Report Your LTE Connection Here

Check out sensorly for Hillsboro. A coworker and I have mapped most all of the live LTE areas to date.

I have been wondering who did that mapping in Hillsboro! :tu:

• Like 1

Seems like some testing going on in South Lansing, MI. Around Cedar/Edgewood to Cedar/Willoughby. Live and work very close to those locations (which are close as well) and am pulling it at home and at work on the iPad. Speeds aren't as good as I've seem elsewhere and with other carriers yet but it's a start. Only getting about 6Mbps down, <1 up and ping is usually between 75-300. Weird thing is, is when I pull it on the iPad, my time rolls back an hour. Which I'm no engineer but it seems to me like they are "piggybacking" off a Chicago signal or something to test cause Chicago is the nearest full LTE rollout that I'm aware of and they are an hour behind.

I am a sales rep for sprint and they haven't said anything to us about it.

Anyone else in the area?

When I went down to Ohio last weekend, I picked it up for a few minutes between Howell and Brighton on 96. And I was just in Saginaw that is supposed to be lit up and they didn't have it as of 3 nights ago.

Edited by LilTeddyP

Seems like some testing going on in South Lansing, MI. Around Cedar/Edgewood to Cedar/Willoughby. Live and work very close to those locations (which are close as well) and am pulling it at home and at work on the iPad. Speeds aren't as good as I've seem elsewhere and with other carriers yet but it's a start. Only getting about 6Mbps down, <1 up and ping is usually between 75-300. Weird thing is, is when I pull it on the iPad, my time rolls back an hour. Which I'm no engineer but it seems to me like they are "piggybacking" off a Chicago signal or something to test cause Chicago is the nearest full LTE rollout that I'm aware of and they are an hour behind.

I am a sales rep for sprint and they haven't said anything to us about it.

Anyone else in the area?

When I went down to Ohio last weekend, I picked it up for a few minutes between Howell and Brighton on 96. And I was just in Saginaw that is supposed to be lit up and they didn't have it as of 3 nights ago.

The site in South Lansing was accepted on Saturday from the OEM. The Brighton site is testing, not yet accepted. No sites in Saginaw have been accepted from the OEM to date. Three sites have been in the Midland area, though.

It is common for Samsung sites to be off an hour when launched. This happened a lot in the Chicago and Indy sites. They will correct it soon.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The site in South Lansing was accepted on Saturday from the OEM. The Brighton site is testing, not yet accepted. No sites in Saginaw have been accepted from the OEM to date. Three sites have been in the Midland area, though.

It is common for Samsung sites to be off an hour when launched. This happened a lot in the Chicago and Indy sites. They will correct it soon.

Does accepted mean its here to say? Is the information you acquired that from posted somewhere I could keep an eye on? It would be helpful for me to give an "unofficial" word to my customers about LTE since they have been hearing "within 6 months" since the OG Evo came out and we only got about 3 little spots of slow WiMAX in the area.

Any word on more/stronger coverage?

Thanks!

Does accepted mean its here to say? Is the information you acquired that from posted somewhere I could keep an eye on? It would be helpful for me to give an "unofficial" word to my customers about LTE since they have been hearing "within 6 months" since the OG Evo came out and we only got about 3 little spots of slow WiMAX in the area.

Any word on more/stronger coverage?

Thanks!

Accepted means that Sprint is now in control of it. It typically means once it is activated, it is here to stay. However, in unlaunched markets, sites go on and offline all the time.

The only place you could keep an eye on it is if you have access to GLANCE, or knows someone who does. The WiMax spots in the Lansing area were not official deployments, but rather Protection Sites.

There will not really be any more coverage from additional sites via Network Vision. There are some minor coverage enhancements achieved on NV sites because improved radio performance. The big improvements come when voice and LTE are added in 800MHz. Voice services are being added on 800 now, and over the next 9 months or so. LTE on 800 will not begin in earnest for another 10-12 months.

Accepted means that Sprint is now in control of it. It typically means once it is activated, it is here to stay. However, in unlaunched markets, sites go on and offline all the time.

The only place you could keep an eye on it is if you have access to GLANCE, or knows someone who does. The WiMax spots in the Lansing area were not official deployments, but rather Protection Sites.

There will not really be any more coverage from additional sites via Network Vision. There are some minor coverage enhancements achieved on NV sites because improved radio performance. The big improvements come when voice and LTE are added in 800MHz. Voice services are being added on 800 now, and over the next 9 months or so. LTE on 800 will not begin in earnest for another 10-12 months.

Is GLANCE an internal sprint tool? I can see if I have access or can request it.

That is a huge let down, to have it tease with spotty coverage then have to wait another year >:0 Don't get me wrong, I like my employer, and am not bad mouthing them, but someone, somewhere, needs to get it together. When I was working at Verizon and LTE launched here it was testing a couple days and BOOM it was on and done with no issues, no delays, just "it works". Here I have to be at the front of my house, or the front if my store, and even then it's faster than 3G, but not even as fast as the HSPA AT&T iPhones I have run tests on.

