house in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San Jose (SF South Bay).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm and eHRPD is?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I was unable to type earlier when I posted those screenshots. That is live LTE in Joliet IL at Jefferson and Larkin streets. Joliet is part of the Chicago market.

Did you find service in an additional Joliet location than the two live sites shown in our update this weekend? http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Robert

No sir. Just at the location of Jefferson an Larkin Avenues. According to your updated map from Sunday the closest completed tower for 4g was a good ten miles north of my location. I was near many completed 3G sites per your map. Does the screenshot provide sufficient information as to which tower I was connected to?

No sir. Just at the location of Jefferson an Larkin Avenues. According to your updated map from Sunday the closest completed tower for 4g was a good ten miles north of my location. I was near many completed 3G sites per your map. Does the screenshot provide sufficient information as to which tower I was connected to?

The way I read the Completed map, there is a 3G/4G tower about 2.7 miles N-NW of that intersection, which would be a good guess. And on the August schedule map there is another LTE tower that is much closer, so that might be live today. (BTW, now that you are a sponsor, it might be easier to discuss map details in the sponsor forums.)

Your screenshot from Netmonitor shows CDMA sector IDs, which would not necessarily be the same as the LTE tower you were connected to. Unfortunately Netmonitor's screen display is misleading.

At 5pm I got a 4G signal in Nashua, NH. I was at the mall in front of Dicks Sporting Goods. Ran a few tests and got above 10 Mbps download and about 6.50 Mbps upload. I have screenshots but I don't know how to post them. Under status in the settings menu were LTE: 14, Signal Strength -88dBm. Kicked me off to 3G for a moment but connected again the next minute.

The way I read the Completed map, there is a 3G/4G tower about 2.7 miles N-NW of that intersection, which would be a good guess. And on the August schedule map there is another LTE tower that is much closer, so that might be live today. (BTW, now that you are a sponsor, it might be easier to discuss map details in the sponsor forums.)

Your screenshot from Netmonitor shows CDMA sector IDs, which would not necessarily be the same as the LTE tower you were connected to. Unfortunately Netmonitor's screen display is misleading.

You are correct. I was off on my distance. Yes more than likely either of those towers would be the one/ones I was hitting. Lost signal when I traveled about 1.5 miles west of that location. Here's to hoping they keep it live and don't start blocking it.

At 5pm I got a 4G signal in Nashua, NH. I was at the mall in front of Dicks Sporting Goods. Ran a few tests and got above 10 Mbps download and about 6.50 Mbps upload. I have screenshots but I don't know how to post them. Under status in the settings menu were LTE: 14, Signal Strength -88dBm. Kicked me off to 3G for a moment but connected again the next minute.

At first I was thinking that was impossible. But then I typed in Dick's Sporting Goods in Nashua into Google Maps and I see it is right at the border. So likely the signal came from a completed site within Massachusetts.

Robert

Well, I just did about 30 minutes driving around Palo Alto, CA with an RF tester on an HTC EVO 4G LTE, and didn't get any LTE hits. Not to say it ain't t here, just seems pretty hard to find. Criss crossed PA for about 25 minutes, nothing.

At first I was thinking that was impossible. But then I typed in Dick's Sporting Goods in Nashua into Google Maps and I see it is right at the border.

Tony Vallencourt: Boston to Nashua? You goin' up there to buy liquor, pally?

Stanley Sperrow: Aya, no sales tax.

Tony Vallencourt: Alright, you just gotta shoot up 95, but watch your ass crossin' over the border. Those state troopers are outta control.

Stanley Sperrow: That's correct, Tony!

Tony Vallencourt: Hey, I don't care if you're 1 mile over the speed limit, they're haulin' your ass into Muni Court.

Stanley Sperrow: Okay, Tony.

Tony Vallencourt: I'm tellin' ya pal, these guys got a quota and a WICKED radah gun.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Well, I just did about 30 minutes driving around Palo Alto, CA with an RF tester on an HTC EVO 4G LTE, and didn't get any LTE hits. Not to say it ain't t here, just seems pretty hard to find. Criss crossed PA for about 25 minutes, nothing.

If you were using an EVO LTE, you would have to constantly be cycling through CDMA only and CDMA/LTE mode. It seems when left to its own, it will not pick up a passing or fleeting LTE site.

Robert

If you were using an EVO LTE, you would have to constantly be cycling through CDMA only and CDMA/LTE mode. It seems when left to its own, it will not pick up a passing or fleeting LTE site.

Robert

thanks for the tip. I might do another run in a few days to check it out. What is the best app, service for tracking what towers one is connected to? I was using the RF Signal Tracker

thanks for the tip. I might do another run in a few days to check it out. What is the best app' date=' service for tracking what towers one is connected to? I was using the RF Signal Tracker[/quote']

Unfortunately, there is currently no app on the market that will track LTE site connections. There are some that appear like they are, but the data being provided is actually 1x. Your device can be connected to a different 1x site than LTE site at the same time.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Great to hear about activity in the Bay Area... Starting this week, I've been seeing eHRPD all over the mid-peninsula area. Many towers have the "speed upgrade" completed and I've been able to pull almost 2.5 Mbps over eHRPD in Foster City and 1.5+ Mbps in many places. I've never seen speeds like this before on Sprint.

• Like 2

If some of you South Bay members want to plot some signal areas for us, I would be happy to write an article about this. Very exciting stuff.

Robert

Robert, I'd be glad to. I have a Tri-Fi hotspot only (I bought my iPhone before Sprint had them and in contract for another year). I can read signal strength, but have no idea how to find out towers, identify eHRPD, or any of the other useful stuff that comes on smartphone apps. Would LTE sightings still be useful?

• Like 1