Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Was there a network outtage in Vegas yesterday? A friend of mine on Boost in Pahrump said she didn't have service from 9am until 11:30pm last night. If not, I wonder if they replaced tower equipment on one of the Pahrump towers yesterday. No one on any other carrier reported a loss of service, which makes me know it wasn't a broken fiber link in Vegas like the last time cell service died in 2010.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Boy thats a long outtage and I'm sure the wife & I would have noticed and been affected by it...so for us , no, no outtage

I'll definitely will have them take pictures of the tower. And since all carriers use that tower, everyone knows where it is.

Was there a network outtage in Vegas yesterday? A friend of mine on Boost in Pahrump said she didn't have service from 9am until 11:30pm last night. If not, I wonder if they replaced tower equipment on one of the Pahrump towers yesterday. No one on any other carrier reported a loss of service, which makes me know it wasn't a broken fiber link in Vegas like the last time cell service died in 2010.

Any roaming in your area? At that time I don't worry about using any roaming since if I do go over then it will easily be waived if you get a letter. At least your site was back in the same day. There was a site that is 3g/4g accepted that went down on the 3g side for several days. The downside to it was it serves a huge population of prepaid customers that do not have roaming. The way most sites are designed here there are none to pick up the slack when one goes down.

Any roaming in your area? At that time I don't worry about using any roaming since if I do go over then it will easily be waived if you get a letter. At least your site was back in the same day. There was a site that is 3g/4g accepted that went down on the 3g side for several days. The downside to it was it serves a huge population of prepaid customers that do not have roaming. The way most sites are designed here there are none to pick up the slack when one goes down.

She's on Boost, and therefore, no roaming. :( For me, I roam on Verizon.

Update on Pahrump. I also have a friend on Sprint and she had roaming yesterday, and her mom couldn't call her, it kept going to voicemail. Something definitely happened yesterday, and as soon as I have pictures, I will know for sure if Network Vision has come to Pahrump!

Update on Pahrump. I also have a friend on Sprint and she had roaming yesterday, and her mom couldn't call her, it kept going to voicemail. Something definitely happened yesterday, and as soon as I have pictures, I will know for sure if Network Vision has come to Pahrump!

Do u know wish tower is the one giving lte on boulder hwy around tropicana and Harmon

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Do u know wish tower is the one giving lte on boulder hwy around tropicana and Harmon

If its a really good signal, then it's possible the tower at Trop and the 515, the boulder and Nellis tower, or the boulder tower just south of Trop. I don't remember if any of them are 4g accepted yet or not.

If its a really good signal, then it's possible the tower at Trop and the 515, the boulder and Nellis tower, or the boulder tower just south of Trop. I don't remember if any of them are 4g accepted yet or not.

I honestly think is boulder and tropicana since the signal is really low on Harmon I work on boulder and nellis no lte there

Just curious but have anyone noticed the places where you had LTE now no longer broadcasting them? Here in NYC, we have many sites that had LTE in an area that was initially set up to cover a large area than reconfigured to target a smaller area. This makes the Sensorly maps no reliable.

Just curious but have anyone noticed the places where you had LTE now no longer broadcasting them? Here in NYC, we have many sites that had LTE in an area that was initially set up to cover a large area than reconfigured to target a smaller area. This makes the Sensorly maps no reliable.

Maybe they where testing areas you may have to wait for official lunch

Are the serving cells the same?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone live or able to get into the Rhodes Ranch Subdivision off Durango just north of Windmill Ln? The Sprint site in there by Bisbane Pl received it's permit on July 2nd. Work will start within 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 2 Galaxy S 4's this week with the Sprint special, great deal BTW. Was at the IN-N-Out on Trop & Tee Pee and got a good 4g signal from the tower at Trop & Ft Apache/215. Might go to the Arby's that's right there and see what signal is like. I live less than a mile from the IN-N-Out and only get 3G must be a weak test signal.

• Like 1

Got 2 Galaxy S 4's this week with the Sprint special, great deal BTW. Was at the IN-N-Out on Trop & Tee Pee and got a good 4g signal from the tower at Trop & Ft Apache/215. Might go to the Arby's that's right there and see what signal is like. I live less than a mile from the IN-N-Out and only get 3G must be a weak test signal.

Do you know how to get u let signal strength

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Any new towers Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It appears that work in Vegas has slowed to a crawl since the summer started. I can't blame the workers since it's so hot out there.

It appears that work in Vegas has slowed to a crawl since the summer started. I can't blame the workers since it's so hot out there.

That's what I think 3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 2 weeks later...