SO FRUSTRATING!

EDIT: what is a "protection site" I'm reference to WiMAX?

Edited by LilTeddyP

Is GLANCE an internal sprint tool? I can see if I have access or can request it.

That is a huge let down, to have it tease with spotty coverage then have to wait another year >:0 Don't get me wrong, I like my employer, and am not bad mouthing them, but someone, somewhere, needs to get it together. When I was working at Verizon and LTE launched here it was testing a couple days and BOOM it was on and done with no issues, no delays, just "it works". Here I have to be at the front of my house, or the front if my store, and even then it's faster than 3G, but not even as fast as the HSPA AT&T iPhones I have run tests on.

SO FRUSTRATING!

EDIT: what is a "protection site" I'm reference to WiMAX?

Yes. GLANCE is an internal Sprint network tool.

I disagree with your assessment on spotty coverage. Most people don't realize, but VZW didn't do a whole bunch of towers in a few weeks and brought them online all at once. They worked on them for months and months and would leave completed sites just sit there not being usable, sometimes for almost a year.

I live next to a VZW site. They completed the install in February 2012. The site did not go live until December 2012. It sat for 10 months, waiting for the whole market. This may seem better to someone who doesn't know what's going on. But for me, it was painful.

Sprint originally did the same thing as Verizon. But S4GRU lobbied and wrote articles pleading with Sprint to turn on and let us use sites as they are ready. You may think it's frustrating to not have instant wall to wall LTE coverage, but I say it's worse to block access to a LTE site that you could be using. Especially since the legacy network data is so poor. I'm glad Sprint changed their mind. We will take islands of awesomeness that grow every month, than to wait 6-12 months for it all to appear at once.

For more info about WiMax Protection Sites: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-are-protection-sites/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes. GLANCE is an internal Sprint network tool.

I disagree with your assessment on spotty coverage. Most people don't realize, but VZW didn't do a whole bunch of towers in a few weeks and brought them online all at once. They worked on them for months and months and would leave completed sites just sit there not being usable, sometimes for almost a year.

I live next to a VZW site. They completed the install in February 2012. The site did not go live until December 2012. It sat for 10 months, waiting for the whole market. This may seem better to someone who doesn't know what's going on. But for me, it was painful.

Sprint originally did the same thing as Verizon. But S4GRU lobbied and wrote articles pleading with Sprint to turn on and let us use sites as they are ready. You may think it's frustrating to not have instant wall to wall LTE coverage, but I say it's worse to block access to a LTE site that you could be using. Especially since the legacy network data is so poor. I'm glad Sprint changed their mind. We will take islands of awesomeness that grow every month, than to wait 6-12 months for it all to appear at once.

For more info about WiMax Protection Sites: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-are-protection-sites/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I see your point, I'm just being a Varuca Salt about it.

LTE is more stable on my iPad than on my girlfriend S3. I was planning on ordering a Note 2 on Monday, but if apple is pulling in LTE better, I may go 5. I'll bring my friends 5 and another friends Note over in the next couple days and see what's up.

I guess what I'm more frustrated about is the 1.5-2year lag in LTE behind Verizon. I hear it all day from my customers and can't necessarily share their frustration and its just nice to vent sometimes :)

If GLANCE is what I'm thinking of, I think I can access it. We had someone in complaining about dropped calls, saying she was getting them constantly, and he brought up something that he could see what tower she was using, and gave stats on calls such as blocks, drops, success rates, ect.

• Like 1

Hello all.

I see the point above about holding back on turn ups and seems maybe sprint Is not doing this but from what ive seen

there are still major issues with LTE signal penitration and lack of service in shadow areas.

My local 3G tower was slated for LTE may 2012..postponed till aug..postponed till oct..

After 30days of tickets and complaining to cust serv I received a $200 credit on our bill which is a full month of service at our rate.

Well here we are again 4mos later and no lte..Now sprint denies the tower was ever slated for LTE.

This is my home tower which we are at 90% of the time. Yes other towers have LTE signals but while passing or not far from a tower 40% of the time I get speeds of 4-12megs up/dwn other times full bars but no transport and the last part, lte speeds at only 1meg down x 108-200kbps up.

My home tower is 4miles from the next LTE which works most of the time but still no perfect.

We have over 8000 homes in the area which might just be to small for conversion but the 3g is really poor.

If they dont release me from contract but offer a credit Ill take it again which pays 2/3 cost to break contract.. I sell the phones on ebay for $200ish and Im good.

btw verizon lte has been here for over a year and always gets 15-25megs down x 11megs up on my company and data modems. Id rather be capped at 5gigs on vz than not have anything at all.

Edited by gz007

Hello all.

I see the point above about holding back on turn ups and seems maybe sprint Is not doing this but from what ive seen

there are still major issues with LTE signal penitration and lack of service in shadow areas.

My local 3G tower was slated for LTE may 2012..postponed till aug..postponed till oct..

After 30days of tickets and complaining to cust serv I received a $200 credit on our bill which is a full month of service at our rate.

