Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Whereabouts are you? There's been 1x 800 live inside of the Vegas valley for quite a while now. It's Band 26 LTE800 that we're lacking here.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It definitely helped. I was able to stream Pandora with a few hiccups on my way over here. A month ago when I came for EDC it wasn't great. But yeah can't wait for LTE 26

Screenshot_20160714-204946.png

• Like 2

1x800 on I-15 in the middle of the desert? That's a big development.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Perhaps is this good news for the San Bernardino County and border areas? Hopefully we are getting closer to LTE26 implementation.

• Like 2

Perhaps is this good news for the San Bernardino County and border areas? Hopefully we are getting closer to LTE26 implementation.

I sure hope this is a good sign in that direction, but we will see.

I sure hope this is a good sign in that direction, but we will see.

There were 27 sites as part of the agreement that could be "short spaced" before the rebanding is completed.  Maybe this is one of them or better yet, not one of them.

There were 27 sites as part of the agreement that could be "short spaced" before the rebanding is completed. Maybe this is one of them or better yet, not one of them.

So once it's cleared would that mean band 26 would be activated from L.A to Vegas on the I-15. It's practically 3G the entire way. Kind of frustrating when I drive to Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So once it's cleared would that mean band 26 would be activated from L.A to Vegas on the I-15. It's practically 3G the entire way. Kind of frustrating when I drive to Vegas.

Unfortunately many of the sites between Barstow and Baker are GMO, and don't even have 800MHz equipment.

• Like 1

1x800 on I-15 in the middle of the desert? That's a big development.

Nothing new and between LV and LA you find a lot of 1x800 sites and I'm sure more are life now.

Nothing new and between LV and LA you find a lot of 1x800 sites and I'm sure more are life now.

1X800 what does that mean ? Is that 3G sites or literally when my iPhone says 1X ? And also when band 26 finally gets cleared will all of those legacy sites along that highway get blanketed with LTE ? Sprint is literally the only carrier that doesn't have LTE from LA to Vegas the entire way. Kind of frustrating when I make that drive to sin city once a month

1X800 what does that mean ? Is that 3G sites or literally when my iPhone says 1X ? And also when band 26 finally gets cleared will all of those legacy sites along that highway get blanketed with LTE ? Sprint is literally the only carrier that doesn't have LTE from LA to Vegas the entire way. Kind of frustrating when I make that drive to sin city once a month

1X800 provides better coverage, higher capacity and enhanced voice services in comparison with 1900, anyone please correct me if wrong.

From what MacinJosh stated, we might not be get B26 if sites are GMO, I believe the reason we lack LTE B25 is due to back haul and/or fiber to the tower, but you are correct, my friends on ATT do have LTE :(

• Like 1

1X800 provides better coverage, higher capacity and enhanced voice services in comparison with 1900, anyone please correct me if wrong.

From what MacinJosh stated, we might not be get B26 if sites are GMO, I believe the reason we lack LTE B25 is due to back haul and/or fiber to the tower, but you are correct, my friends on ATT do have LTE :(

The only difference vs 1900 is coverage. Both are 1xRTT. Both are running 1x advanced.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

From what MacinJosh stated, we might not be get B26 if sites are GMO, I believe the reason we lack LTE B25 is due to back haul and/or fiber to the tower, but you are correct, my friends on ATT do have LTE :(

Backhaul for rural sites has been a hard and slow process. It's terrible how slow it's going. Microwave backhaul to rural sites seems to becoming a big norm in the desert southwest. Here in Pahrump, they applied for amendments for existing permits to expand microwave backhaul to all sites running in Pahrump and between Pahrump & Vegas.

• Like 1

Backhaul for rural sites has been a hard and slow process. It's terrible how slow it's going. Microwave backhaul to rural sites seems to becoming a big norm in the desert southwest. Here in Pahrump, they applied for amendments for existing permits to expand microwave backhaul to all sites running in Pahrump and between Pahrump & Vegas.

And pahrump is still on 3G isn't it ? I remember driving there from Vegas to meet a friend while I was in town awhile back. Smh. I feel like sprint should have addressed the backhaul issues before the LTE rollout. They're still building out the LTE network because of this issue.

And pahrump is still on 3G isn't it ? I remember driving there from Vegas to meet a friend while I was in town awhile back. Smh. I feel like sprint should have addressed the backhaul issues before the LTE rollout. They're still building out the LTE network because of this issue.

Still on 3G. Not even a mistaken LTE public test yet. The problem we have is AT&T is lazy with their fiber expansion, and Valley Electric has hit many snags in their fiber rollout to the point they switched to wireless in the interim. And Suddenlink Communications, which just recently bought our local cable company, is taking a backseat and just maintaining the cable network here, with no intentions to expand service. And the local WISP oversold service so much that it's questionable at best.

I stayed in the Palazzo and went back and forth between Palazzo and Sands Convention Center. I believe Sands has a DAS as I got great B41 coverage most of the time. Except the meeting room I was in. I went back and forth between B25 and 3G in the meeting room however back to strong B41 coverage in the main halls. 

Last week in Halls A & B, I had a strong B41 connection but it was slow, almost unusable. I had better speeds turning my phone to 3G.

Today I was right by the north Sprint site in Pahrump and they were working on the tower running cable for the new microwave backhaul that they are adding to the sites on the Pahrump side of Mt Charleston. I'll try to get better pics tomorrow because the 1 I did get was really blurry.

• Like 5

Today I was right by the north Sprint site in Pahrump and they were working on the tower running cable for the new microwave backhaul that they are adding to the sites on the Pahrump side of Mt Charleston. I'll try to get better pics tomorrow because the 1 I did get was really blurry.

Are they prepping for LTE finally ?

Are they prepping for LTE finally ?

Yes. They applied for extending their microwave relays at the beginning of July and got approval on the 22nd. I saw them out there working yesterday, but they weren't back this morning when I was back in the area. Hopefully tomorrow when I go back again. The last I was told by a Sprint rep was the end of this year for LTE in Pahrump, which it's looking closer to that. They have at least 4 links they have to add to complete the chain.

• Like 2

Yes. They applied for extending their microwave relays at the beginning of July and got approval on the 22nd. I saw them out there working yesterday, but they weren't back this morning when I was back in the area. Hopefully tomorrow when I go back again. The last I was told by a Sprint rep was the end of this year for LTE in Pahrump, which it's looking closer to that. They have at least 4 links they have to add to complete the chain.

They put up the final relay chain along a highway here in December and January, LTE didn't go live until May-June. 

• Like 1

They put up the final relay chain along a highway here in December and January, LTE didn't go live until May-June.

And there is a chance that getting permits in Clark County, NV for the last 2 links could be a problem, but at least Nye County was quick and easy.

• Like 2

And there is a chance that getting permits in Clark County, NV for the last 2 links could be a problem, but at least Nye County was quick and easy.

So it sounds like November/December you should have decent LTE coverage. Nice

So it sounds like November/December you should have decent LTE coverage. Nice

That's what I'm hoping.

• Like 1

That's what I'm hoping.

There is so much that needs to be done around LV, especially along the I-15 to Mesquite. Not much LTE love until you hit Mesquite after Moapa.

There is so much that needs to be done around LV, especially along the I-15 to Mesquite. Not much LTE love until you hit Mesquite after Moapa.

GMO's. 3G still works pretty good on most GMO's in the area.