Report Your LTE Connection Here

In general, is there any way to translate the Network ID (NID) and Base Station ID (BID) values reported by netmonitor, which also seem to be the standard on-phone values detected by the Android utility Android System Info, to the site numbers reported in your maps? Is there a table somewhere that can cross-reference these?

Pretty sure that the BID is used in the FCC database for tower location, however the database is out of date, incomplete, and unsearchable to the point of being not useable.

Pretty sure that the BID is used in the FCC database for tower location, however the database is out of date, incomplete, and unsearchable to the point of being not useable.

I doubt that. PCS 1900 MHz licensees are not required to register individual sites. Yes, licensees (or tower owners) do have to register towers that exceed certain standards. But not all sites are located on towers, let alone towers that require registration.

AJ

Rookie request here - I am looking at my nearby towers and was wondering if someone could provide pictures (or a description) on what a LTE ready tower looks like and what pre-LTE towers look like.

8mbps in merrillville' date=' indiana[/quote']

Do you know the tower id?

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

8mbps in merrillville, indiana

Could you please take a screenshot of netmoniter while connected on LTE? This helps me find the tower so that a coverage map can be made.

I doubt that. PCS 1900 MHz licensees are not required to register individual sites. Yes, licensees (or tower owners) do have to register towers that exceed certain standards. But not all sites are located on towers, let alone towers that require registration.

AJ

Guess that would be why I had so much trouble finding many of the sites on the maps in the fcc database :confused:

Could you please take a screenshot of netmoniter while connected on LTE? This helps me find the tower so that a coverage map can be made.

I'll have to get back to you on that. The speed test was done on my cousins evo lte.

HO03XC328, Reported by Latinoboi30, allowing connections

THis tower was being blocked yesterday at3:00 PM when I went through the area. I have not found a single active 4GLTE signal in North Houston recently.

THis tower was being blocked yesterday at3:00 PM when I went through the area. I have not found a single active 4GLTE signal in North Houston recently.

:td: Thank you it has been updated

Sprint is probably laughing at us. We are giving them all the information they need to block LTE sites that are left open, right down to their Site ID numbers.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 4

Sprint is probably laughing at us. We are giving them all the information they need to block LTE sites that are left open, right down to their Site ID numbers. Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

:wall:

• Like 4

Sprint is probably laughing at us. We are giving them all the information they need to block LTE sites that are left open, right down to their Site ID numbers.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I was thinking sites appear to be open during the first 24-48 hours after going online for testing then are blocked?

• Like 1

I was thinking sites appear to be open during the first 24-48 hours after going online for testing then are blocked?

This seems to be the case. I think it's the period from when the OEM completes the site and has it online and when Sprint confirms that the site meets contract requirements and accepts the site. I think the first thing Sprint does when it takes over the site is block the LTE.

Robert

This seems to be the case. I think it's the period from when the OEM completes the site and has it online and when Sprint confirms that the site meets contract requirements and accepts the site. I think the first thing Sprint does when it takes over the site is block the LTE.

Robert

If this is the case.....Chicago is going to suuuuuuck.

If this is the case.....Chicago is going to suuuuuuck.

I don't think blocking is going to continue much longer. Since Sprint invited PCMag out to one of their sites to experience LTE, I imagine that's a sign that they are going to open it up soon. :fingers:

Robert

• Like 7

I don't think blocking is going to continue much longer. Since Sprint invited PCMag out to one of their sites to experience LTE' date=' I imagine that's a sign that they are going to open it up soon. :fingers:

Robert[/quote']

And LTE showing up on the public Sprint.com coverage maps

• Like 3

And LTE showing up on the public Sprint.com coverage maps

Where?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Qbking77 reports LTE in Elgin, IL

I have heard a few reports of this I don't have enough information to figure out what tower they are connecting to though.

Qbking77 reports LTE in Elgin, IL

Very interesting to see some actual live LTE in the Chicagoland area beyond NW Indiana. Everyone keep their Evos ready and their eyes peeled.

Damn that QBking can talk, that video could have been a third the size with the same info. Yeesh.

• Like 3