Well here we are again 4mos later and no lte..Now sprint denies the tower was ever slated for LTE.

This is my home tower which we are at 90% of the time. Yes other towers have LTE signals but while passing or not far from a tower 40% of the time I get speeds of 4-12megs up/dwn other times full bars but no transport and the last part, lte speeds at only 1meg down x 108-200kbps up.

My home tower is 4miles from the next LTE which works most of the time but still no perfect.

We have over 8000 homes in the area which might just be to small for conversion but the 3g is really poor.

If they dont release me from contract but offer a credit Ill take it again which pays 2/3 cost to break contract.. I sell the phones on ebay for $200ish and Im good.

btw verizon lte has been here for over a year and always gets 15-25megs down x 11megs up on my company and data modems. Id rather be capped at 5gigs on vz than not have anything at all.

If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then please go. We won't ask you to stay with Sprint, but we don't want to hear how much you prefer Verizon's 5GB limitations either. Your post comes off as a rant against Sprint, which is against our posting guidelines.

I have VZW LTE also. A smartphone and a hotspot. You will not get 15-25Mbps everywhere you go, 24 hours a day. The speeds of the VZW LTE network have steadily dropped all across the board since last summer. I now can drop as low as 3-5Mbps in urban/suburban areas at peak times.

3-5Mbps meets my needs on Verizon, and I'm not complaining. However, I'm just pointing out that the days of super fast LTE everywhere and all the time on Verizon are over. It is now a more mature and well burdened network that offers a pretty inconsistent experience. Albeit even if the worst experiences are still usable.

• Like 1

So basically you know sprint has issues and dont want to talk about it.

Its all legit constuctive criticism in which sprint wants to keep hush.

I manage 20 bus offices and all have VZ LTE as a second source for data.

None of my LTE Modems fall ever below 11-megs ever. I do test and monitor full time.

I do know that if you are power user VZ and Sprint will slow your modem down. I know provisioning staff that have told

me if I ever slow down to call and have them open my account back up for speed. I wont get technical here on what is done.

My issues is Sprint is selling LTE in an area that IS live and they are no furture along today than 8months ago.

Yes I will most likely leave but I will make statements that other potential new accounts should be aware before they are stuck.

None of my LTE Modems fall ever below 11-megs ever. I do test and monitor full time.

I do know that if you are power user VZ and Sprint will slow your modem down. I know provisioning staff that have told

me if I ever slow down to call and have them open my account back up for speed. I wont get technical here on what is done.

My issues is Sprint is selling LTE in an area that IS live and they are no furture along today than 8months ago.

Yes I will most likely leave but I will make statements that other potential new accounts should be aware before they are stuck.

Case of the Mondays on a Sunday, eh?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Here on s4gru, we advocate going with the carrier that best suits your needs. If Sprint aggravates you so, go! We're not Sprint, we honestly don't care if you stay or go. We're just a bunch of enthusiasts. We just don't like people ranting and raving. If you have issues, Sprint has customer service channels you can go through. If they are not satisfactory, take action. Complaining here solves precisely nothing.

That being said, Sprint advertises no throttling, so your comments surprise me.

• Like 1

What is there to talk about? Deployment is just really getting underway. The reach of LTE 1900 and building penetration is the same as their 3G, except at the edge of service because of the fragile nature of the LTE airlink. But that's also the same as VZW LTE 750 reach and building penetration is the same as VZW 3G on 850, except at the edge of service because of the fragile nature of the LTE airlink.

Do not accuse me of not talking about the issues. I have thousands and thousands of hours of discussing the issues here on our boards. Just because some smarmy new member comes in and starts lambasting how VZW is the cats meow, and I do not write a dissertation response to every minute point made, doesn't mean I don't want to discuss the issues.

I don't have the time to respond to every Negative Nancy that comes in here and has an unfounded comment. Do your research, read our site and get informed. Or stay ignorant, that's your choice. But you will not be allowed to spew your ignorance on our boards. This is not the Sprint community forums.

You either need to get in line with our posting guidelines, or you can take your trolling elsewhere: http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

VZW may work well for you in your area. And if it does, go for it. No one will hold you back here. But VZW LTE performance is dropping, that is a fact. I've watched it occur here in New Mexico, Texas, Colorado and South Dakota. And no one knows where the performance hits will bottom out. Verizon cannot deploy any more LTE 750 carriers. That spectrum is all used up.

They will add AWS LTE within the next year, but have no device ecosystem that can even use it. I personally wouldn't buy another VZW LTE device until it supports AWS, because their 750 network will continue to degrade. They don't have many short term options to shore up their LTE, only mid term and long term.

• Like 11

On another note, this thread has served its usefulness. It was created before we had individual market threads. I'm going to close it down now, as it draws in its share of trolls who enjoy the fact that is followed by so many members.

If you have LTE to report, you can find the market thread that it belongs to and report it there: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/39-markets/

Thread closed.

• Like 2

For Veruca, darling, in this thread, we have a standard video clip for you...

AJ

• Like 5