Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps

cable and wireless? :(

Off Topic:

Check your pm, I sent you a link to some pictures I took on scrub island last weekend, thought you might be interested.

The two places I remember specifically: route 30 by the race track and on the corner of Kanal Gade/Norre Gade.

It was this company doing the work:

http://www.innovativevi.net

Press release:

http://www.innovativ...ion_Updates.pdf

Dunno if they are the AAV or not for sprint but they sure were stringing a lot of fiber. Considering that the Airport just got fiber... I suppose these guys are the only game in town for fiber backhaul. I am very curious how much Sprint was driving them to speed up deploying fiber.

Oh ok, I am familiar with innovative, they are not affiliated with sprint in anyway that I know of. Hopefully there is some kind of agreement though, backhaul or lack thereof is the biggest technological hurdle when it comes dealing with the USVI.

Where are you at in little rock that has bad speeds i know that west Little Rock has great speeds by chenal and Cantrell chenal dickions 9 theater and Maumelle where they do get coverage by both lakes.

I'm in North Little Rock, Ar. Speeds are slow & very bad on E. McCain around Lowes/Home Depot. Tower upgrades are due in NLR by 7/30, suppose to have been completed 6/20, didn't happen. My EVO LTE won't work on 4g, i'm dissapointed. Sprint needs to compete with ATT/Verizon, they are way ahead of Sprint, now expanding their LTE to smaller markets in Ar. yet Sprint doesn't have hardly any 4g & no LTE in the state at all. Just renewed my agreement with them too. Maybe i should have waited.

I'm in North Little Rock, Ar. Speeds are slow & very bad on E. McCain around Lowes/Home Depot. Tower upgrades are due in NLR by 7/30, suppose to have been completed 6/20, didn't happen. My EVO LTE won't work on 4g, i'm dissapointed. Sprint needs to compete with ATT/Verizon, they are way ahead of Sprint, now expanding their LTE to smaller markets in Ar. yet Sprint doesn't have hardly any 4g & no LTE in the state at all. Just renewed my agreement with them too. Maybe i should have waited.

What else do you expect? Of course they are ahead of sprint, both are twice the size of sprint with far deeper pockets than sprint and they started their buildouts long before sprint did. Yes, right now is a tough time to be a sprint customer but they are doing the best they can with what they got. If you feel that strongly about it, then cancel your service with sprint and go to who can give you what you are looking for, its not like you don't have a choice.

Of course though, this is very easy for me to say since I live in atlanta and lte goes live next week. :P

What else do you expect? Of course they are ahead of sprint, both are twice the size of sprint with far deeper pockets than sprint and they started their buildouts long before sprint did. Yes, right now is a tough time to be a sprint customer but they are doing the best they can with what they got. If you feel that strongly about it, then cancel your service with sprint and go to who can give you what you are looking for, its not like you don't have a choice.

Of course though, this is very easy for me to say since I live in atlanta and lte goes live next week. :P

I know i have a choice, just here in Ar. being a smaller market Sprint is trying to get their investment back, i understand. Once we get LTE i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I know i have a choice, just here in Ar. being a smaller market Sprint is trying to get their investment back, i understand. Once we get LTE i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

In all seriousness though, I understand your pain. If atlanta wasn't a first round market I would have probably switched to att already, even with their inflated rates and limited data. Thats why I have donated so much to s4gru, the information provided by Robert is spot on and it gave me the confidence to stay with sprint through these tough times. Robert deserves a commission from the money he saved me by keeping me with sprint, so I donate as often as I can.

• Like 7

Oh yeah i remember when i first got my Evo 4g in 2010 that by lake village i could get 2mbps down right their when getting wing stop, while here in Maumelle i could only get 100-300kbps or less. Now i can get a 1meg down at least outside by Lake willastean. And like the only tower in Maumelle is getting a data speed upgrade and yeah one of the ladies on sprint dot com / chat said it was going to be complete on 6/20 or 6/21. Oh and at Lake Village outside you could get a week 4G signal and by hooters

When I first moved from Midtown Atlanta to here near Emory University, I was appalled to see that my shiny new GSII was not only entirely unable to latch onto a 4G (wimax) signal at all, but it couldn't even catch a usable 3G signal! Imagine the horror! I was still very much deep inside the Perimeter (I-285 loop around the city) and could not even get a Rev A signal. WTF?? So I called Sprint..they sent me an Airave. It garbled my calles but gave me respectable data speeds. However, voices calls were all but impossible as I could not tell what anyone was saying nor could they understand me at all, so I pulled the plug on that POS and decided to just wait out the (3G) network upgrades. I mean, I was not even able to get 0.2 MB down. It was abysmal. I couldn't even stream my mp3s from Amazon's Cloud Drive. It was THAT slow.

But, randomly one day a few weeks back, my 3G speeds suddenly spiked to 1.0 Mb down...then even as high a 1.6 down. I was in shock. I even went to check and be sure no one had plugged the Airave back in. It was NOT connected. These were real world speeds as a result of improved backhaul courtesy of NV upgrades. Hallelujah! Just for anyone who is wondering..the speeds have remained generally consistent ever since. I rarely dip below 0.8 mb down even in the deepest recesses of the house. There have been exceptions...when the speeds briefly drop back down to lethargically slow 2G speeds..but I imagine this is due to testing or something. I don't know. But, by and large, the upgrades (to just the 3G network I'm speaking to) have been amazing here in Atlanta.

Just so you know. : o ) Cheers, folks!

• Like 6

July July July!!! :P

It's on my weekend to do list.

Robert

Looking forward to it. My patience will soon be rewarded :D

i know its going to be harder and harder to make these maps as the schedule of NV speeds up