Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

GMR's not the worst thing in the world, at least B25 and B26 are still a possibility. GMOs on the other hand, limited B25 (most don't have it) and no B26.

Except that now, they can't do b41 without re-engineering all of the sites. It's been a while since I checked, but I've never seen a gmr b41 setup.

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems like sprint has started doing CA on other bands not just 41, saw it on 25 today

Engineering screenshot or other evidence?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

ill take a signalcheck pro screenshot when it comes back on, this was the first time I saw it

Signalcheck does not show carrier aggregation. It shows what carriers you're connected to and frequencies.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Well if it's B25² on SCp then it's good news as most of central valley is only 20 MHz PCS A allocation.

This means that they've refarmed 10 MHz of it and slimmed it down to 3 CDMA carriers in exchange for a brand new 5 MHz FDD B25 carrier!

• Like 1

Well if it's B25² on SCp then it's good news as most of central valley is only 20 MHz PCS A allocation.

This means that they've refarmed 10 MHz of it and slimmed it down to 3 CDMA carriers in exchange for a brand new 5 MHz FDD B25 carrier!

I have seen B25² at LAX using Singnal Check Pro when I looked into it was saying that it was also B26 I did not have enough time to screen shot it becasue it lasted for 15 sec plus I was driving so when I go back to LAX & I see it again I will screen shot it for everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Single check pro found another B41-3 

GCI:09745907,PCI:37, TAC:19201

Mind you this is on my G3

Speed test was 30.20 down while upload was 13.53 

the second one says 

B41-3 

GCI:09746806 PCI: 78, TAC:19201

Speed test for this one was download 34.13 upload 14.71

still not seeing anything like those 90 being posted from Sprint CEO on Twitter

Single check pro found another B41-3 

GCI:09745907,PCI:37, TAC:19201

Mind you this is on my G3

Speed test was 30.20 down while upload was 13.53 

the second one says 

B41-3 

GCI:09746806 PCI: 78, TAC:19201

Speed test for this one was download 34.13 upload 14.71

still not seeing anything like those 90 being posted from Sprint CEO on Twitter

LG G3 doesn't support carrier aggregation, so it'll connect to one 20MHz carrier - ideally the fastest one available. So the max it can do is around 80 Mbps, but that would be really rare. Would require tower to not be used. So ideally, if you were using a phone that supports 3xCA, you'd be getting around 100 Mbps, depending on the bandwidth load of the other two 20MHz carriers.

LG G4 can do 20+20 carrier aggregation and LG G5 can do 20+20+20 carrier aggregation.

LG G3 doesn't support carrier aggregation, so it'll connect to one 20MHz carrier - ideally the fastest one available. So the max it can do is around 80 Mbps, but that would be really rare. Would require tower to not be used. So ideally, if you were using a phone that supports 3xCA, you'd be getting around 100 Mbps, depending on the bandwidth load of the other two 20MHz carriers.

LG G4 can do 20+20 carrier aggregation and LG G5 can do 20+20+20 carrier aggregation.

G5 is only capable of 2 carrier aggregation 20+20.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

No it is hardware incapable.

The announcement is wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Sprint is lying to us. :twitch:

Shame, such a nice device. What about the mentioned HTC 9 and 10?

I'm not sure why they listed the A9 at all since it has a sd617 chip which is straight out incapable of 3xCA.

HTC 10 is legit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I'm not sure why they listed the A9 at all since it has a sd617 chip which is straight out incapable of 3xCA.

HTC 10 is legit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

How can we trust Sprints network team when they dont even know which phones are 3xca?

It's the marketing team that does Press releases.

Yes but doesn't the network team tell the marketing team? I guess there is alot of confusion at Sprint right now. Even customer service seems to lack anything other than info that we can look up for ourselves.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes but doesn't the network team tell the marketing team? I guess there is alot of confusion at Sprint right now. Even customer service seems to lack anything other than info that we can look up for ourselves.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It has the Snapdragon, which as far as I know is the same processor as the S7. So doesn't it have the X12 LTE Modem? Pretty certain all those do.... maybe wrong. Here is a quote from a press release, also a article about the modem which I believe is in the G5. Take a look, I think if it does have it and it isn't on that will come with software update,

Press Release from Qualcomm: I put a ------><------- in the part mentioning 3x.

"This is the first publicly announced processor for use in mobile devices to support LTE Category 12 in the downlink and Category 13 in the uplink, providing up to 33 percent and 200 percent improvement over its predecessor's download and upload speeds, respectively. Also available as a discrete chipset, the X12 LTE modem has demonstrated peak download speeds of up to 600 Mbps -----> through 3x downlink carrier aggregation <-------and 256-QAM, as well as peak upload speeds of up to 150 Mbps through 2x uplink carrier aggregation and 64-QAM"

Android Central Article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/snapdragon-820-come-new-x12-lte-modem

LG G5 Modem: From Gizmotimes.com

Can you detail about the processor that powers the LG G5?

The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor is the flagship SoC from Qualcomm for 2016, and this is what powers the phone that LG has just announced. It is an octa-core chipset clocking at 2.7 GHz, and it is a 64-bit processor. It also has Adreno 530 graphics and lower-power Qualcomm®HexagonTM DSP as well as Qualcomm Spectra™ 14-bit dual image signal processors (ISPs) designed to deliver high-resolution DSLR-quality images and additional power savings.-----------> The Snapdragon 820 processor also has an integrated X12 LTE modem that supports Category 12 download speeds of up to 600 Mbps and LTE Category 13 uplink speeds of up to 150 Mbps.<--------------

Link to article: http://www.gizmotimes.com/faq/lg-g5-faq/8308

Sent from mTalk

It has the Snapdragon, which as far as I know is the same processor as the S7. So doesn't it have the X12 LTE Modem? Pretty certain all those do.... maybe wrong. Here is a quote from a press release, also a article about the modem which I believe is in the G5. Take a look, I think if it does have it and it isn't on that will come with software update,

Sent from mTalk

The modem may be a category 12 capable one but you need to pair it with the capable transceivers.

It is FCC tested and specified specifically to support category 6 which is carrier aggregation of two carriers. This is repeated on every single LG g5 models SAR documentation and testing that was submitted to and certified by the FCC.

P6Wb9Wo.png

I will be extremely surprised and wrong if it did have the capability. 

• Like 1

Sprint is up to something in Hanford. Past half year it was common to have 1Mbps speed tests (even the SpeedSmart app reported that the average local download speed within 10 miles in past 14 days was 1.X Mbps). This afternoon at 5pm I did a speed test at Home Depot and got the following. Even more impressive, that was on 5x5 band 25. Even during school hours (I live in an area covered by the same sector as the high school) I rarely/ever? go below 3 Mbps anymore.

eNKztUM.png

• Like 1

Sprint is up to something in Hanford. Past half year it was common to have 1Mbps speed tests (even the SpeedSmart app reported that the average local download speed within 10 miles in past 14 days was 1.X Mbps). This afternoon at 5pm I did a speed test at Home Depot and got the following. Even more impressive, that was on 5x5 band 25. Even during school hours (I live in an area covered by the same sector as the high school) I rarely/ever? go below 3 Mbps anymore.

eNKztUM.png

They have been adding a 2nd b25 carrier in every market here other than UCV. That should help out capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2