Report Your LTE Connection Here

While on my way home, I got off the public transportation here in New York Metro Area. I noticed my iphone for a split second connect to LTE network. It went away. then i received another connection to the LTE network just long enough to capture this screen shot.

post-5900-0-39684800-1349494521_thumb.png

post-5900-0-48689200-1349494838_thumb.png

• Like 1

By the way, I have an Airave at home. I understand that is only good for 3G, so if I start getting 4G signals near my home I assume I would need to turn it off to get the 4G, is there a setting on the Airave to get 4G or a 4G ariave?

Thanks

At this time, the Airave supports only voice and data on 3G. But, my counter-question is, wouldn't your best bet at home be to use WiFi for data, regardless if 1/2/3/4G is available?

I was shocked to find a live LTE connection in the South Bay Market this evening (Cupertino, CA) since the first sites aren't expected until ...

The Cupertino sites have been online for a few months now. They were put up for Apple. Almost like their own personal FIT for iPhone 5 testing. The deployment for the rest of the market is just beginning now.

Robert via ICS Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

• Like 2

More lte in carroll county, md.

i think 1 or two towers are now live in manchester, md. this town is north of westminster, md.

download speeds were 10 to 15...uploads were 3 to 6.

i traveled about 4 or 5 miles and held a signal. once again evo lte locked on the first time then passing through the area again it did hot and required a airplane mode cycle.

At this time, the Airave supports only voice and data on 3G. But, my counter-question is, wouldn't your best bet at home be to use WiFi for data, regardless if 1/2/3/4G is available?

You are right BenChase7 the airave support people said it just amplifies voice anyway not data

Thanks

While on my way home, I got off the public transportation here in New York Metro Area. I noticed my iphone for a split second connect to LTE network. It went away. then i received another connection to the LTE network just long enough to capture this screen shot.

That's great news. Whereabouts were you when you briefly connected? There's only one live tower reported in NYC and its around the Burke ave area of the Bronx. I have yet to check for myself.

You are right BenChase7 the airave support people said it just amplifies voice anyway not data

Thanks

My experience with Airave 2.5 is that it does relay data as well as voice. With Airave on, I get 2.3 Mbps down, with it off, less than three hundred.

In my case, at least, this also matches the Advanced Tech Support manual which outlines the requirement for relaying data services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That's great news. Whereabouts were you when you briefly connected? There's only one live tower reported in NYC and its around the Burke ave area of the Bronx. I have yet to check for myself.

I was on kingsbridge road and Jerome ave.

• Like 1

Well I have reported over in the Chicago sub-forum But I suppose I should post here. I am seeing LTE connections in chicago near west suburbs. Cicero is flaky in and out of LTE a matter of a few feet which is weird but by my house a couple towns away the North Riverside/Riverside area I am getting LTE in and out of my house except for the basement and it is pretty wide spread a pretty large area. I read that a new tower was up in the last 6 months close by so it must be on. I have been getting anywhere between 5-13 MB inside my house. Although down near Alsip I did pick up briefly a signal for 25 MB down.

Edited by Antimatter
  • Like 2

Cross posting from the chicago thread, but picked up LTE on I90/94 N near UIC and again on north side at Clark/Montrose. Signal faded once we got to Broadway on Montrose, but pulled ~13mbps down and ~5mbps up.

Just found some LTE in East San Jose! Capitol Expy between 680 and Tully. So excited that I couldn't wait until I got home to post. Was not expecting this today.

Yes, I was running Sensorly. So the results should be up soon. I checked the map just now and it looks like someone already recorded a tiny amount of the area (Adrian Way between Story Road and Ocala Ave.)

It also looks like a LOT of other Bay Area coverage has showed up since the last time I checked (every day?)

edit: My results are up now!

• Like 3

Okay a town away from me is where the signal has to becoming from in the Chicago burbs of North Riverside/Riverside area. I was just at Target in Broadview, IL and I was getting 37-38 download speeds. So some of the near West Chicago suburbs should be getting some descent connections.

• Like 3

I was at Oakland airport (Oakland, CA) 2 days ago and noticed there was LTE on my iPhone 5, so I ran some speed tests. The screenshots were done later when I got home (so, no LTE designation on the screenshot, sorry.) I used to work at Sprint developing cell sites for San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange counties in 2000 - 2003. It was a fun time.

IMG_0516.jpg

• Like 1

I used to work at Sprint developing cell sites for San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange counties in 2000 - 2003. It was a fun time.

I bet that was a fun time. I loved being interested in wireless during those years while the industry was still in its growth phase. Now, I feel less interest, more disillusionment. What VZW and AT&T, in pursuit of the mighty dollar, have done to this industry is just sad.

AJ

I agree. Completely different now. I have friends still in the industry and they all point to that period as being the most fun. It truly was a great experience for my first two years there, for my last year there it started to change to the culture that it is now. I've changed industries since, but have remained loyal to Sprint as a customer, and they have been good to me.

I am new here but will keep watch on the 4G LTE developments in the Bay Area and post progress. I also have an Overdrive 4G WiFi hot spot that I use in San Ramon, CA with 3 bars, but the LTE blew that away.

Cumming, Georgia (34.173389,-84.126966) got 3 bars LTE. Speed test was 15M down and 3.5M up.

Bars don't mean much. Gotta look at your RSRP, RSRQ, and SNR.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Okay a town away from me is where the signal has to becoming from in the Chicago burbs of North Riverside/Riverside area. I was just at Target in Broadview, IL and I was getting 37-38 download speeds. So some of the near West Chicago suburbs should be getting some descent connections.

Thats the fastest I've heard...would love to see it.

This is my first smart phone so I am learning but I attached it from my phone and emailed it to my self and this is what was sent to me. Hope this helps. Ok cool click on that link.

Test Date: Oct 6, 2012 1:53:09 pm

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Chicago, IL

Download: 37.30 Mbps

Upload: 7.66 Mbps

Ping: 59 ms

External IP: 98.253.115.145

Internal IP: 30.43.81.230

Latitude: 41.85407

Longitude: -87.85037

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest...d/262459745.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Edited by Antimatter

Thats the fastest I've heard...would love to see it.

Check the post above.

I was also at another site still close to my house but I was also getting 22-25 download and 7-12 upload. Any idea why only about 5-10 blocks away at my house it drops almost in half maybe a little less than half. I suppose it doesn't matter cuz I just connect through wifi but was just curious.

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by Antimatter

Check the post above.

I was also at another site still close to my house but I was also getting 22-25 download and 7-12 upload. Any idea why only about 5-10 blocks away at my house it drops almost in half maybe a little less than half. I suppose it doesn't matter cuz I just connect through wifi but was just curious.

Thanks,

Jay

Not sure if you were aware or not...(this being your first smart phone)...but you can take screenshots on your GS3 by pressing the home button + the power button...or you could just swipe your palm across the screen from right to left. It just beats a bunch of typing or copy and paste when your trying to share speed test results.

I have it on an app so I could access it quickly. No I did not know that Thank you. I will try. However right now I am trying and it won't let me. I will play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again.

Okay cool I was hitting the wrong button...Thank You!

Nice and easy now!

Edited by Antimatter

Okay i think i figured it out lets see. Okay now a stupid qestion how do i delete it from the clipboard? Or will it just get written over when i clip other things? Thanks EDIT: Never mind figured out how to delete it.

post-5701-0-40116400-1349652946_thumb.png

Edited by Antimatter
  • Like 1