Report Your LTE Connection Here

I wish QBKing77 gave us a general area about where he was. My cousin has a Galaxy Nexus and I would love to try to see if I can get a 4G connection. I live in Elgin, so maybe my cousin will tell me if he gets 4G.

I wish QBKing77 gave us a general area about where he was. My cousin has a Galaxy Nexus and I would love to try to see if I can get a 4G connection. I live in Elgin, so maybe my cousin will tell me if he gets 4G.

If he can could you take a screenshot of net monitor while connected to LTE and report back here?

And :welcome:

Do we even know for sure that netmonitor detects and supports LTE-based status?

Yes it does. The reported Tower locations are a bit off however with the tower maps available we can usually figure out what tower is being connected to.

Qbking77 reports LTE in Elgin, IL

I work close to the location to where he got LTE to connect. I've run some speed tests and haven't noticed any backhaul improvements. What I have noticed is the speed has been really unreliable last week. So something is going on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Here's some speed tests from my og epic. Pings are the best I've seen here. Speed is inconsistent.

Oh, and texts are coming in delayed and some are repeating.

post-630-13406384615545_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Kansas City near the cross section of K-10 and K-7 and have been getting LTE for about a week and a half. Do the GPS coordinates on this screen shot help identify the tower?

post-2578-0-64121500-1341351873_thumb.png

• Like 2

I'm in Kansas City near the cross section of K-10 and K-7 and have been getting LTE for about a week and a half. Do the GPS coordinates on this screen shot help identify the tower?

Those GPS coords are perfectly situated between two active LTE sites. One just off K-10, just west of K-7, and another near K-7 and W. 119th. We will not be able determine which one of the two you are connected to from the screen shot.

If you become a S4GRU sponsor, you can view interactive maps that we have that show completed NV sites around the country. For more info about becoming a sponsor, you can read this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Got an lte connection about a mile from my house a couple hours ago. This was at the corner of Killian Hill rd and Hwy 78 in Snellville GA right outside Atlanta.

Edited by Proxcee
  • Like 3

Got an lte connection about a mile from my house a couple hours ago. This was at the corner of Killian Hill rd and Hwy 78 in Snellville GA right outside Atlanta.

I want those speeds. I really do :P

No kidding! Heck, give me about 1/5 of that with unlimited data, and I'll be happy!

Ben, you are from Phoenix. You are not allowed in this thread until next year.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Ben, you are from Phoenix. You are not allowed in this thread until next year.

:P

AJ

haha... Trust me, I give my best efforts to resist.

I want those speeds. I really do :P

If we can all get half of that 30 megs after the 15th then I think it will be an understatement to say that there will be some happy campers on Sprint. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only person using the tower...with those speeds. Ran another speed test after that and it toned down a little...17 megs down...4 up. Mind blowing compared to 3G norms.

If we can all get half of that 30 megs after the 15th then I think it will be an understatement to say that there will be some happy campers on Sprint. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only person using the tower...with those speeds. Ran another speed test after that and it toned down a little...17 megs down...4 up. Mind blowing compared to 3G norms.

Speeds will not come down for some time. LTE speeds are more signal strength dependent than anything. A LTE site that is half capacity will still function at near full speed, so long as it has sufficient backhaul. And all Sprint LTE sites have enough backhaul to support several full carriers. So this will not be an issue for awhile.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 5

Speeds will not come down for some time. LTE speeds are more signal strength dependent than anything. A LTE site that is half capacity will still function at near full speed, so long as it has sufficient backhaul. And all Sprint LTE sites have enough backhaul to support several full carriers. So this will not be an issue for awhile.

Thank God!! I hope it doesnt get anywhere as bad as sprints 3G did in 2 years. Also at times sprints 1xrtt was faster than sprints 3G network so thats great news.

SWEET! Still kinda hard to believe though...I guess seeing is believing.

Now that you mention "half capacity", it's one thing I've been wondering lately. How many people connected to a tower would be full capacity? I'm sure it depends on the number of carriers. But how many people per carrier?

Now that you mention "half capacity", it's one thing I've been wondering lately. How many people connected to a tower would be full capacity? I'm sure it depends on the number of carriers. But how many people per carrier?

C-plane capacity:

• LTE - At least 200 users per cell should be supported in the active state for spectrum allocations up to 5 MHz.
  • LTE Advanced - At least 300 active users without DRX in a 5 MHz bandwidth.

Source

And with 3 sectors per tower thats 900 users

Could you take a screen shot of netmoniter while connected. it may help identify the tower connected to