Report Your LTE Connection Here

I was looking at the Premier map and none of the Campus antenna's are online yet

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. This is the Sprint Campus. They can have Ericsson upgrade it any time they want. Also, our NV Sites map hasn't been updated since June 24th.

Robert

• Like 3

LTE appeared to disconnect as soon as I got outside. All adjacent towers were eHRPD. After I stopped moving upon returning to my original location, LTE reconnected.

Sounds like in building DAS. Thanks for the info!

Robert

• Like 1

Got an lte connection about a mile from my house a couple hours ago. This was at the corner of Killian Hill rd and Hwy 78 in Snellville GA right outside Atlanta.

Short lived...they turned it off the next day. Maybe it was a test in prep for the 15th...Maybe. At least I know that when they do flip the switch for good that those speeds are "possible" that close to my house.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed issues with both the current 4G and 3G here in the past couple of days? Late last night my 4G (on my Sprint Seirra Overdrive) was so unusable I dropped down to 3G (intentionally) and found that I was getting almost 3mbps on Sprint 3G. This was in Carrollton, Tx (just north of Dallas)...

I checked the speed 3 times over an hour and all of them were over 2.25mbps. From what I normally get around here, that is CRAZY fast for Sprint 3G. I haven't been back in Carrollton to re-check today.

Today while at work (and bored as there is nobody here today) my connection ping time (both 4 and 3G) went over 5500ms. Pretty much usless for everything. Went to lunch came back and it is back to normal (ususal speeds).

Just wondering if this is happening as part of the upgrade coming here in the next several days.

Has anyone else noticed issues with both the current 4G and 3G here in the past couple of days? Late last night my 4G (on my Sprint Seirra Overdrive) was so unusable I dropped down to 3G (intentionally) and found that I was getting almost 3mbps on Sprint 3G. This was in Carrollton, Tx (just north of Dallas)...

I checked the speed 3 times over an hour and all of them were over 2.25mbps. From what I normally get around here, that is CRAZY fast for Sprint 3G. I haven't been back in Carrollton to re-check today.

<snip>

Just wondering if this is happening as part of the upgrade coming here in the next several days.

Welcome to Network Vision's 3G component.

It really depends on how you define users. In this exercise, a User is someone assigned an IP address. If they are users consuming average streaming bandwidth, the number supported is far less and more in line with my numbers above.

The numbers I listed came straight from Sprint FIT reports.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

EDIT: Your source says 200 users per cell, not sector. That's more in line with Sprint FIT reports which claim 180 per cell. So 200 per cell is 66 per sector.

Do you mind me asking how does 200 active users compare to lets say VZW cell cite running 10X10 @ 700 MHz and ATT site running 5X5 @ 700 MHZ? Dont they have the same capacity just their towers have a farther reach?

Do you mind me asking how does 200 active users compare to lets say VZW cell cite running 10X10 @ 700 MHz and ATT site running 5X5 @ 700 MHZ? Dont they have the same capacity just their towers have a farther reach?

A 10x10 carrier has roughly double the capacity. But then again, VZW and ATT have double the customers. And since Sprint is deploying LTE on 1900MHz, their site density is much higher. So, in most places, Sprint will have equal or greater the amount of LTE capacity as VZW and ATT.

Robert

• Like 3

I used "Open Signal Maps".

Didnt know about this app. Comment say this thing is running in the background? Not good.

There is a app to check your heartbeat. That was neat.

I used "Open Signal Maps".

Didnt know about this app. Comment say this thing is running in the background? Not good.

Open Signal is primarily an online app that crowdsources coverage areas and guesses at tower sites from that data. The tower guesses are not very accurate. I think it does run in the background if you give it permission to collect and post your logged signal strength data to their website.

Live at DFW Airport! I rebooted and picked up my first 4G signal on my S3. Far east side of DFW on Valley View Ln (Irving) at 2:54pm. No screen shot yet, first ever smartphone and I don't have a clue yet...

• Like 2

Live at DFW Airport! I rebooted and picked up my first 4G signal on my S3. Far east side of DFW on Valley View Ln (Irving) at 2:54pm. No screen shot yet, first ever smartphone and I don't have a clue yet...

Swipe your palm across the screen, left-to-right or right-to-left. It'll take the screenshot. Or simultaneously hold down Power and Home buttons until the phone shows that a screenshot was taken.

I'm at Walgreens and decided to look at my phone and noticed that I have an LTE connection and so I did a speet test

I got 14 down and 7 up can't attach screenshot. It says file to big.

• Like 1

There is a app to check your heartbeat. That was neat.

I make sure to kill it after I'm done with it. No ads though!

Okay so Houston Area observations today...

Driving home and keeping a pretty steady eye on the phone I was able to connect to 4g twice.

The first time it was not long enough to really do anything. 59 SB at the Loop

The second time I maintained a signal for about 5 Minutes and was able to run some tests. You will see that its connected to WiFi but that's because I just figured out how to screenshot it.

You will notice the signal starts to fade and obviously drops back to 3g toward the end of the tests.

Not too shabby for when I was connected to the second tower at The beltway and 45 south.

</a>[/html]post-2928-0-91546000-1342216187_thumb.png

Edited by bartontimothy