Verizon Droid XYBOARD

owensri2

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 26 January 2012

I gave in and bought a Droid XYBOARD 10.1 from Verizon. Really wanted to get a tablet from Sprint, but given the current state of the network, and subpar tablets, most lacking even 3G (just had Wi-Fi), I went with Verizon. The 2GB data limit for the $30 plan sucks, but what are you going to do. I mainly bought the tablet for work, since I use a laptop all the time. It's a lot easier to lug around than a laptop.

The 4G LTE is INSANE! 41 Mbps download and 14 Mpbs upload!!! Hope Sprint's LTE will be that fast. ;)

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 27 January 2012

What do you think of the Xyboard? I've heard mixed reviews, but if you are going to get a tablet with LTE, I don't know what else would be better than the Xyboard. And who wants to carry around a hotspot AND a tablet. I'm hoping Sprint can fix their tablet situation when LTE devices come out.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 27 January 2012

I may be in the market for a tablet this year, but a Wi-Fi model will be fine for me . Let us know what your opinion is after you have it broken in on long term performance issues both + & -. I'll be interested when it will get ICS.